Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:45 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:45 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:40 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Jen
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Noel opens box 8 and reveals £5,000 :D

Box 9 with Sam contains the £1,000

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:40 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Jen

It's a combination of both - we never got to see a brave side to her as her game never really kicked off, but at least she didn't go home with a blue!

Good game...hopefully it'll be built on tomorrow!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:42 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Jen

Well at least she got £5,000 :)

But poor Jen she didn't deserve that crash, all the more reason why people should NEVER deal with the biggie still in play :smt009 :smt011

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:43 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Jen

Forgot to say, Box 23 should say Moderate win

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:48 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Jen

I liked Jen, she seemed to have a knowledge about her about the history of the show, and she knew how poor the offers were, especially the 2k at 8-box, and the final offer (£850 to lose or £3,150 to gain with 1k guaranteed?), so I'm really pleased she got a nice sum out of it in the end and she seemed really happy with what she got, unlike some people (Martin)!! A nice happy show to end the week, more like this please!!

And she was very attractive, especially when she danced around having found a blue. ;-)

And the dancing moment with Terry was hilarious!

Well done, enjoy the 5k! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:53 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Jen

My shallow side kicked in too! :lol: Seriously, Jen seemed the type who was there to play the game, not the money. And it's that kind of person who will win the mega money as soon as the boxes finally decide to go right!

It's good to start finding the newbies rather familiar too...

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

tr4962

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:54 pm    Author: tr4962    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Jen

NoelsFan wrote:
I sware Andrea from Tuesday and the 2 woman who opened the 1st 2 boxes are triplets! Do you all know who I mean? Do you agree? :-D

I would have said they were quadruplets along with Janice battersby from coronation street.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:54 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Jen

When the banker makes 6 derisory offers, then the player has no choice but to no-deal 6 times and probably deserves to have the higher amount in their box.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:57 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Jen

Interesting game. Reminds me of Wendy's game a bit, as she too experienced a huge crash, and ended up going away with the same amount as Jen did. But hey, five grand isn't that bad of a win. Congrats to Jen, and enjoy the money.

Box 23 says...

...nothing, since I don't find it necessary to bring it out today.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:18 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Jen

Jen was nice and the show itself was fun and upbeat. The game itself never really got anywhere, but at least Jen was rewarded with £5,000 at the end.

Oh and Noel for Strictly Come Dancing next year :lol:

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:20 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Jen

i really liked jen and lets hope some of her words that she said rubs off onto the other contestants for example.
i have no money goals and i wanted to play it how it should be, its fun!
words of wisdom,
pity jen didnt have andys game board, she deserved more than she got.
well done jen. enjoy the 5k,

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:11 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Jen
Administrator & Global Moderator

Yes it was a good game! It was good to see her get £5,000 out of it... Noel seemed quite crazy with all his impressions of her though. Some of the offers were shockingly awful though, and I was stunned to see her considering some of them, especially the £1,850 at the end!! £1,850 would've been a reasonable offer on £1k vs £3k, but £1k vs £5k deserved an offer nearer the £3k mark.

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:13 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Jen

h2005 wrote:
Yes it was a good game! It was good to see her get £5,000 out of it... Noel seemed quite crazy with all his impressions of her though. Some of the offers were shockingly awful though, and I was stunned to see her considering some of them, especially the £1,850 at the end!! £1,850 would've been a reasonable offer on £1k vs £3k, but £1k vs £5k deserved an offer nearer the £3k mark.

i totally agree about the offers. the bankers offers recently are shocking soo poor. lets hope they get better soon.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:21 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Jen
International Forums Moderator

One of those games where the biggest decision all game is swap or no swap at the end. And we don't even know if that was offered.

Luckily it worked out for her in the end, but I really wish we'd seen tough decisions for someone who apparently could've been the next Ned...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:31 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Jen

KP wrote:
One of those games where the biggest decision all game is swap or no swap at the end. And we don't even know if that was offered.

The swap was offered at the end wasn't it?

KP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:31 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Jen

Oh so it was. Missed that in the recap.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:33 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Jen

I wouldn't have been surprised if they had decided to leave it out of the final edit, as they sometimes don't bother when the values are so close in value.

What was the point of the £2k at 8-box? Jen clearly knew about the show and the game, so why not make a more testing offer? :?

KP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:36 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Jen

The point was to associate 'knowing what they're doing' with Wakeyism... probably...

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:12 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Jen

That was a great game, even if the win was modest. Noel seemed to be really up for today's game, with all his impressions and skipping around and general enthusiasm, despite the game being distinctly average. At least the finish was altogether feel-good.

I liked hearing about the spreadsheets Jen had compiled for the show, much like several members on here probably have done (including myself). I don't tend to keep track of who had the £250k from day-to-day on the wings, because, as Noel says, it's all about luck at the end of the day, but a record of the main details of each game is useful (well... for the purposes of this site anyway!) to refer back to. I did track the offers at one stage, but now they're all joke offers, I don't tend to bother :P

Anyway, well done to Jen on becoming the 16th player to go to the end and open a £5,000 box without swapping (Janelle, Tim, Sue, Khanny, Matt and Lisa swapped for £5,000 - boy, there's some memorable games there!)

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

KP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:25 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Jen

Oh goodness yes... Janelle with the game nobody watched live, Tim the Wakeyvangelist, Khanny with what was nearly the biggest crash to a blue in history (and a more self-inflicted one than the two Power 5-to-blue crashes we've since seen!), Matt who well and truly got sucked in by the board and the early offers...

[ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]