Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:28 am Last visit was: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:28 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Fantasia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:34 pm    Author: Fantasia    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11

Warnings: 0
Also, too many people play on the sympathy vote and it gets a bit wearing ... did you hear Claude moaning about his lot or Charlie who lives with a serious illness?

wkd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:51 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11

A depressing indictement of modern Britain that people have to come on game shows to fund necessary medical treatment for their children.

In game play terms a fairly poor deal it must be said. Five or six grand would have been more reasonable on that board.

Fantasia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:52 pm    Author: Fantasia    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11

And you really believe that? The reality is that when it comes to children we have the best care possible (not always the same for adults). I have known children with ADHD, psychological problems, cancer and quite frankly the treatment was world class.
It's a sad reality that too many parents would rather fund a holiday to top up their tan than use the money wisely.

meganwonderdog

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:16 pm    Author: meganwonderdog    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11

Fantasia wrote:
And you really believe that? The reality is that when it comes to children we have the best care possible (not always the same for adults). I have known children with ADHD, psychological problems, cancer and quite frankly the treatment was world class.
It's a sad reality that too many parents would rather fund a holiday to top up their tan than use the money wisely.

Do you have many friends Fantasia? :smt019

Profile E-mail  

Fantasia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:55 pm    Author: Fantasia    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11

And that is relevant to the discussion in what way? Because I disagree with your comments, how very sad.

hairyfool

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:56 pm    Author: hairyfool    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11

Prior to recording yesterdays show, Andrea had just returned from 2 weeks in Tenerife, hence the tan that everyone has commented upon. I wonder how many extra treatments for her sons illness that would have paid for?

Profile E-mail  

Fantasia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:02 pm    Author: Fantasia    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11

Exactly my point hairy fool. Don't get me wrong I have sympathy for her but in life you have to help yourself and I think Claude was a very good example of that, you didn't hear him bleating on about how difficult his life had been, he just got on with it. Pauline lived on benefits, did you hear her whinge. Charlie lives with a life threatening illness, did you hear him whinge?
Perhaps I would have felt differently if she hadn't just had two weeks in Tenerife and had spent the money instead on her son's treatment.

wkd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:23 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11

Fantasia wrote:

What I believe is neither here nor there, Andrea obviously thought it necessary to fund her son's treatment by appearing on a game show. Personally I find that quite depressing.

Craig

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:32 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11

This is getting really pathetic now, you don't know anything about how the holiday came about, maybe she was invited by a friend to come, maybe she won it in a competition, or maybe she took her whole family with her so they could all go on a family holiday, anything wrong with a family holiday?

Shes obviously had a hard time in the past and was hoping to get a bit of money to be able to get a few more treatments for her son and to make her life a bit easier but it wasnt working out hence she got so upset!

She didnt go on a gameshow, tell everybody about her sons problems just so she could get slated at. She played the game and got a bit emotional!

Profile E-mail  

Fantasia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:39 pm    Author: Fantasia    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11

I take your point Craig, but I guess it's like marmite ... you either loved it or hated it

wkd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:05 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11

I'm just more comfortable if people are playing in order to fund something extra in life (such as a holiday to Tenerife!) rather than trying to fund medical treatment, keep the bailiffs at bay or avoid eviction from their home. The desperation in these games just makes for painful television. I don't want to be a voyeur as people's lives fall apart. IMHO

meganwonderdog

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:54 pm    Author: meganwonderdog    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11

Craig wrote:
This is getting really pathetic now, you don't know anything about how the holiday came about, maybe she was invited by a friend to come, maybe she won it in a competition, or maybe she took her whole family with her so they could all go on a family holiday, anything wrong with a family holiday?

Shes obviously had a hard time in the past and was hoping to get a bit of money to be able to get a few more treatments for her son and to make her life a bit easier but it wasnt working out hence she got so upset!

She didnt go on a gameshow, tell everybody about her sons problems just so she could get slated at. She played the game and got a bit emotional!

I absolutely agree with you Craig - well said.

and Fantasia you answered your own question; 'Exactly what does it have do with the game?'
'Exactly what does slaiting a person about their intentions and reasons for being on the show have to do with us?'
The game is there to be discussed not the contestants' personal/private lives.

And by the way some people do not mention their hardships for the sympathy vote the information usually transpires through a general question.

Profile E-mail  

daniel4389

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:35 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11

meganwonderdog wrote:

Well if that's the case then surely the contestants' private lives shouldn't be brought into the show? If they're going to be talked about at such length as Andrea's was yesterday then I think it's obvious that people are going to want to discuss them afterwards...

Profile E-mail  

tr4962

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:36 pm    Author: tr4962    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11

Fantasia wrote:
There is a lot of treatment available on the NHS for ADHD so can't understand her having to pay for it, and if her family meant that much to her why didn't she use her holiday money to pay for his treatment?
If I had to weigh up foreign holiday against treatment for my son I know which one I would choose.

This was precisely what i was thinking, at first it made me believe that the andrea on this forum was an impostor but i'm not sure, and i don't see how just the one holiday would make you that tanned.

meganwonderdog

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:05 am    Author: meganwonderdog    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11

daniel4389 wrote:
meganwonderdog wrote:

Well if that's the case then surely the contestants' private lives shouldn't be brought into the show? If they're going to be talked about at such length as Andrea's was yesterday then I think it's obvious that people are going to want to discuss them afterwards...

Of course the shows do have a lot to do with the producers and what they think makes good television! There are many things said that end up on the cutting room floor

Profile E-mail  

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:57 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11

That was a really emotional game and I felt myself really feeling for Andrea when the game appeared to go wrong. So to see her make the right decision was great!

Well done Andrea, I hope the money has helped you and your family.

Profile E-mail  
 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]