Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:33 am Last visit was: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:33 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Craig

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:59 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11

Warnings: 0
It was a really emotional game but i was very happy to see Andrea go away with £3,300, thats a lot of money and you can see that it meant a lot to her so im happy she got a good result and not a blue win!

Hope everything goes well for you Andrea!

Profile E-mail  

greeny

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:07 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11

I enjoyed that game, having just seen it on the Free Catch Up service, very emotional. She didn't really ever have any luck so I thought taking the £3,000 was fair enough.

Profile E-mail  

collydolly

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:13 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11

Oh Andrea, we really wanted you to have more money. I hope the money you won has helped Jake and that your life has been made much easier.

You look much too young to have a son of 17 :D

I hope you are keeping up to your tan :D

KP

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:32 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11
International Forums Moderator

She had a goal in mind, and it would have been painful indeed not to get it given how low it was. (To the point that she'd have got it anyway, no doubt...)

Still, she did it legitimately and it's by no means the worst deal of its kind.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:44 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11

A very hard game to get anything half decent out of, and yet again it's only fair to see caution rewarded by another would-be crash! :)

Here's hoping the £3,300 really went the distance - from another lad who's had to grow up also with a disability! :D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Last edited by Big-Davey on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Big D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:07 pm    Author: Big D    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11

Feliciter wrote:
russboys747 wrote:
STOP CRYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S A GAME SHOW!!!!! :roll:

IT'S ONLY A PUPPET!

:smt046

Big D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:12 pm    Author: Big D    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11

Didn't see it today, but reading this I'm glad. All that "He should try living my life" stuff sounds pathetic and self-pitying, but not having seen it first-hand I'll stop short of actually calling it that. And Banker hand-outs should be stopped immediately, if for no other reason than out of respect to everyone else who ever won a blue without whingeing about it.

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:12 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11

Two things I'm really relieved about - that this game didn't come before the multiple bannings, it would have been warfare, especially since Andrea posts on here, and fortuntaely for me as well as I reckon I'd have lost my temper with some members.....

The other thing is I was SO relieved she walked away with enough to get her son a long way - so often games like that are a complete disaster, but even after her deal I was still worried about the 35k, luckily all the tension went when she found it first box! The extra bonus of £300 wasn't over the top either unlike games like Brian's where the handout was ALL the winnnings......I did find it odd why he just didn;t offer her £3,300 but I guess they wanted to do it that way for extra drama!

And the offer taken was, at least, fair for the board I felt, even though I personally would have gambled (and lost!!) :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Rockjack

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:53 pm    Author: Rockjack    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11

Ah im glad she got some money, but one thing, she should stop the sunbeds, save the cash spend it on her son and it be better for both their healths..

Nice lady tho and glad she didnt get a blue.

maggieq

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:59 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11

:) well done Andrea there was never any big offers in your game but at least you got something to help your son.
:smt023 good luck for the future.enjoy the dosh.

andreacontestant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:07 pm    Author: andreacontestant    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11

Thanks to all for the nice wishes.
I want to say that I dont actually use sunbeds very often (im very pale at the minute!!) Id just come back from holiday a few days before going on dond :laughing

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:27 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11

I can't begin to imagine the emotional rollercoaster Andrea went on during today's show. I think she made the right decision for her today if £3,000 meant as much as it obviously did to her.

One of the more unusual OPW's we've had for a while but a banker spanking nonetheless.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:57 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11

Congrats Andrea on 3k! I probably would've played on and burned... so nice to see a deal work out!

collydolly

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:26 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11

h2005 wrote:
9 - Tolleck - £75,000

I think I just saw the woman who's always in the audience there again... Caroline is her name I think :ponder:

5 - Leeanne - £100,000 :shock:

Noel says "Oh my word" and says how unlucky this is.

6 - Betty - £15,000

Banker time

Yes you were right H it was Caroline Satchwell, they showed John just before her too. She said they had just missed the Halloween week shows when I saw her last month.

She will probably be on tomorrow's show too.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:04 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11

Very emotionally charged edition today. Whilst I sympathise with Andrea's situation, at the same time I can't help thinking that perhaps if she needed the money that desperately that going on Deal or No Deal, a notorious show of fluctuating gambles and mixed fortunes, may not have been her best option :ponder:

She seemed to be surprised when it was going wrong, as if she hadn't accounted or prepared for such an occurence, when unfortunately that's the nature of the game sometimes. Bringing emotion into a game rarely helps (see Donna). She also basically told the banker her leaving fee, and the banker duly obliged. However, she did achieve a £3,000 OPW, and at least she can make a difference with that money.

Profile E-mail  

daniel4389

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:13 am    Author: daniel4389    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11

Wow I didn't realise it was an OPW - forgot the first offer was a Swap and assumed it must have been higher! Is that the second lowest ever? (I believe the lowest was Tina who dealt for £2,150 or something like that...oh no actually there was some old lady who dealt for £2,000.50 or something wasn't there? Maybe Andrea's is only the third lowest then.

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:48 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11

Yep, it was Phyl in March who won £2,050.01 was the exact winnings I think. Didn't exactly realise Andrea's game was an OPW, becuase the first offer swap threw me - if it had been money it probably would have been more than 3k. At least this way she can have no regrets about hopw she played (except possibly she had the chance to swap her £5 for something better at the start but there was no way she would have done that with the number at the table maning something to her!) :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:09 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11

That was not the game i expected. From her time on the wings i think i think i imagined Andrea to be more shallow and materialistic, but she really was nothing like that at all.

What came across was how much her family mean to her, and how important a difference the money would make. I could see how much the game meant to her and because of that i was rooting for her.

Once again though it was a case of unremitting bad luck, from the end of the second round the game just fell apart and it was awful to watch her dream dying before her eyes, Still she got out at the peak of the game and that's what matters. I have no problem with the Banker's 'RAoK' either, in fact I was half expecting him to phone back and offer her a bike.

Well done Andrea, i hope the money has been a great help to you and your kids.

meganwonderdog

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:48 am    Author: meganwonderdog    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11

Andrea deserved more - she worked hard being the 'mummy' of the group from her arrival on the show. She was supportive and caring and its a shame that some critics cannot award her the same, she had bad luck guys!

Best of luck Andrea I hope your life becomes a little easier.

Profile E-mail  

Fantasia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:32 pm    Author: Fantasia    Post subject: Re: Andrea 04/11

There is a lot of treatment available on the NHS for ADHD so can't understand her having to pay for it, and if her family meant that much to her why didn't she use her holiday money to pay for his treatment?
If I had to weigh up foreign holiday against treatment for my son I know which one I would choose.

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]