Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:12 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:12 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:15 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 10/11 David

Warnings: 0
I admit i found it hard to warm to David on the wings,in fact at times i found him extremely irritating but having heard what he's been though in life i can sympathise with him as a person and of course no-one deserves to be bullied.

Game wise that was uncannily similar to Jen's game on Sunday, an incredibly strong board at the half way stage that unexpectedly collapsed. I don't think anyone would have dealt at 11 box, and if they had done they'd probably have been lynched for it here, I can see how two bad rounds in succession might have crushed David's spirits and led him to bail out but it was not the wisest of decisions, in fact he really should have followed Jen's example and gone for broke.

Still £3000 will pay for a lot of driving lessns - and a test - so not to be sneezed at.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:17 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject: Re: 10/11 David

I have to agree that turning down that Banker's Gamble was probably the worst decision anyone's ever made on DOND. And he waited 15 years to make it... :?

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:17 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: 10/11 David

I would like to say sorry if I have hurt anyone on here from what I said. I should have thought before I had posted it. I just thougth it was such a dreadful deal and turning down the bankers gamble was even worse.

I really hope everyone understands.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:29 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 10/11 David
International Forums Moderator

They say in football, play the ball not the man.

David definitely didn't deserve to be taken out like this, he's faced quite enough of it already in life. What he did do was fail to protect the ball. OK, this analogy is creaking under the weight of its own silliness, but you get my drift.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:40 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 10/11 David

While I can sympathise with him about the bullying (no-one ever deserves to be treated like that), he made a very bad decision. Extreme caution that led to a £32,000 squander.

I hope the money has helped him, but he should have had the courage to go on...

garylq

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:54 pm    Author: garylq    Post subject: Re: 10/11 David

Okay, I agree, it was a bizarre decision to turn down the bankers gamble, but fair play to David for overcoming all his problems in life and making it onto a gameshow shown on national TV, something that many here have tried to do and failed. Calling him an idiot is going a bit too far and is even verging on continuing the bullying, so don't be too harsh on the guy, after all it was his game to play as he saw fit.

During the recording of Malcs game, David, who was the newbie that day, got rather humiliatingly spa_nked by Malc for having a big red in his box. Initially I was dissappointed that it got edited out and re-recorded, thinking it would make a nice change to have someone else other than The Banker getting a spa_nking for once, but after hearing about David's bullying I now fully understand why, it wouldn't have been a very appropriate debut!

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:24 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 10/11 David

Just realised this show was filmed the day that Crap Deal Richard's game was transmitted........and I was making comprisons to Richard earlier in the thread! :shock:

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

[ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]