Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue May 24, 2022 10:37 am Last visit was: Tue May 24, 2022 10:37 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:11 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Adie

Warnings: 0
Well, after that horrific start, followed by a cop-out, the prove out offer and then a blue in her box!

I'm tempted to give this a Moderate Win but I'm gonna have to with No Decision, sorry I'm only being honest ;)

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:23 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Adie
Forum Games Moderator

I think we should give box 23 to killersbee for a bit :P
Hang on, want box 24, killersbee?

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:26 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Adie

There's only room for one Unique box and that's 23 :P ;)

And I would love to have it for a while...

ell

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:28 pm    Author: ell    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Adie

Aw I loved Adie and it seemed like she worked so hard to get to that offer, so personally I was delighted when she dealt :D

KP

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:41 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Adie
International Forums Moderator

£3,000 was a reasonable Deal for what she had left, I think, but if the Banker's guaranteeing the mean at two-box I'm playing for that.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

foxxy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:37 pm    Author: foxxy    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Adie

well done Adie!

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:35 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Adie

That was actually quite funny!! I actually fell off my chair when the -£150 offer was mentioned, and I wonder if she'd actually accidentally said DEAL, whether they'd have made her give the banker £150? :)

I'm pretty certain that had to be the worst-ever 2nd round board - to have a 20k-high board with 15k and 5k also gone, I can't think of any boards worse than that.

It was a real shame she missed the 20k in the proveout, especially given the fact she never had it in her box, and therefore was hittable, in that case I'd e just as gutted about missing out on the average 2-box offer as if it had been in the box, as there's no way I imagine anyone would turn down the mean on a final pair of such contrasts. 3k was a decent offer though, it's still the most she could have got if she had actually hit the 20k next round!

And it was pleasing that she still seemed very happy with what she actually did win, despite it being a fairly low sum in terms of what can be won, and I bet at the time of the -£150 offer, she'd have been over the moon if someone said she was going to win 3k. So still a fairly positive outcome. :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:08 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Adie

Well after Keran's game I was thinking "it's not how you start, it's how you finish", and after the disastrous start Adie had today I remained positive that she'd get a good result in the end. Technically she did get a good result, considering, it's just a shame she didn't take advantage of the Banker's 'mean' generosity offer and take a risk to 2-box. However I can't blame Adie for dealing at £3,000 after how her game went, it was a good offer for the board (and clever by offering the second highest amount available).

I wonder if the Banker would ever consider offering the mean on a £250,000 vs blue final two....yeah I doubt it too :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:22 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Adie

James1978 wrote:

I'm pretty certain that had to be the worst-ever 2nd round board - to have a 20k-high board with 15k and 5k also gone, I can't think of any boards worse than that.

Yep. The previous worse board at 14 box was Rob in December 2005 who had taken out the whole of the power 5 and the £5,000. The 11 box board is in the top 5 worse boards too.

crazyeddie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:41 pm    Author: crazyeddie    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Adie
International Forums Moderator

And when Noel said it was the worst board yet coming to the first break, he wasn't kidding. At 15-box, it was the 23rd worst board out of 170,544 combinations, which you'll see that or worse once every 7,415 games!

The last three players have been very fortunate to have won anything of significance at all, let alone a total of £102,000 between them!

StatsMan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:33 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Adie

I thought that game was going to turn out to be a smaller scale version of Keran's game, as Adie decimated the high reds early on, and then had a long run of blues, foiled by the very last box containing £3k. Amazing to have such an awful board early on, nearly the worst possible if she'd hit £20k instead of 50p :shock:

I don't blame Adie for dealing £3k considering the game she had, that marked quite a recovery. However, given the 2 box guarantee that the offer would be the average, it was well worth carrying on, especially as the offer on blue/ £20k is so erratic - we've seen anything from £3k to £8k, so £10k was significantly generous.

Profile E-mail  

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:38 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Adie

Quite a comedown after the past 2 or 3 shows but still very watchable. It takes incredibly bad luck to wipe out the entire power 5 in the first two rounds (thankfully i don't think anyones managed it in the opening round alone - yet) and it took a lot of guts to get to that 5 box offer.

Can't say i blame her for dealing though that promise of an average offer at two box was exceptionally generous, especially given how much the banker has already paid out since Friday.

I wonder if i was the only one, who when Adie said she was missing Chester, thought for a moment she was referring to the city. :oops:

cheyenne

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:07 pm    Author: cheyenne    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Adie

An interesting and strangely, still entertaining, game with Adie. Bless 'er. She looked soul-destroyed when all the power 5 disappeared so fast. Horrid.

I don't blame her for taking the £3,000 but I think I would have still gone on (yes, and gone away with nowt).

Profile E-mail  

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:26 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Adie

When a player's board is as bad as Adie's was at one point, I know think of two things. Will it become a Nikki Tucker-esque game or a Keran-esque one.

Thankfully this turned out to be more on the Keran side. I don't blame her for dealing £3,000 after the luck she had. And to see her have a blue in the box was nice.

Profile E-mail  
 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]