Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 19, 2022 10:13 am Last visit was: Thu May 19, 2022 10:13 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:53 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Vincenzo

Warnings: 0
What a crash and wow!

£50K still there :suspect:

And it is the Banker's gamble!

Last edited by killersbee on Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:53 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Vincenzo
International Forums Moderator

The £50k/blue situation that I'd see as a useful enough fallback to chase the quarter-million... promptly arrives.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:53 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Vincenzo

Well well well...

£10

£50,000

Banker's offer:

BANKER'S GAMBLE

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:55 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Vincenzo

Vincenzo says NO DEAL to the Gamble...

And in his box 8 is the £50,000 :(

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Last edited by Big-Davey on Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Vincenzo

Wouldn't take this on, if you even needed to consider - much less take - the five-box offer this is a ridiculously out-of-character risk to take.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:55 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Vincenzo

BLAST!!! :smt009 :smt011

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:56 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Vincenzo

Sandie had the £10 in box 1...

Noel says he loves family, and that Vincenzo has a very lucky one...and hopes that £17,500 will do a lot for him and his family!

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:58 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Vincenzo

Well that was a very good game, lots of banter all the way through...until he blew £50k :(

I sure hope we won't get that during the christmas week :eyes:

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:00 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Vincenzo

With our usual assumption of the offer being the same amount the player had already dealt at, I don't think anyone would have seen anything wrong with Vincenzo dealing at £17,500 on a £10/£50,000 finish...so I think it was near enough a perfect game for him.

Shame it was an OBW, but that is right up there with my favourite games of season 4 so far...

Profile E-mail  

wkd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:03 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Vincenzo

Enjoyed that!

Father was quite amiable with enough of the devil about him to dismiss the farcical 3k and 8,999 offers. The son evidently regards buying a lottery ticket as dangerously wild behaviour and would have had the old man sectioned if he'd tried to knock back 17,500.

i'd hoped he might have got past 5 box but with the son hovering, ready to brain him, it was never likely.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:15 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Vincenzo

A fun game with lots of buns...um puns :eyes: through-out the show (and a few on here :lol:). I wasn't expecting Vincenzo to deal at 5-box, so it was a bit of a surprise. In the end though the Banker beat the Baker.

At yeast Vincenzo managed to get himself a nice bit of dough and took his largest offer. It was unlikely that, after accepting £17,500, that Vincenzo would then risk that on the Banker's Gamble.

:oops:

Profile E-mail  

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:17 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Vincenzo

How long did it take to make that post, Mike? :suspect: :ponder:

Profile E-mail  

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:19 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Vincenzo

Big-Davey wrote:
How long did it take to make that post, Mike? :suspect: :ponder:

I've been watching Golden Balls and kept getting distracted... :P

Profile E-mail  

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:47 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Vincenzo

I'll say this much - the last time there was a little old Italian man with a hat on this show, he experienced the ultimate Banana Sandwich. This one failed as well, but not nearly as badly as the last one did.

Tom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:39 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Vincenzo

I have to admit I was just a little bit disappointed with this game. The entertainment was there (although the baker jokes ran a bit dry) but the game itself lacked a certain edge.

£17,500 is good money, and I can understand his no-deal for the Bankers Gamble.

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:07 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Vincenzo

What a strange week of 5 box boards this week with consecutive boards with £250k left and offers around the £20k mark all dealt. It just shows that a player is probably going to have to have 3 of the power 5 in play at 5 box to get a huge offer now.

Nothing wrong with the deal in my eyes today when the 30% of trainwreck probably outweighed the 40% of huge money.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:13 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Vincenzo

Well that was entertaining, Vincenzo proved to be as much of a charector as a player as he was on the wings.

Agree with those who found his son's excessive cautiousness irritating though i'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he was just concerned for his father, rather than being naturally pessimistic.

It was a shame he missed out on the £50k but I didn't think he did too badly, he got a decent sum given the configuration of the board could have easily swung either way.

James1978

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:20 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Vincenzo

Good show, I enjoyed that, but more for the contestant and wing banter than the actual gameplay - I think a lot of these recent games would have been finished earlier than 5-box if the earlier offers weren't so terrible. Allan's 24k offer with 250k and no back-up at 5-box does feel a lifetime away even though it was less than 3 weeks ago!

I think the third offer of 3k was probably the worst non-joke offer I've ever seen on what was at the time still a fantastic board! I think it's just the banker warming up for the Xmas specials where the games have to get to 5-box anyway for the twists to take place. Well except for miserable Chris in halloween week! :)

I could see the logic behind the deal, there was still a 30% chance of crashing to very little in comparison with 17.5k, so can't criticise it. The banker's gamble was completely out of place, anyone who would have taken it would still have been playing anyway - I think it would have been much more appropriate had he retained the 3k rather than the ten quid. That could have been interesting.

Also ironic we get another cautious relative on Donna anniversary day, but I think he would have dealt then anyway, and at least on this occcasion it didn;t really influence the game. Amazing how few relatives are more gamble-happy than the players! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

KP

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:26 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Vincenzo

Quote:
Amazing how few relatives are more gamble-happy than the players!

That's what happens when Endemol show clear preference for Wakeyism - they cast more Wakeyistic contestants (or try to... this lot obviously got auditioned and cast before the recession really hit!) and their relatives might turn out not to think the same way!!

[ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]