Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:13 pm Last visit was: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:13 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

matthew17

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:51 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Adam

Warnings: 0
lol @ the flood in the beginning :D

entertaining show today, but not a very lucky game unfortunately :( bad luck adam.

also, that last bit was evil. :evil:

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:51 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Adam

What a terrible game for Adam and for us

I'm afraid this one should go to the incinerator food, where it will be dry and crispy :P ;)

maggieq

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:52 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Adam

:smt009 this game was a damp squib.if there hadnt been a flood it would have been a very limp game.sorry Adam we didnt get to find out very much about you.not a great finish.

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:58 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Adam

Off topic slightly: Was Adam gay? I don't mind if he is but just wondered?

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:53 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Adam

Amusing little game today in terms of entertainment and I loved it when Adam made the Mr. Blobby reference, Noel's face was a picture :lol:

Shame about the result though, the luck just wasn't with Adam but the in-game entertainment made up for that disappointment

That studio looked an absolute mess during the flooding and credit to the people who had the cleanup job and making the set look immaculate again for Adam's 2nd attempt at his game

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

Last edited by richie4eva1 on Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:34 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Adam

I'm surprised that nothing was broadcast in the show about the similarity between Friday's board and today's at 8 box (perhaps if there hadn't been a flood-related filming break) it would have been mentioned.

jamesfish

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:20 pm    Author: jamesfish    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Adam

I thought, he might have the 250k in his box until Jenny revealed it, because I thought there was a lot of time to fill up. Then I only thought it was in his original box. Well done on £250.50 anyway Adam.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:28 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Adam

We've seen plenty of floods in the past, but usually that's from the contestants. This time the place was quite literally flooded out. Having heard about this game ages ago it's a game i've been wanting to see for a while, mainly because I wanted to see this flood that happened all them months ago. Whilst it was interesting to see it's a shame they didn't feature a bit more on it. Perhaps Endemol have an extended version they could upload to YouTube themself?. Though it depends on how long they kept filming when they realised they had to cancel the game.

The game itself wasn't spectacular and neither was the result, but it was a fun show overall and the consequences from the flood resulted in some funny exchanges. I did like that Mr Blobby moment as it was a rather random thing to say at the time and when Noel went dashing round the audience with rain hats and macs for the camera crew :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Tom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:28 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Adam

Am I the only one who really enjoyed that game?

I knew about the flood, but I had always wondered how they would show it. And it was good to actually see it.

Plus, there was some decent bits of entertainment, the Noel/Anne Robinson bit, Mr Blobby thoughts and some general decent banter.

Yes, it's a shame that the result was just over £250. And it was interesting to see what he originally had. I for one would have wanted to know..

Profile E-mail  

greeny

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:12 am    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Adam

There was quite an odd atmosphere to that game, probably because of what we saw of the flooding and then the trainwreck unfold, and at the end, seeing his original box with a ruined lid (albeit the 50p label seemed fine). I dread to think what the other boxes looked like if that was one of the least damaged boxes.

Profile E-mail  

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:50 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Adam

Well that was different, I too would have liked to have seem more of Adam;s aborted game but i suspect to do that they wouldhave had to extend the running time. Incidently though i wonder how things would have played out if that storm had come on after the game had actually gotten underway?

So a bit of a disaster game wise but not a bad show. Noel's never going to shake off Mr Blobby is he?

cheyenne

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:06 pm    Author: cheyenne    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Adam

I thought Adam had quite a dry sense of humour and I quite enjoyed his game, although he was very unlucky to have had such a dreadful opening round, and dire finish. I wouldn't have dealt on less than £10K whilst the £250K was still in play, so really he had little choice but to go on.

Disappointed with the footage of the flood incident, I'd been looking forward to hearing the pilgrims scream(!). :twisted:

Profile E-mail  

garylq

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:01 pm    Author: garylq    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Adam

I agree about Adam having a dry sense of humour, the Blobby moment was hilarious, I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't get edited out. As for the game its was a shame though because Adam just didn't get the boxes or the offers to make for a good one.

The flood footage would have been so much better if there was film of the actual moment the roof collapsed, rather than just before and just after, mid-game would have been even better. I assume the cameras had just stopped rolling when the water came in. As I understand it the scream was from the contestants, not the pilgrims, with the collapse being just above the west wing. Over the next few shows I expect we will hear a few more comments about their flood experience from the remaining contestants.

It was just my luck to get my first ever front row seat at DOND on the day that silly hats got handed out!

MisterAl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:41 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Adam

garylq wrote:
It was just my luck to get my first ever front row seat at DOND on the day that silly hats got handed out!

Shame they didn't leave in the footage of the pilgrim who'd forgotten to switch off his mobile phone, eh...?

Profile E-mail  

garylq

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:29 am    Author: garylq    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Adam

To the contrary, I think it was a good decision to leave that bit out! :lol:

[ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]