Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 am Last visit was: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:00 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Rhys

Warnings: 0
Nice little game with a nice little touch

Enjoy the Headingley trip and £20,000, Rhys :)

I've been to Headingley and it's a brilliant little place to go to

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

wkd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:01 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Rhys

kestral wrote:
Ellen asks Rhys how he is feeling and if he really thinks he has the £250,000... Lucy talks about the big sums of money still in play... Rhys asks for a sweep... It's almost a clean sweep of NO DEALs apart from 3

Rhys says

DEAL

A clean sweep of no deals bar 3?! We'll see whether their risk taking resolve lasts when they get into the chair.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:03 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Rhys

It's starting to get quite monotonous now is this show... :( Shame really, used to be a great show, used to be really anxious about missing it, but the magic's definitely gone now.

crispy1978

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:04 pm    Author: crispy1978    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Rhys

kestral wrote:
This is a very strong 8-box position says Noel... The Banker says that he is struggling to buy the box today, and then thinks about some arm twisting!! He asks Rhys if he is a big fan of the Leeds Rhinos, and he is

Banker's offer:

VIP trip to Leeds Rhinos

Pre match meal meeting players

Signed shirt

Spending money - £15,000

As a fellow Rhinos fanatic, I would have been hard tempted to resist that! That would be priceless in my book. :smt023

crispy1978

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:06 pm    Author: crispy1978    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Rhys

MarkHouseUK wrote:
A bit off topic I know, but hasn't Sam been there like, forever?. She'll be drawing her pension soon if she doesn't have her game soon :)

Even she is expecting it to be her game now, it's been so long.

Yeah she seems to have been on there for ages - would be interested to know exactly how long. :ponder:

greeny

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:06 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Rhys

crispy1978 wrote:
kestral wrote:
This is a very strong 8-box position says Noel... The Banker says that he is struggling to buy the box today, and then thinks about some arm twisting!! He asks Rhys if he is a big fan of the Leeds Rhinos, and he is

Banker's offer:

VIP trip to Leeds Rhinos

Signed shirt

Spending money - £15,000

As a fellow Rhinos fanatic, I would have been hard tempted to resist that! That would be priceless in my book. :smt023

Me thinks I've seen you on another forum I visit regularly (football related).

I'm looking forward to seeing this game, I like Rhys.

Feliciter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:09 pm    Author: Feliciter    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Rhys

wkd wrote:
kestral wrote:
Ellen asks Rhys how he is feeling and if he really thinks he has the £250,000... Lucy talks about the big sums of money still in play... Rhys asks for a sweep... It's almost a clean sweep of NO DEALs apart from 3

Rhys says

DEAL

A clean sweep of no deals bar 3?! We'll see whether their risk taking resolve lasts when they get into the chair.

Well, to be fair, the sweep gives the banker a chance to probe contestants' resolve, so most, very sensibly, say "no deal" so as not to show any weakness. I gave plenty of advice in the wings, but you never really know what you would do until you're sitting there, faced with that board, with your own unique balance of greed and rationale bubbling inside you.

crispy1978

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:09 pm    Author: crispy1978    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Rhys

greeny wrote:
crispy1978 wrote:
kestral wrote:

Banker's offer:

VIP trip to Leeds Rhinos

Signed shirt

Spending money - £15,000

Me thinks I've seen you on another forum I visit regularly (football related).

I'm looking forward to seeing this game, I like Rhys.

Me thinks you might be:

Right,
Totally
Right!

:-D :-D :-D

tr4962

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:13 pm    Author: tr4962    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Rhys

I can't believe they gave him the Leeds Rhinos trip as well, utterly ridiculous, everyones always going on about how Disabled people should get equal rights as the rest of us, and i agree. But this isn't equal, they are actually treating him better obviously due to his disability, other people don't receive dream prizes as well as what they dealt at, so why should Rhys

Feliciter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:27 pm    Author: Feliciter    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Rhys

tr4962 wrote:
I can't believe they gave him the Leeds Rhinos trip as well, utterly ridiculous, everyones always going on about how Disabled people should get equal rights as the rest of us, and i agree. But this isn't equal, they are actually treating him better obviously due to his disability, other people don't receive dream prizes as well as what they dealt at, so why should Rhys

You miserable old turnip. Can't you be happy for someone else?

You may recall that not long ago, the banker rang up and extended Karina's holiday to her sisters. So it's not unique to people with a disability or sob story.

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:33 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Rhys

Well, it was certantly so much better today!

Consider it an OPW! :D

tr4962

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:35 pm    Author: tr4962    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Rhys

Feliciter wrote:
tr4962 wrote:

You may recall that not long ago, the banker rang up and extended Karina's holiday to her sisters. So it's not unique to people with a disability or sob story.

I never said it was unique, Karina on the other hand didn't win very much, it just seems patronising and unfair to others to give someone thats disabled an extra prize when they already have £20,000.

and i can't see why they did it except for the reason i already mentioned which i sincerely hope isn't the actual reason for the sake of humanity

Feliciter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:45 pm    Author: Feliciter    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Rhys

tr4962 wrote:
Feliciter wrote:
tr4962 wrote:

I never said it was unique, Karina on the other hand didn't win very much, it just seems patronising and unfair to others to give someone thats disabled an extra prize when they already have £20,000.

and i can't see why they did it except for the reason i already mentioned which i sincerely hope isn't the actual reason for the sake of humanity

The whole show is a mixture of contradictions, which makes it so watchable. Players with identical boards don't get the same offers. Is that unfair? The banker is free to be as miserly or generous as he likes. Isn't that part of the charm of the show?

Congratulations, Rhys.

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:57 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Rhys
Forum Games Moderator

Well, watched up to, er, 7-box today. I think I'm addicted again.

As for today's game, very VERY low offers for the board all the way through, I won't complain about the stupid dream offer today since I dont have the time. But, a nice OPW in the end, welldone Rhys. And best wishes from me personally for the future, if you're on the site.

Nice game I think.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

tr4962

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:58 pm    Author: tr4962    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Rhys

Feliciter wrote:
tr4962 wrote:
Feliciter wrote:
tr4962 wrote:

The whole show is a mixture of contradictions, which makes it so watchable. Players with identical boards don't get the same offers. Is that unfair? The banker is free to be as miserly or generous as he likes. Isn't that part of the charm of the show?

Congratulations, Rhys.

Well then that means the banker (or the production staff) is a bigot, the different offers on same boards is the point of the game, giving handouts to people becuase they are disabled and they feel sorry for them is unethical, both on other people who didn't get treated in this generous fashion, and on the player for being singled out.

Which contestant are you by the way

KP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:41 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Rhys
International Forums Moderator

The game is full of contradictions. That makes it entertaining in some ways, and downright unfair in others. It's a fine line to tread.

Judged in isolation, though, this game is the second this week where a Deal I wouldn't even have contemplated (and I'm not a mad gambler in the least) goes perfectly to plan. Your headline for today:

Safety-First Deal Leeds Way To Treatment
Surprise OPW augmented with previously-rejected Rhinos package

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

jellyatric

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:55 pm    Author: jellyatric    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Rhys

tr4962 wrote:
Feliciter wrote:
tr4962 wrote:
Feliciter wrote:
tr4962 wrote:

Congratulations, Rhys.

Well then that means the banker (or the production staff) is a bigot, the different offers on same boards is the point of the game, giving handouts to people becuase they are disabled and they feel sorry for them is unethical, both on other people who didn't get treated in this generous fashion, and on the player for being singled out.

Which contestant are you by the way

When the banker rang at the end of the show, didn't he [allegedly] say that he tried to cancel the package , & the trip came from the Leeds Rhinos?

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:05 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Rhys

Just as well it wasn't an analyst swapper playing that game. :)

It's funny how nobody cares about offer generoisty when it all works out perfectly, and when it comes at 5-box there is so much more chance of it going pear-shaped if two blues remain, so I don;t mind people taking offers that seem low at first glance.

I can also think of plenty of instances where something extra has been thrown in at the end, and it can't have cost that much anyway, I mean it's not like he was going halfway round the world like Basketball Tom was, and it also paled in comparison with last year's Xmas stars'special prizes, several of whom won very large amounts anyway and also none of whom were in wheelchairs.

A nice feel-good game. :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Last edited by James1978 on Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:16 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Rhys

All negativity aside, Rhys had a good game - and on my birthday to boot!

Box 23 says

KP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:27 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Rhys
International Forums Moderator

This was definitely a game for the sentimental Greenyists.

And that's a bigger proportion of the show's audience than most of this forum would like to admit.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

[ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]