Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:46 am Last visit was: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:46 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:56 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Christmas Stars Special - Marianne
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Noel opens box 8 and reveals 1p

Marianne is the 18th member of the 1p club!

Profile E-mail  

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:56 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Christmas Stars Special - Marianne

Box 22 with Ange contains the £100

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:56 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Christmas Stars Special - Marianne
International Forums Moderator

And they aired this on Christmas Day. Wow. Someone clearly looked at last year's ratings (heck the intro mentioned them) and decided the bad game was to be burned off on Christmas Day.

Still, we probably needed a failed gamble after the recent run of Christmas miracles, just as a viewer reality check.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:58 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Christmas Stars Special - Marianne

I really can't believe that! All I can say is that I'm so glad this isn't a normal game...Noel has just said someone will want to buy her 1p box now and buy her 1p club status off her!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:59 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Christmas Stars Special - Marianne

Noel says the game may be over but her show isn't and there are some presents for her, the shirt off Noel's back- signed, her DOND box, which should both earn her a lot of money, and also whale and dophin spotting trip, a night at hotel with all the trimmings, bouquet of flowers.

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:02 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Christmas Stars Special - Marianne

It's Sam's game all over again... next to no money, but a holiday to make up for it. Except she also gets a few other bits.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:44 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Christmas Stars Special - Marianne

KP wrote:
Whoever said they might put the best game on Christmas Eve due to the better ratings has been proven unequivocally right. I was convinced this was a £250k game before the game and throughout reading the recap right until it went.

That was my reasoning. Good that she took her bad luck so well but I was surprised that she turned down the £10,000 given her charity work. Given what was given in gifts yesterday, today's gifts seemed less in quantity and value.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:30 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Christmas Stars Special - Marianne

Holy effing crap. That did not need to be shown on Christmas, IMO. I can't believe they did that. No one deserves that. This is why I have lost all faith in this show. Anyone who enjoyed that needs to seriously rethink their words.

Box 23 says

I don't care what day it is. That does not belong on television :evil: .

KP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:39 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Christmas Stars Special - Marianne

That could only have been aired on one of three days, Mark - I can only presume they thought this was the day nobody would watch it, based on last year's ratings!!

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:46 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Christmas Stars Special - Marianne

KP wrote:
That could only have been aired on one of three days, Mark - I can only presume they thought this was the day nobody would watch it, based on last year's ratings!!

No, no, NO!

I don't even celebrate Christmas, but that show was awful. One of the worst in years. I'm sorry, but a 1p win should not be a Christmas show! The tape should have been discarded immediately, and the game should have been played again. This is Christmas. It's all about the giving spirit. It's more worthwhile to see someone win big rather than fail miserably. This is totally unacceptable. Because of the charity work she does, she should have been guaranteed a minimum of £10,000 or something like that. But they didn't do that, and so this poor unfortunate soul embarrassed herself in front of her friends and family. That's just plain effing awful.

Last edited by Dr. Hindsight on Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:46 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Christmas Stars Special - Marianne

I half agree with Mark; as I've already said, thank god it wasn't a normal game shown on Christmas Day else it would have been horrible!

But Mark, if you saw the show, you'll know that it was effectively saved by the Christmas gifts at the end! :D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:50 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Christmas Stars Special - Marianne

Big-Davey wrote:
I half agree with Mark; as I've already said, thank god it wasn't a normal game shown on Christmas Day else it would have been horrible!

But Mark, if you saw the show, you'll know that it was effectively saved by the Christmas gifts at the end! :D

Bah humbug. The only gift that matters is money - and lots of it. And the other gifts weren't anything worth writing home about, IMO.

And just because I'm a journalist by trade, here's a KP-esque headline for y'all - X-mas becomes X-mess for contestant.

Merry Failmas.

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:29 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Christmas Stars Special - Marianne

Well at least it wasn't a fix! I was half asleep watching that due to a bit too much dinner but I can't say I particualrly enjoyed it - that vicar guy who had the run-in with the banker really got on my nerves and so did the young man who stood in W11 and danced!!!

And I didn't really think the offers were much good apart from the £2,500 at which point I think she was in loss-chansing mode!

(trust me to miss a 71k win but see a 1p win!!) :(

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

maggieq

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:35 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Christmas Stars Special - Marianne

these xmas star shows dont do a thing for me.l'm bored out of my bracket!roll on the weekend then we can get some normality back into DOND.

Big D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:43 pm    Author: Big D    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Christmas Stars Special - Marianne

Big-Davey wrote:
It's because she really deserves it, Big D - bloody hell if I could help out as many people as she can, I'd feel a hell of a lot better about myself!

I wasn't suggesting for a second that she hasn't done a lot of good & deserves her moment in the spotlight, but I think after the intro film and the first 15 box openings we kinda got the message.

Big D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:49 pm    Author: Big D    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Christmas Stars Special - Marianne

James1978 wrote:
Well at least it wasn't a fix! I was half asleep watching that due to a bit too much dinner but I can't say I particualrly enjoyed it - that vicar guy who had the run-in with the banker really got on my nerves and so did the young man who stood in W11 and danced!!!

What... only those two? :twisted:

Big D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:50 pm    Author: Big D    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Christmas Stars Special - Marianne

maggieq wrote:
these xmas star shows dont do a thing for me.l'm bored out of my bracket!roll on the weekend then we can get some normality back into DOND.

Second that...

foxxy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:15 pm    Author: foxxy    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Christmas Stars Special - Marianne

Come on people..... it's Xmas tv...... I really wanted her her to win massive!!!!

Don't read anything into it......let's just hope she enjoyed her day, and that she continues to do so much good work!!!, and rasies money!! The shirt off Noels back should fetch a few quid!!!!

I'll bid.....is it on ebay?

Profile E-mail  

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:55 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Christmas Stars Special - Marianne

foxxy wrote:
Come on people..... it's Xmas tv...... I really wanted her her to win massive!!!!

Don't read anything into it......let's just hope she enjoyed her day, and that she continues to do so much good work!!!, and rasies money!! The shirt off Noels back should fetch a few quid!!!!

X-mas TV it is. But good TV it is most definitely not.

This is complete and utter Banana Sandwich, which has no place on television, regardless of what day it is.

If she wanted to do some good work, she would have taken an offer and at least guaranteed herself some money. Instead, she just embarrassed herself on national television. That is most definitely NOT good work.

foxxy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:06 pm    Author: foxxy    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Christmas Stars Special - Marianne

Mad Mark wrote:
foxxy wrote:

X-mas TV it is. But good TV it is most definitely not.

This is complete and utter Banana Sandwich, which has no place on television, regardless of what day it is.

If she wanted to do some good work, she would have taken an offer and at least guaranteed herself some money. Instead, she just embarrassed herself on national television. That is most definitely NOT good work.

Mark.... I'm an avid fan of the show, and watch it and take it as it is! Don't tell me she embarrased herself!!! She did what she felt was right! Ok, from a 'game plan' point of view, it was a failure... bit c'mon.its the 'stars' show... and she did what she felt was the right thing to do!

No place on television?........ I watched.I felt........ I enjoyed............END OF!!!!!!!

Profile E-mail  
 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]