Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:57 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:57 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:55 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 27/11 Jenny

Warnings: 0
Oh wow!

I was wrong, what a crash! :D

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:55 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 27/11 Jenny
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Proveout round

8 - £750 - Butch

18 - £50,000 :D Rich

22 - £10,000 :D Jean

Banker time with £5 and £500 remaining

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:55 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: 27/11 Jenny

Another win for us!!!!!

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:55 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 27/11 Jenny

Banker's offer would've been:

£65

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:56 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 27/11 Jenny

Noel opens box 14 and reveals £5

Box 12 with Joel contains the £500

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:57 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 27/11 Jenny

Enjoy £6,500, Jenny

I'm gonna give this one a Moderate win, and I think that's fair enough :)

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:01 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 27/11 Jenny

Nice little game today, I rather enjoyed that

Enjoy the £6,500, Jenny :)

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

KP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:17 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 27/11 Jenny
International Forums Moderator

Always good to see a disaster avoided, and the five-box offer was smartly pitched and arguable either way!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:17 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 27/11 Jenny

I love the way killersbee goes from from being unhappy at the deal to being happy when she left an all-blue last pair!! :)

Another nice game but not one that's going to be a big standout - the offers never really went anywhere, the deal wasn't great but a heck of a lot better than some been made recently, and I was pleased she took the last chance to take some meaningful money home rather than crash to a fiver (like I probably would have gone unless I could have swapped for £500 - and I'd have left Joel till last too). :)

Still all the last three games haven't really lost any momentum after the three big wins on the trot, and this 22 are really amusing me at the moment - the newbie could be another Constance-type character I feel! And I was in stitches at the bit where Jenny told them about having to prtend her waters broke in the supermarket!! :D

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:21 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 27/11 Jenny

I loved Jenny's game - such a feel-good vibe to it throughout. It's amazing how bad the opening stages of all the games this week have been yet they've gotten something decent out of the game.

I'll definitely be around for tomorrow's show - so Tom won't have to fill in at the last minute again...:ponder:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:20 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 27/11 Jenny

Like a few games this week, a 5 box deal which was a marginal call. Luckily, she made the right decision although with 40% of a guaranteed £16.5k and a 30% chance of a half-decent consolation, there was definitely a case for no-dealing.

Noel really needs to go back to intro school - he seems to be making mistakes more often these days.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:26 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 27/11 Jenny

I think it's blatant Simon - if you look at the mistakes he's made, they were all clear cut, and the Banker ringing almost immediately after! :lol:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:10 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 27/11 Jenny

Big-Davey wrote:
I think it's blatant Simon - if you look at the mistakes he's made, they were all clear cut, and the Banker ringing almost immediately after! :lol:

Given that DOND isn't scripted, I doubt they are done deliberately. I picked up on the 14 box comment straight away today and I think the Banker is so alert that he would ring up immediately. It's good to see that they don't edit out some of Noel's mistakes (although I can imagine some of the stuff that finds its way to the cutting room floor)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:36 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 27/11 Jenny

Ahhh, I didn't mean all of them - I just meant that he could be deliberately making the intro mistakes for entertainment!

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:41 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 27/11 Jenny

Not a classic game but entertaining in it's own way. Jenny was a bubbly charector and i laughed heartily at her supermarket anecdote.
Never a big money game and after the crash in the second round i thought she did well to get back up to a deal that was almost as high as her opening offer :smt023 To avoid an all blue crash in the final round was brilliant.

And another promising newbie as well.

[ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]