Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue May 24, 2022 10:29 am Last visit was: Tue May 24, 2022 10:29 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:55 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

Warnings: 0
...and she keeps her box, I hope this pays off...

KP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials
International Forums Moderator

If I wanted to see a game of bluffing I'd go and watch PokerFace on YouTube... today's 'offers' have meant the entire game is bluff.

Ellen's calling the double-bluff, let's see...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Last edited by KP on Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:55 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

Yes! Great game!

kestral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:55 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Noel now offers Ellen the SWAP

Ellen says NO SWAP

Noel opens box 21 and reveals £75,000 :D

Box 12 with Mary contains the 1p

Ellen says all her family are going to get big presents this year, and she is going to New York :D

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:56 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

YEEEEEESSSS!!! :-D :-D :-D

GET IN!!!

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:57 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

What an amazing game!!

KP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:58 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

The First Rule of DoND

When it's 1p/£75,000, the Banker always offers a swap.

Literally with PJ, hypothetically with someone else I forget now, literally with Julie, and now indirectly with Ellen.

On two of those occasions the banker-producer paid the price, and on the earlier occasion the reaction was so angry as to necessitate an immediate bailout for the cash offer that should have been made all along.

I love it when the banker's stupidity means he has to pay out loads of money.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:58 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

Box 23, call this one an EPIC WIN, please? 8)

greeny

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:00 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

KP wrote:
The First Rule of DoND

Literally with PJ, hypothetically with someone else I forget now, literally with Julie, and now indirectly with Ellen.

On two of those occasions the banker-producer paid the price, and on the earlier occasion the reaction was so angry as to necessitate an immediate bailout for the cash offer that should have been made all along.

I love it when Endemol's stupidity means they have to pay out loads of money.

Julie had £5 at the end, and Kev had the hypo swap on a 1p/£75,000

Profile E-mail  

Craig

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:02 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

That was amazing! For the first time ever i watched the whole game without looking at the clock and im soo glad i didnt see it!

Ellen is a wonderful woman and i was actually shaking when Noel was about to open her box cause i wanted her to win £75,000! I thought the banker was double-bluffing aswell but you just never know! And im just sooo sooo happy Ellen has got £75,000! What an amazing game for an amazing woman!

Well done Ellen!! :-D

Profile E-mail  

Lewis246

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:03 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

KP wrote:
The First Rule of DoND

Chris B also had a triple-stick with a 1p/£75,000 finish, and got the £75,000.

Today's game was an Banana Sandwich for sure...

...for the banker. Really glad Ellen got £75,000.

Profile E-mail  

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:05 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

Thank you Ellen for proving me totally wrong, as I thought that game was going to implode when they started THAT chant

Was bracing myself for the crash, but was proved totally wrong

Well done on the 75k, Ellen, enjoy every single penny :D

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

travis P

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:11 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

The final offer being £5,000.

To be honest, I wasn't far off my predicted offer. I said and on the basis I don't know what is on the table, it would've been either a mandatory swap offer or £7,000 on the basis that the physcological factor being the penny is still there.

At the end of the day, they're there to make "great telly" regardless if Endemol West was messing around with the offers.

As stated before, if somebody has that little ounce of patience then the wins will come.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:18 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

He could've come down and placed the money on the table instead... Eeeeeeeek :|

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:35 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

Time for a crossword clue.

Two words, seven letters total. The clue is "How today's game could be described."

The answer is

and rightfully so. Ellen took a huge gamble, and it paid off wonderfully. Congrats to Ellen, whose holiday season has just been made happier to the tune of £75,000 :) .

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:43 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials
Forum Games Moderator

KP wrote:
The First Rule of DoND

On two of those occasions the banker-producer paid the price

What?

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum...have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Profile E-mail  

jamesfish

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:40 pm    Author: jamesfish    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

well done little elf ellen, sorry i did not see your game, you are an amazing lady, enjoy £75,000

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:13 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

Another day where you could send yourself round in circles trying to work out whether the banker was bluffing or not. The simple question today was whether you'd deal £5k on a £75k/1p board normally and I think most people would.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:24 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

I think you mean 'wouldn't'.

Although you might be right about the current bunch of contestants.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:23 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 17/12 Ellen - Santa or Scrooge Specials

Awesome game today, despite me having some inclination shall we say as to the result. Shows how the Scrooge can backfire spectacularly on the banker - in the end, I think he ties himself in knots with his own gameplan sometimes!

Plus, he is probably more likely to lowball the offer with a red on the table so that if it works out he can claim a big victory - and even if it doesn't, Endemol have got a great segment of entertainment, which was the case today.

I think most would no deal £5k in that situation - it's immaterial - the question is more "bluff or no bluff?". If I was the banker, I'd have offered a swap straight off, that might have inclined her more to swap bizarrely. Or not. Now I'm confused :?

Anyway, this has been a great week so far, can it continue...? :|

Profile E-mail  
 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]