Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:32 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:32 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:59 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

Warnings: 0
Hmm...

I think it's okay but No Deal for me

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:00 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

Please No Deal!!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:00 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}
International Forums Moderator

Mark wrote:
NoelsFan wrote:
Will it be the 2nd Betty with a massive win this?

Would have been if her game Friday.

Depends on the offers and safety nets she had.

Quote:
Come on Betty, you can do it.

She will with these offers. Serious delivery of the question.

NO DEAL

No thanking of the answer. Significant.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:00 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

"This might be my day...No Deal!"

Here's hoping...

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:01 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

Hitting one of the backups to the £250k and nothing else more would be great here.

Last edited by Simon F on Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:01 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

What a start!!!!!

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:01 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

WOW!!!!!! A blue now and it's amazing!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:02 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

The board at 5-box...

£50
£250
£15,000
£50,000

£250,000

This is FAR from over! :D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:02 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

Box 7 (Rhys) - £500

Box 16 (Jean) - £3,000

Box 14 (Lauren) - £75,000

Noel was dead serious at the start of this round... and talks it up as pivotal. In fact, he's really going serious throughout this round. Very low-pitched voice. He gets excitable again after the orange went, saying 'you can't do mega damage'.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:02 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

It was Sandie, not Sam.

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:02 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

It is not that bad! A bit like the anniversary game!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:03 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

Noel admits it would have been 'extraordinary' to keep three of the top four to five-box. This is still a great board, and the edited show feels very quick indeed.

Banker's offer:

£24,000

She looks stunned. I'd be stunned it was that low.

Noel Watch: he talks up the 'steady climb', skipping the funeral offer to fit that narrative. He talks up the offer as 'a lot of money', goes Wakeyistic by saying he feels she'll be 'one of our big, big winners', and before Noel can properly undo the damage Betty's sucked in, saying 'fortune favours the brave' and NO DEALING.

Oh god. It's the right move mathematically but I can see in her face it's the wrong move for her.

Last edited by KP on Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:03 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

It's similar to Geraint's game although not quite as strong with the backups to the 2 power 5 amounts.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:04 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

A strong offer with £24,000...

Difficult decision here...if it was just the £50,000 backing the £250,000 up, I'd definitely deal. But there's still £15,000 in play as well!

I think I'd play on here...

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:04 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

Absolute rubbish, should've been £30,000 at least :(

Definatly No Deal!

Last edited by killersbee on Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:04 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

NO DEAL!!!

COME ON BETTY!!!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:06 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

And there goes the £250,000...now let's see if I was right about the £15,000 being pivotal!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:07 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

Bad luck...

£250
£15,000

I wonder what the offer is going to be here...

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:07 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

For the first time in a while, the banker's got away with a poor offer.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:07 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

Box 20 (Lisa) - £250,000
Box 13 (new player Harry) - £50
Box 19 (John) - £50,000

After the first box Noel insisted the £15k/£50k offer would be higher (the reason I'd have NDed too). After the second he insisted 'we're not there yet'. After the third, Noel sounds almost too jocular, and still talks up her 'brave, brave attempt'. She's dubbed a 'superb player of the game'...

[ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]