Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:21 pm Last visit was: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:21 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:15 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 12/11 Terry

Warnings: 0
So would I...a good win, but so much more could have been won.

I was overall quite satisfied with the game, as normally emotional players don't get very generous offers...and Terry's offers were largely brilliant! The £22,000 offer reminded me of Steff's game just over a year ago...as well as also being very emotional and tissues everywhere, she was offered £25,000 on a very similar board and was also tempted to go on but dealt...but Terry didn't get the OPW like she did. :|

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:19 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 12/11 Terry

I remember that game, don't you just wish you could back to the 2007 era where we were getting big, big wins? :smt009

StuartPlymouth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:38 pm    Author: StuartPlymouth    Post subject: Re: 12/11 Terry

I loved the ending....him following Noel for the sign-off was great! Well done Terry! :smt023

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:09 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 12/11 Terry

I enjoyed that apart from the end. It always happens that when the banker guarantess a future inflated offer they deal and miss out on it, or go on to try to get it and end up crashing. :(

Does anyone think he messed up the system? Surely the last box left on the wings should have either been Lee or Rita as they are sixth along either wing? And as Terry was from the west wing, his last box should have left on the east wing as there was an extra box on that wing? :?

If Goerdie had done a system like that, he'd have probably been quids in becuase he seemed to hit all the big numbers in clusters in the middle of the wings (W1 to W3 were all-blue in his game, so were E8-E11) - have to simulate his game based on Terry's system! :)

Still 22k is an excellent amount and way above the average season 4 winnings, and I don't blame him for thinking it was just too much to risk losing, and I did find him amusing, and if he did get emotional it wasn't any sort of sob-story!!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:34 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 12/11 Terry
International Forums Moderator

The Geordie pattern, from the far end of the West Wing to the far end of the East:

£1 - 1p - 50p - £250k - £35k - £75k - £10 - £20k - £50k - £250 - £3k | game board | £10k - 10p - £50 - £1k - £5k - £100k - £15k - £5 - £500 - £750 - £100

(Geordie was in E2 yes? I should know this!!)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:44 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 12/11 Terry

Yes he was in E2, so I'll work it out, starting from W1 like Terry did:

R1:

£1 (W1)
£3,000 (W11)
£10,000 (E1)
£100 (E11)
£750 (E10)

R2:

(He should pick E2 here, so skip it)
£250 (W10)
1p (W2)
50p (W3)

R3:

£50,000 (first big hit) (W9)
£50 (E3)
£500 (E10)

(only 3 blues left!)

R4:

£5 (E8)
£1,000 (E4)
£20,000 (W8)

R5:

£250,000 (W4)
£10 (W7)
£5,000 (E5)

R6:

£15,000 ((E7)
£100,000 (E6)
£35,000 (W5)

(I believe Aileen with 75k in W6 should have been last box on the wings!!)

8-bx and 5-box would have been really big offers, and 2-box a good get out, if the banker had been anything fair, and there was indications at 8-box that he would have been!!!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:02 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 12/11 Terry

Another good game today and the 5 figure second offer set the standard for some decent offers. Can't blame him for dealing today, especially if he couldn't afford to gamble.

ffacoffipawb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:29 pm    Author: ffacoffipawb    Post subject: Re: 12/11 Terry

Big-Davey wrote:
Both Noel and Tony say goodbye to us! :D

Tony ?

Did you mean Terry ?

Profile E-mail  

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:36 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 12/11 Terry

At least the mountain of tissues featured in today's game weren't needed for any end game tears. Despite Terry missing out on £80,000 (well £58,000 technically) he didn't seem at all bothered. So the £22,000 was a good deal for Terry.

Terry did seem to contemplate playing on and did get Noel to re-explain the the Banker's prediction. It's a shame he didn't as it'd be nice to see someone play on after one of the Banker's Predictions and for it to actually work out.

So a decent show, Terry was likeable and at least he got a decent sum of money out of the game. Even if it wasn't the largest.

Profile E-mail  

StatsMan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:39 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 12/11 Terry

Quite a good game today. Terry was a likeable contestant, and the banker showed him some respect with fairly decent offers. Not to the heights of January 2007 admittedly, but still some tricky decisions to face, at least from Terry's perspective.

With the guarantee of £80k for a blue/ £250k finish, I think I would've carried on, but a deal was justifiable there, especially with the 30% chance of disaster. It was pretty much bang on the FD value as well, so no complaints really, and at least he didn't have the biggie in his box, so overall not too bad a result.

Profile E-mail  

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:59 am    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject: Re: 12/11 Terry

I missed the first part of this game, but I'm quite glad as it seems to have involved a lot of crying! I was so confused when the second part started and there were tissues all over the place. From what I saw, it was a pretty good game, despite the fact he could have got loads more money.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:34 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 12/11 Terry

Good game, Terry was a good bloke and his family obviously mean a lot to him.

Can't fault him for dealing when he did even if it didn't pan out perfectly, at that stage there was a 60% chance he was sitting on a blue and indeed he was. Did get a bit confused by his system - he seemed to go clockwise then anti-clockwise for no obvious reason - and as has already been mentioned LeeAnne shouldn't have been last player standing if he'd followed the rotation correctly.

Interesting co-incidence though, second day in a row the same person left till the end and again they have the red while the player is sitting on a blue. Am i the only one who loves those minor co-incidences?

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:46 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 12/11 Terry

I actually picked up the fact that he missed Leeanne quite quickly, and the fact that she had the £250,000 made this slip-up a bit interesting. Perhaps there was a reason but we just didnt hear it?

I liked that game, yes he could have had £80,000 but the £22k was not that bad an offer on that board. He was a nice bloke as well.

Profile E-mail  

cheyenne

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:32 pm    Author: cheyenne    Post subject: Re: 12/11 Terry

Terry seemed like the perfect grandad, bless 'im and hahahaha to Noel for providing all those tissues. He did well getting £22K. I wish he could have had a tad more courage and gone one more, to get the £80K, but he seemed content to win £11K for each of his grandkids. Well done to Terry. :smt023

Profile E-mail  
 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]