Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:59 am Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:59 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

KP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:38 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Quote:
Plus, he is probably more likely to lowball the offer with a red on the table so that if it works out he can claim a big victory - and even if it doesn't, Endemol have got a great segment of entertainment, which was the case today.

Not only a great segment of entertainment, but fuel for the Wakeyist fire. Let us not forget the real Banker role.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

foxxy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:38 pm    Author: foxxy    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

Congrats to Ellen..... superb nerve, courage and conviction!

Enjoy!!!!

:D :D :D

maggieq

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:39 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

:smt038 this was DOND at its very best.such a deserved win for a lovely lady.Ellen shone in her game and a real boost for everyone in the wings.enjoy spending the dosh.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:05 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

Amazing game, excellent comeback,

When Ellen revealed the Scrooge at 5 box i genuinely thought it was all over but unlike yesterday the banker overplayed his hand. Perhaps it was the vast contrast in the board (3 very low blues vs 2 hefty reds) but even allowing for his inside knowledge the last two offers seemed insultingly low.

Well done Ellen, a fantastic game and a well deserved £75k :smt023

jamesfish

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:08 am    Author: jamesfish    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

I just have a feeling an even bigger win is just around the corner

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:15 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

It was Loraine who got "offered" a swap -only offer on 75k/1p in proveout. No doubt just so there could be a guilt=trip whicever box the 75k was in! :)

Also the banker threatened to do it with Dave from March this year (the one with the goatee) - he eventually offered 21k (after pretending to offer a swap, and then just 9k) and bought a 1p box for it which was very sweet too. :)

Seriously that was real drama, even though I don;t think it took any real "courage" to win 75k courtsey of no-deals, the difference with hyesterday was with Leon the banker wanted him to deal and here he was wanting Ellen to swap. I guess that's the difference between the balances of their respective boards. And he failed miserably. :D

I'm sure she could have saved herself a million times of stress by avoiding Alex 's box (which contained 35k) too!

This actually may be the first calendar date that there have been power 5 wins in differennt years (Ellen and Claudine!!) :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:29 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

I have to add that I think the banker threw the game way by low-balling it way too much. I reckon about 8k at 5-box and 10 - 12k at 2-box would still have been lowballing it but enough to make you regret no-dealing (rather than just not swapping) if you win a blue. And to have doubts about going on if you think he's seen a blue, rather than 3k and 5k being low enough for Ellen to think "Well that's a relatively small amount to "lose" for a blue, I'll just no-deal and see what's there". And she did. Fabulous!! :D

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

dougal18

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:53 am    Author: dougal18    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

The bravery stuff should go the way of the blue chant.

Ellen had 2 dreadful offers at the end and had no other option than to say "No Deal". For Noel (and others) to describe that as "brave" is absurd.

I guess the only way to win the big money is to have the Banker not bother buying your box.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:08 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

Hmm... I dunno really. Was it meant to be won on purpose? I certainly think so. They used that end of the tension music track again, which sets some sort of editing rhythm that I could follow.

ciderduck

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:52 am    Author: ciderduck    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

lets not overanalyse here, it was a bloody good win! true, the banker shot himself in the foot with the low offer, perhaps offering more towards the £15k mark might have been more of a head-spinning confusing offer (really, what would you do then?)....I shan't go further than that in my analysis, just really happy someone won something decent, and a nice person to boot! congratulations :smt023

andyvilla

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:27 am    Author: andyvilla    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

Great game yesterday.... hope you enjoy the money ellen! obviously with the credit crunch what a time to win big :smt023

ell

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:55 pm    Author: ell    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

Thank you all for your lovely comments what was edited out was that I said at the beginning box 12 (Mary 1p) was my box and I would swap at the end. So the banker knew I had 75,000 but was gonna swap for the 1p. So I think Endemol wanted me to get the 1p :( but I had a picture of my Grand daughter and I looked at it at the end and it reminded me that box 21 was my sons birthday. So at the very last minute I said no swap and at that point every part of me was shaking. The money has literally changed my life :-D and I hope you all apply and get on there. We have all been back together again at the weekend and we are friends for life they are truly an amazing bunch of people as you all are on here thanks xx

ciderduck

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:08 pm    Author: ciderduck    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

ell wrote:
edited out was that I said at the beginning box 12 (Mary 1p) was my box and I would swap at the end.

wonder why that was edited out....it would've made the game even more tense! perhaps if you had gone ahead and swapped (for the penny) they would have included that at the start, as you mentioned. lucky you didnt swap then, eh ;) congrats again :D

wicked stepmother

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:26 pm    Author: wicked stepmother    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

Well done Ellen :smt023 Glad to hear you are enjoying your winnings :-D

I had to go out to a party about 20 minutes after the end of DOND yesterday but couldn't even get changed till I had seen the happy ending! :redhappy

greeny

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:44 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

Best game in ages, Ellen was a great player and provided a great game and very tense finish, and I literally jumped out my seat when the £75,000 was revealed in 21.

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:50 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

KP wrote:
I think you mean 'wouldn't'.

Although you might be right about the current bunch of contestants.

[*]

Yep. There was a negative missing in my late post. I either meant no deal/would or deal/wouldn't.

Brick

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:09 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

Rubbish offers, even by this year's standards. Glad Ellen wasn't sucked in though and got a great result.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:27 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

Well the Banker's Scrooge twist back-fired on him there and worked in the player's favour instead. If the Santa twist had been revealed instead then this whole game would have worked out different, and ironically no doubt, would have saved the Banker some money if it had been a Santa twist instead.

Instead of offering £5,000 like the Banker did at the end, which i'm sure he knew most people wouldn't deal at regardless of his mind games, why not just offer £30,000+ or something as I doubt many player's would be willing to turn £30,000 odd with the 1p still in play. That way the final offer would have more than likely been dealt and the Banker would have still made a lot of profit from the box, instead of a loss like he did.

It was an enjoyable game though and a great result. Was so glad to see £75,000 revealed and not see another player become a member of the 1p club, especially with the contrast involved between the 1p & £75,000.

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:43 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

Well, I was going to say something about this game, but due to only posting on here today, I've had to amend it.

If it wasn't for Lauren's game, this would definitely be show of the month so far. It was brilliant. Tense, good bits of entertainment.

The £5,000 final offer was disgusting in my view so I was so glad to see Ellen go on and take the Banker for £75,000.

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:58 am    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

Typical. That was the first game that I missed in ages, and it sounds like it was a fantastic one!

[ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]