Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:52 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:52 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

taff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:41 pm    Author: taff    Post subject: Re: 11/11 Gaynor

Warnings: 0
Well played Gaynor, and some fantastic emoticons on the posts from travis P and Skyline356!

rico7

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:44 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 11/11 Gaynor

You almost couldn't get more of a contrast in the way that £3,000 was won by
the last two contestants, especially with Gaynor faced with having to deliver 6 blues in a row to win the 3K. The swap so nearly didn't happen as well! A classic turnaround game. :D

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:20 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 11/11 Gaynor

Considering how the game started and Noel's comparison to it being the opposite of yesterday's game it was ironic Gaynor also won £3,000, but in a different manner.

Not the most exciting games, however the £3,000 win today provided a feel-good ending compared to yesterday's £3,000 win that provided a :? end.

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:50 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 11/11 Gaynor

travis P wrote:
I look at how the game is decided the same way as they do it.

He/She spanked The Banker
He/She beats The Banker
The Banker beats the player

But what if there's a game that could be between two of the outcomes? :suspect:

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:04 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 11/11 Gaynor

Wow, what a comeback! Congrats to Gaynor on winning £3,000.

I guess the swap does work sometimes.

As for Box 23, since I don't want any problems or arguments, I'm not bringing it out today. Plus, most people are getting tired of it anyway, so it's on hiatus until I find a game where I can use it properly again. Until then, we'll classify this game as a Win, since that's essentially what it was.

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:06 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: 11/11 Gaynor

What a great game!! Very good turn around!

KP

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:49 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 11/11 Gaynor
International Forums Moderator

That feels so much better than the last £3k win and was certainly much more deserved, although the £1,017 offer was quite dealable - at that point though I suspect she felt that if she won a blue it just wasn't her day, not surprising with a board like that.

In January 2007 she'd probably have got five-figure offers in the first half with the £250k and £35k still there, even exposed - wonder if she'd have taken any of them?

Also, where does that rank in a list of lowest OPWs ever?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:36 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject: Re: 11/11 Gaynor

We talked about this the other day when Andrea I think also got a £3k OPW; below these there was Phyl who won £2,000.51 (I think...) and Tina who won £2,100...I think that's it?

StatsMan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:04 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 11/11 Gaynor

Amazing to think a game can recover quite dramatically and still produce only a £3,000 win! Completely the opposite to yesterday's game, yet exactly the same result - I guess that's what makes the show so compelling. Loved Noel turning the camera upside down to illustrate the contrast between the games, although he was getting a bit carried away there!

I think Gaynor would have been as bold if the offers were better, it's a shame her game never really took off so we could see how she really would have played a strong board, but at least she avoided what seemed to be an inevitable blue win from the board she had. Classic turnaround, and it's the beauty of DOND that we can have vastly different reactions to identical wins. If David's was the worst £3k win, Gaynor's was surely the best!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:15 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 11/11 Gaynor
International Forums Moderator

Yes, you do wonder how she'd have played a strong board... that's another thing with DoND, though, even after the game you can always think 'what if' at home!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Brick

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:43 am    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 11/11 Gaynor

Sounds like a good game today! Could well be the lowest OPW from opening the box perhaps?

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:44 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 11/11 Gaynor

That's gotta be the lowest-ever OPW box win rather than from a deal though, there have definitely been 5k OPWs vefore, but not 3k!!

Amazing how feel-good that ending was actually. Good to see a determined player too, I knew she wasn't going to go cheaply, and after the 250k had gone, I thought the offers were still respectable for the poor board she had - £1,717 with only 35k and 3k and the rest blues would have been about what I expected at 5-box rather than 8-box. Good to see the banker playing fair too rather than offering pence like he did with Nikki!!

I don't think she was a complete Wakeyist though but she gave the impression she wasn't just going to go at 20k no matter how good the board was, it would have taken a better offer than most to remove her I think.

Just goes to show any game is rescuable until there are only blues left! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Brick

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:47 am    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 11/11 Gaynor

Great minds think alike eh James ;)

cheyenne

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:01 pm    Author: cheyenne    Post subject: Re: 11/11 Gaynor

I liked Gaynor, she was an honest, straightforward person. Well done to her for going with her intuition about box 17. I wouldn't, personally, swap my box if it were my game, but I think if you do have a strong belief about a certain number on the day, then you should go with the flow.

I wouldn't have a "system" of playing, I'd just go for random choice, that way, I believe, you give chance a chance. :-D

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:31 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 11/11 Gaynor

That was an exciting and rewarding game to watch. And as many have noted the complete opposite to David's game yet with the same result.
Hadn't actually realised until i read the thread back that it was an OPW, that makes the result even more satisfying :smt023

The really interesting part is that Gaynor herself didn't even realise the significance of Box 17 until it was pointed out to her, It was a wierd co-incidence that both times she went to LeeAnne there was a breaK after which she changed her mind (Go on, someone shout fix ;) ). Once she played till the end though and still hadn't gone back there the swap was all but inevitable.

Moxx's law of the swap is don't go for it unless the number is highly significant to you, and in Gaynor's case on some subconcious level it clearly was important so i wanted her to take it. Very pleased with that result.

And on a slightly more shallow side bar can i be the first to acknowledge that Gaynor's daughter is very, very pretty :D

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:43 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 11/11 Gaynor

Two games, both with £3,000 won. Yet this game was far better than Monday's by a long shot.

Courage and a clear head when the board was very bad made Gaynor £3,000 richer. And I applaud her for it. She was a lovely lady.

garylq

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:33 pm    Author: garylq    Post subject: Re: 11/11 Gaynor

An entertaining game played by a likeable contestant.

Very nice bum too!

:oops:

cheyenne

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm    Author: cheyenne    Post subject: Re: 11/11 Gaynor

:shock: to garylq's comment

Just because Gaynor's now a member of the Board eh! ;)

[ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]