Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:19 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:19 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:01 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Christmas Stars Special - Marianne

Warnings: 0
foxxy wrote:
Mad Mark wrote:
foxxy wrote:
Come on people..... it's Xmas tv...... I really wanted her her to win massive!!!!

Don't read anything into it......let's just hope she enjoyed her day, and that she continues to do so much good work!!!, and rasies money!! The shirt off Noels back should fetch a few quid!!!!

I'll bid.....is it on ebay?

X-mas TV it is. But good TV it is most definitely not.

This is complete and utter Banana Sandwich, which has no place on television, regardless of what day it is.

If she wanted to do some good work, she would have taken an offer and at least guaranteed herself some money. Instead, she just embarrassed herself on national television. That is most definitely NOT good work.

Mark.... I'm an avid fan of the show, and watch it and take it as it is! Don't tell me she embarrased herself!!! She did what she felt was right! Ok, from a 'game plan' point of view, it was a failure... bit c'mon.its the 'stars' show... and she did what she felt was the right thing to do!

No place on television?........ I watched.I felt........ I enjoyed............END OF!!!!!!!

You call winning 1p starworthy?! Wow. I call it massive failure.

In the end, it's not about who they are, it's about what they win. Well, that's how I see it.

1p wins = Bad telly. 'Nuff said.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:08 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Christmas Stars Special - Marianne

Well I wasn't expecting a 1p win for Christmas day. An alright show though despite the result with some comedy moments included, like the comedy wig moment.

Also (could be considered a spoiler I suppose)
Noel mentioned that Marianne was the 18th member of the 1p club. Now the Christmas Star shows were apparently recorded on 10th November, yet the normal shows currently on screen this week were recorded around the start of October (around the 8th October I think). I'm not entirely sure on the amount of episodes recorded between the normal shows and the Christmas Star shows that have yet to air, but I guess that means no-one else joins the 1p club during that period.

travis P

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:24 am    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Christmas Stars Special - Marianne

Mad Mark wrote:
In the end, it's not about who they are, it's about what they win. Well, that's how I see it.

What? Sorry but that is nonsense. The show here has always been built around the contestants personalities, which is why the format is done so we get to know that person for 3-4 weeks. With these special shows, they use the 3 minute video to compensate this.

Mad Mark wrote:
This is complete and utter Banana Sandwich, which has no place on television, regardless of what day it is.

British television doesn't work this way, if the producers decided to scrap the show because somebody only won a penny then they would waste everybody's time in the studio. However, if Channel 4 decided to pull it for some reason (see Amanda's game or major breaking news) then that is a different matter. Production companies over here haven't got the time to ditch episodes because they won something rubbish. It has been laid out we have these games so we can see the pleasure and the pain to the format. This is Endemol West not Endemol USA (no wonder the primetime show is failing).

I do wish you actually "watch" the show in some form rather than comment on what you've read on the box values and offers. As you're giving no respect to the show.

box23

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:02 am    Author: box23    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Christmas Stars Special - Marianne

great show ,how fitting to have a 1p club member join on Christmas Day..
Christmas is not about the money, remember?

As for Mad Mark, I think you just need a cuddle or the sales reciept for your unwanted prezzies, if you recieved any that is.
If you don't get a cuddle, step outside and get a life.

MisterAl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:49 am    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Christmas Stars Special - Marianne

I completely agree with Travis's post there.

Sure, it'd have been fantastic if Marianne would have won some decent money, but she didn't, and that's the nature of the game. Despite that, it was still an inspiring programme because Marianne's stoic attitude showed us that there's far more important things to life than money.

So in this case, I for one do call winning 1p starworthy. To say that it has "no place on television" is an insult to Marianne and the good work she does.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:14 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Christmas Stars Special - Marianne

If Mad Mark grew up over here, he'd be used to the disappointing side to British gameshows that we're all very used to, instead of the win-win situation over there. Simple.

I want to comment on Mike's comment about the 1p club, but it can easily be construed as a spoiler, so I'm going to post it in the 1p Club thread in the Spoiler Section.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:41 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Christmas Stars Special - Marianne

box23 wrote:
great show ,how fitting to have a 1p club member join on Christmas Day..
Christmas is not about the money, remember?

As for Mad Mark, I think you just need a cuddle or the sales reciept for your unwanted prezzies, if you recieved any that is.
If you don't get a cuddle, step outside and get a life.

1. I don't celebrate Christmas.
2. I got some great Hanukkah / birthday presents.
3. I get out a lot, and I do have a life, thank you.
4. I did get a nice cuddle as well.

I stand by what I said. At least we got back-to-back Epic Wins on the US version. That's a redeeming quality, and it certainly fit better with the overall happiness of Christmas.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:59 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Christmas Stars Special - Marianne

I may be in the minority, but I see this result as a double-edged sword, so to speak...

On one hand, it is a pain to have a reality check after all the huge wins we've had since November and seeing a new member of the 1p club is very unlucky :(

On the other hand, it's games like these that sets up huge potential wins, £100K Betty is a prime example :)

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:01 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Christmas Stars Special - Marianne

It was almost laughable when she won the 1p, and no, I'm not being nasty, because I knew she'd get showered with gifts anyway.

Did anyone notice that the gifts were fewer and not as good as Ian's?

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:35 am    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Christmas Stars Special - Marianne

Mad Mark wrote:
At least we got back-to-back Epic Wins on the US version. That's a redeeming quality, and it certainly fit better with the overall happiness of Christmas.

Back to back epic wins wouldn't be good. It would ruin the surprise of what people win, and I like the variety in the wins over here. In the UK version, the contestants are the most important factor, not the amount of money won. Yes an Epic Win would fit better with the overall happiness of Christmas, but that's DOND. It's a game of chance, some folks win a life changing amount, others don't.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:15 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Christmas Stars Special - Marianne

I was surprised given the result that this was chosen as the Xmas Day show (Noel's intro's seemed non-specific and the shows could probably have been shown in any order) but i thought it was a good show in itself. Marianne was a very admirable charector and i'd be interested to know how much her DOND memorabelia (especially that 1p box) helped raise for her charity

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:46 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Christmas Stars Special - Marianne

I only saw a very little bit of this one...

But the guy in W11 who seemed to gesture to the camera at the second ad break just annoyed me...

[ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]