Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:34 am Last visit was: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:34 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:41 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 28/12 Lyn

Warnings: 0
ARGH!!! :smt009 :smt011

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:41 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: 28/12 Lyn

Simon F wrote:
NoelsFan wrote:
What will the offer be if she is left with TURKEY SANDWICH and 10p?

I don't know but it will be a poultry offer (sorry).

Oh clucking hell!!! I wonder if she will chicken out with 2 boxes left! There will be a lot of flapping if she wins the 15k!!!!!!!! :-D

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:41 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 28/12 Lyn

Stick at £3,000 possibly?

travis P

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:41 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 28/12 Lyn

NoelsFan wrote:
What will the offer be if she is left with TURKEY SANDWICH and 10p?

Two turkey sandwiches, with stuffing. :-D

Last edited by travis P on Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:42 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 28/12 Lyn
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

This is the type of finish we don't like says Noel... The Banker says he had a dream that Lyn would go away with a turkey sandwich, and Alex comes along and ruins that!!

Banker's offer:

£5,000

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:42 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 28/12 Lyn

£5,000 is very respectable. I'd deal here.

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:43 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 28/12 Lyn

Alex tells Lyn that the Banker rarely offers third of the highest box in this situation...

Lyn says

DEAL

Profile E-mail  

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:44 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 28/12 Lyn

Noel opens box 6 and reveals 10p

Box 20 with Carrie contains the £15,000

Profile E-mail  

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:45 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: 28/12 Lyn

It is good that the banker didn't get her cheep! It was an eggellent result and a cracking result!!!!

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:47 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 28/12 Lyn

Well, that was some kind of game, I'm giving this one a new label!

"Entertainment Factor"

This means that today's show brought entertainment to the max with all the Turkey jokes :)

If there wasn't for the humour, it would've been a Moderate Win

Brick

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:53 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 28/12 Lyn

Caught the last part of today's game, the addition of a 'turkey sandwich' box was good fun. Even if it did mean Lyn's box probably had the lowest amount available in the game :lol:

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:58 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 28/12 Lyn

After a week of memorable games, this was a gentle TPW to end the week. Only 2 real decisions to make at 5 box (which could have been taken by a cautious player) and 2 box.

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:00 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 28/12 Lyn

Good to see the normal lot back, it seemed they were a lot more familiar than this time last year due to only being 3 Xmas stars though it took me a while to recognise some of them in their regular attire (Sarah looked nothing like she did in her Xmas costume and it was odd seeing Carrie without long plats again), and I actually though today was going to be another Santa v Scrooge but it would have been a bit strange after Xmas I think.

I can imagine a lot of people being disappointed with the game after the recent run of huge wins including Xmas star Ian, but I was really pleased that she avoided winning the 10p in her box, and she extracted close to the maximum out of her game barring a possible swap at the end, pleased too that the last offer was good as I thought she deserved it, I was impressed by her calmness and composure, though I'm sure she was kicking herself for not saving Box 2 until after 5-box! And trust Alex of all people to have the Turkey Sandwich! :)

Well done Lyn!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

KP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:48 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 28/12 Lyn
International Forums Moderator

So apparently the joke offers are back. Until two-box at least - and apparently there is one person on the wings with a knowledge of statistics and history. Can't wait for Alex's game!

Nice comedy twist with the 1p again, and frightfully close to being in the box as well...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:52 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 28/12 Lyn
Forum Games Moderator

Good game today I think. In old-fashioned words, a TPW. A nice, comfortable and moderately entertaining one at that.

Welldone Lyn on £5,000.

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum...have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Profile E-mail  

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:56 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 28/12 Lyn

Hope everyone had a great christmas!

Anyway, I enjoyed that show back in October in the audience - admittedly not as spectacular as Jane's, but the entertainment factor was just as high with the turkey jokes, and Lyn's feisty attitude against the banker (which sort of came across) was just as interesting and enjoyable to watch. (If she had left box 2, it would've been an identical finish as well!)

It was not a big money game, but her peak offer was only £3k more than she took, and no complaints about that final offer decision. She got a respectable offer because she had made it apparent she was prepared to go to the end if necessary. Her gameplay strategy was great throughout in this regard.

It was quite a surreal show, following immediately after the scrooge or santa on 23rd December, but I liked it as it gave me a chance to recognise players on the wings properly rather than draped in christmas garb! (don't forget they had to hurriedly change out of that gear for the 2nd recording :lol: ) Anyway, a great day out it turned out to be... now to plan my next visit!

Now I'm up to date and don't know any spoilers :( , but I'm particularly looking forward to Alex's, Len's, Mary's and Carrie's games, as they were such great fun at the recordings. I wonder if today is a clue to Mary playing on New Year's Eve...?

Last edited by StatsMan on Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

collydolly

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:14 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: 28/12 Lyn

As you say StatsMan it was surreal watching the recording of this show as we had no more than half an hour between Jane and Lyn's games but it had to look like three days :ponder:

Lyn was a very quiet lady and I hope she enjoyed her day :D

I was very much in evidence on the front row far left, in Davey's usual seat :roll:

We will be into March before my next two shows. Those were the ones with Kestral, Taff and Goldeneye also in the Dream Factory :D

I know many spoilers but why spoil the viewing of our favourite show by already knowing the end :ponder:

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:20 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 28/12 Lyn

Nice...

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:24 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 28/12 Lyn

Some cruel luck with the boxes there but a victory of sorts in the end so not a total disaster.
Looks like Lyn got out just in time - funny isn't it how the players who keep pulling out high reds in live play so often end up bringing a blue to the table?

Some good banter too, I'm especially enjoying the building tension between the Banker and Alex, his game is going to be a hoot.

Also after 9 games it's nice to see Sarah properly, she's even prettier than i thought :D

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:17 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 28/12 Lyn

An unlucky game overall...once we got to four boxes left, I was getting very worried that we was going to see a TURKEY SANDWICH/10p finish! :shock: Thankfully not!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  
 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]