Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:17 pm Last visit was: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:17 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:07 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 04/12 Joel

Warnings: 0
Thanks for covering board duties, Mike! :-D

Very trying game today to get something decent out of it. I guess the £7,000 offer was good, but most people would have at least gotten to the end offer. Still, he did the right thing at the end.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:32 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 04/12 Joel

Definitely an enjoyable show with several comedy moments and characters emerging, such as Carrie and Jackie (Vincenzo and Stan we already knew about), and I liked Joel as well, he seemed a nice honest chap, but the game itself was a bit of a struggle, after the opener there was at least one if not two big hits in every round, and he did well do get what he did out of it given the blue in his box. The offers were at least worth thinking about today too. :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:33 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject: Re: 04/12 Joel

does anyone know where Joel was from please? i thought he had a yorkshire accent but im rubbish usually at things like that

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:01 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 04/12 Joel

Good banter today from Noel and Joel. The 8 box offer of £7k was certainly not a joke offer (about half the mean and £1k over the FD). Then we had the bad luck of hitting the 6/56 chance of taking out the top 2.

The 2 box offer was one where dealing was the sensible thing to do but no dealing with £500 back up certainly wouldn't have been foolhardy.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:23 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 04/12 Joel

Gameplay wise not a spectacular game, but as usual there were some fun comedy moments and banter from everyone.

The deal was understandable and it turned out to be a good deal with only £500 being in Joel's box.

Profile E-mail  

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:30 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 04/12 Joel

Very funny banter with Joel and the wingers (Carrie - :smt046 ). And Stan's second yellow card - mind you the quality of his puns, that was well deserved (Does anyone remember his first YC because i don't? Could have been edited out i suppose)

Shame the luck wasn't in the same league as the entertainment factor, but i wonder - Tina and Joel, both dog lovers, both went home with fairly low amounts. Could we be entering a new era? - the curse of the dog lover :shock:

joely

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:26 pm    Author: joely    Post subject: Re: 04/12 Joel

Thanks for the comments, im from Hull?

Profile E-mail  

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:29 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 04/12 Joel

Ooooh, Flamed was spot-on! She's a Hull lass! ;)

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

Tom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:25 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 04/12 Joel

This was a good game, I really liked Joel. He seemed such a down-to-earth guy and a real nice chap. I'm glad he managed to get a decent sum and I hope it helps him well in the future.

Profile E-mail  
 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]