Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:12 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:12 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

foxxy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:10 pm    Author: foxxy    Post subject: Re: 21/11 Geraint

Warnings: 0
Great game, great character!

He'll be well pleased, he coulddn't get over winning 'thirty--one--thousand--pounds!'

Well done!

collydolly

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:12 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: 21/11 Geraint

Well done Geraint, it was too big a risk for it all to go wrong.

One of the best games for a good while :D

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:13 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 21/11 Geraint

Exactly - it definitely wasn't a No Decision. It was definitely a win!

We're now really starting to finally enjoy some good wins...let's hope the good offers are now here to stay!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

KP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:15 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 21/11 Geraint
International Forums Moderator

Craig wrote:
Ive just realised there seems to have been a lot of high deals recently, Pam, Constance and Pauline dealing £30,000, Andy dealing £50,000, Patricia £27,000 and now Geriant dealing £31,000!

Makes a massive change from the beginning of the year when there was hardly any wins near them amounts!

Strong boards + smart players + sensible offers = big-money Deals. We definitely, definitely got all three of those today!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:16 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 21/11 Geraint

But why call it a win when he could've had £19,000 more? :?

If you want, I'll give it a Moderate win instead ;)

KP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:19 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 21/11 Geraint

Moderate Win does sound about right. It wasn't an OPW (which I think is a necessary condition for an Epic Win, usually - I'd still call Lance's an Epic Win which proves it's not always necessary) but sure as heck wasn't a defeat in any meaningful way. And Geraint knew it.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Lewis246

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:19 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject: Re: 21/11 Geraint

killersbee wrote:

Decision making win, hindsight moderate fail. Box 23 needs to read the board, not the proveout.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:20 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 21/11 Geraint

Lewis246 wrote:
killersbee wrote:

Decision making win, hindsight moderate fail. Box 23 needs to read the board, not the proveout.

Lewis246 EPIC WIN

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:21 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 21/11 Geraint

Lewis246 FTW! ;)

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:24 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 21/11 Geraint

It doesn't matter at all that Geraint missed out on an extra £19,000.

It doesn't matter that the Banker was more concerned about winning the game than Geraint was.

All that matters that a great person won a ton o' money!

Congrats to Geraint, and enjoy £31,000 :D !

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:24 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 21/11 Geraint

Oh, ha-di-ha-di-ha! :P :P :P

At the end of the day, it's was a moderate win done by a great character and one I will be remembering for a while :D

maggieq

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:32 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 21/11 Geraint

:D well played.really enjoyed todays game.at last we have a decent win.Geraint enjoy spending the dosh!

ell

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:05 pm    Author: ell    Post subject: Re: 21/11 Geraint

Loved that game one of my favourites when I was there. Brilliant player, really great guy and THIRTY ONE THOUSAND POUNDS I was delighted to have the 250,000 at the right time. Well done Geraint love ya Ellen xx :-D

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:00 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: 21/11 Geraint

Great game today!

daniel4389

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:19 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject: Re: 21/11 Geraint

Skyline356 wrote:
killersbee wrote:
It was going great until he hit the £100K!

Will we ever get a power five at 8-box game?! :( :( :(

It's a 1 in 1254 chance, you are too demanding! :P

If that's right then we've had more than we should have already as I can think of at least three such games...(Brenda, Stella and Daniel)

Skyline

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:37 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 21/11 Geraint
Forum Games Moderator

KP calculated it...
Wow, since I only started watching dond I don't know all tat you have a good memory :)

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:36 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 21/11 Geraint

Skyline356 wrote:
KP calculated it...
Wow, since I only started watching dond I don't know all tat you have a good memory :)

It's not 1 in 1254. Mister Al worked all the odds out in the days of the Bother's Bar commentaries and at 8 box, there are 319770 possible combinations. If you have the power 5 intact, then there are 680 combinations for the other 3 boxes, so the odds are 680/319770 or 1 in 470.25.

Given today was show 888, we would have expected it to have happened nearly twice.

Great game today. A 5 figure opening offer coupled with the lack of a trainwreck round meant the offers kept respectable and the deal was fine with me.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:44 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 21/11 Geraint

I can't remember if it was me who miscalculated or not but I think it was. Well explained Simon.

The offers after a £11k opener with no bad round could only go one way, although they cranked up slowly enough to keep the game alive for a long time. Good decisions all round, and a bit of a 2006 throwback with the offers to be honest.

chris_deary

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:07 am    Author: chris_deary    Post subject: Re: 21/11 Geraint

I'm so happy for Geraint- I'm gna c him nxt wk for the first time since recording- I miss everyone so much!!!!

MisterAl

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:08 am    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 21/11 Geraint

daniel4389 wrote:
If that's right then we've had more than we should have already as I can think of at least three such games...(Brenda, Stella and Daniel)

As StatsMan said, the correct odds are 1 in 470.25. But it's still happened more times than we might have expected -- particularly since you also missed Colleen off your list.

[ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]