Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:25 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:25 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:31 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 23/11 Keran

Warnings: 0
Well I had no idea what to expect in today's show as I rarely look in the spoiler section and I haven't been on the site for the last couple of days to see any hints about the show. The only thing that did make me wonder about today's show was that when I watched it a little while ago on Virgin's Catch-Up service it stated a run time of 38 mins when usually it's only 36/37 mins. Even though it was only an extra minute or so it did make me wonder why it was slightly extended, and just to state an uninteresting fact today's show was on average 1:30 longer than usual. Most shows run for around 35m:30s (which I know due to various DVD recordings i've done), today's was 36m:50s (minus ads).

Though judging from the way the show was going I must say I wasn't expecting much. I think the phrase "it's not how you start, it's how you finish" was made for a game like this. The way Keran had the run of reds followed by that amazing record-breaking 9 blues in a row was extraordinary. To eventually go on and win £75,000 from this game, which in all honestly looked highly unlikely to get anything decent out of it, just made for a great end. I wouldn't have blamed Keran if she had dealt at £5,000 or indeed the £23,500. One of my favourite games of the year.

I did notice about half-way through the game that a spade appeared next to the Pound Table next to the phone, but there was no mention of it in the aired show. :ponder:

wkd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:30 am    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 23/11 Keran

Fantastic win and delighted to see somone seize the moment. The victory was made easier by some feeble offers. 5k at 5 box might have tempted some but the final offer was especially poor with the 5k back up.

Excellent stuff!

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:30 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 23/11 Keran

Amazing game, an instant classic.

Like I suspect many who hadn't been to the spoiler section i saw little hope for Keran after those devastating opening round and was fully expecting her to lose the £75k at any moment.

I don't think i would have blamed her one bit if she'd dealt at 5 box given her luck to date - and the sheer unlikelihood of a 3rd successive all blue round - but i'm glad she had the courage to persevere and that her belief in her box paid off.

It was an epic game and a legendary player. Well done Keran, we salute you, the greatest turn around in DOND history

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:45 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 23/11 Keran

Some games can be summed up in a sentence pretty much. This one however, is not one of them. I still can't believe that happened, even today.

Game of month without a doubt (sorry Constance and whoever plays in the next week) because I don't see another game being this brilliant this month. And heck, thats one of the best games this year and EVER.

I'd read a little bit about Keran doing well in the spoilers thread, which to me usually ruins a game (hence why i thought Tom P's game was better than Betty's). However, this didn't. To see her take those 9 blues out was something special and to have the guts to do so, well I appluad her and I would stood up in appluase had I been there.

A well spent 45mins. If today's game is even half as good as this one, I'll be happy.

dondfan1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:08 pm    Author: dondfan1    Post subject: Re: 23/11 Keran

Thorughly enjoyed Keran's game yesterday. It just proves that even if you have a bad start don't give up. I don't think anybody else will get nine blues in a row. All we need now is for somebody to win £250,000.

Donderrr.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:09 pm    Author: Donderrr.    Post subject: Re: 23/11 Keran

Better than Laura's game.
Absolutely great ... never cheered and screamed at the TV so much

WOO! :P

collydolly

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:54 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: 23/11 Keran

I never want to know any spoilers so I came fresh to this game.

We had been out and I was recording the show but couldn't resist seeing who was playing :roll:

I looked just as Noel was announcing the first break and it just looked as though it was heading for a train wreck!!

Anyway I made a brew and thought I would just watch the end and it was just at the start of the fantastic run of 9 blues.

Well done Keran, a lovely Yorkshire lass, enjoy your trip to Oz :D

cheyenne

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:07 pm    Author: cheyenne    Post subject: Re: 23/11 Keran

I SkyPlus-ed Keran's game, as I do all the DOND games in fact, and it was about halfway through when I thought I'd start fast-forwarding through it as I couldn't see that Keran was going to go away with much money at all. How wrong could I have been??!

What a fantastic turnaround. Well done to Keran, and thanks for giving us Yorkshire lasses a good name in being such a courageous player.

She deserved every penny of the £75K and I hope she enjoys Oz and anything else she does with the money. Ace. Great game.

Woodvale

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:21 am    Author: Woodvale    Post subject: Re: 23/11 Keran

in April 2007 Penny had exactly the same two box configuration £5,000 and £75,000 and was offered £28,000 in a game that was spookily similar to Keren's. She no dealt as well, sadly the gamble did not pay off for her, But well done Keran for turning down such a crap offer.

Last edited by Woodvale on Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thundercat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:18 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: 23/11 Keran

You see many people win £10,000 ish. You see some people win around £30,000. But not many win £75,000

Well played Keran got to be in there in the top 3 this year by miles.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:46 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 23/11 Keran

Here's an interview with Keran taken from the official DOND site. No video interview this time though. :ponder:

Keran produced one of the most memorable games in Deal or No Deal history. So we thought it was only fitting to ask her some questions about her experience.

What were your reasons for coming on Deal or No Deal?
I’ve watched the show from the beginning and always wanted to take part as a contestant and hopefully win some money.

What did you need the money for?
To have a better quality of life and peace of mind, to treat my children and have a long awaited holiday.

Your game didn’t start very well, what was going through your mind?
That eventually I would start hitting the blues. I felt calm and peacefulness came over me and from that moment I enjoyed the game more than ever.

When do you think the turning point was?
When a member of the crew found a feather in the studio and brought it to me. That was a sign from my guardian angel telling me everything would be okay. Also it was 9 blues in a row!!!

You mentioned hitting 9 blues in a row, how did it feel having 3 all blue rounds?
How can you ever explain such a feeling? Blissfully happy, over the moon and ecstatic. As each blue came out it was unbelievable.

What gave you the courage to turn down your last offer of £22,500?
The realisation that the most important thing in life is your health. £5,000 and £75,000 were left on the board. The Banker had offered £5,000 in the previous round, I’d come with nothing and I would have been happy to leave with that amount. Nine blues in a row, I mean with luck like that, I had to go all the way. I did and was rewarded with the £75,000.

How was your relationship with Noel?
Brilliant, I didn’t want the game to end. He helped me to relax and enjoy the game.

How was your relationship with The Banker?
I think we had respect for each other, he admired my courage and we got on well.

What do you plan to do with the £75,000?
Use it wisely; one luxury is to go to Australia, which is my one and only dream.

How will Deal or No Deal change your life?
Enormously! No more worries.

How have you found the DOND experience?
A part of my life I will never forget. A rollercoaster of mixed emotions, plus the chance to meet and make some many new friends. I feel so honored to have been chosen from thousands of applicants. Thank you to all the staff involved with Deal or No Deal for giving me the opportunity to change my life.

http://dealornodeal.co.uk/news/newsstory/?scid=217

[ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]