Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue May 24, 2022 10:58 am Last visit was: Tue May 24, 2022 10:58 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

rico7

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:05 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 03/11 Mathew

Warnings: 0
Well played. I think I might have gone on and dealt for 4p!

Big D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:31 pm    Author: Big D    Post subject: Re: 03/11 Mathew

That was great fun, just a shame he didn't win a bit more. And the feelgood factor continued on Goldenballs - how cute was that ending? :smt047

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:15 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Mathew 03/11
Administrator & Global Moderator

Mathew (not "Matthew" as I first thought it was) seemed to be all over the place during his game!! I lost track of it halfway through due to him getting the numbers / people wrong; and the little talk with Constance about what she'd want to win was a bit of a distraction too. :lol:

The game started off very well as he took out just 5 blues and £1k in the first 6 boxes, but by 5-box things weren't looking great as it was 3 blues to 2 reds. I felt the £4,000 offer should've been nearer £8k - £10k, and the fact he dealt it meant it was rather a weak deal. Luckily he got away with it though as he destroyed his board after dealing and only had 1p in his box.

Also it's fairly strange to think that the two shows either side of the Halloween specials - Lee on 26/10 and Mathew today - both had a similar 5-box board, same offer, same deal and same outcome. Lee had 3 blues, £15k & £75k at 5-box, was offered £4,000, dealt and had an all-blue finish; Mathew had 3 blues, £10k & £75k at 5-box, was offered £4,000, dealt and had an all-blue finish. :shock:

A fairly mediocre game for the first normal show in over a week, but at least it wasn't a blue win.

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:08 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Mathew 03/11

Enjoyed that, though I certainly didn't agree with the deal but at least he wasn't "forced on" to join the 1p club, that would have actually been worse. I just wish he had left Rita till the end and still been playing , I really want to see a 250k/1p finish in live play one of these days! :)

I'd have been more annoyed to have taken 4k and kept the 75k there at 2-box personally but he seemed happy enough not to - I guess you've still got to consider it with a 30% chance of £1 or less!!

Also ironic that he had the same box as Matty swapped for (surely Matty was short for Matthew) with 1p in it AND came from the same wing position, and had the same final pair!

At least the somewhat dull gameplay allowed a lot of banter to be kept in that was missing from the Halloween games, it's a shame those games, especially those with TREAT weren't given a longer timeslot even though it would have been difficult to pull off. I guess you could make a whole film of "Constance" by now!!

Oh and also good to see the banker make a potential 2-box guarantee that was more than a 10% chance for once. :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Craig

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:13 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject: Re: Mathew 03/11

I really liked that game and really happy he got a good result at the end!

great game for a great guy and i hope he enjoys £4,000,

Plus i like steps too so i cant say anything about his music taste!

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:42 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Mathew 03/11
Administrator & Global Moderator

James1978 wrote:
Oh and also good to see the banker make a potential 2-box guarantee that was more than a 10% chance for once. :)

The banker seems to be making guarantees virtually every other show now (and I suspect there are times we don't get to see it due to it being edited out!). He always seems to guarantee offers which have a greater generosity than in the rest of the game.

Mathew's 11-box offer was 26% of the mean, 8-box was 7% ( :shock: ) and 5-box was 24%; whereas the 2 guaranteed offers (£17,500 or £35,000) would've been 47% or 41% of the mean respectively!

I know the banker has been making the 2-box offer the most generous of games lately, but I suspect the guaranteed offers show the greatest generosity!

Profile E-mail  

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:48 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Mathew 03/11

Yeah it was more realistic!

It was a fun game to say the least, on a bad day some of us might have said the player was extremely annoying for always forgetting how to count to three, but Mathew didn't give off any "annoying" vibes at all; you could tell he was a loveable person there because of how tight he was with everyone. Glad to see a "cautious" decision actually turned out to be the right one for him.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:56 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Mathew 03/11
International Forums Moderator

Safety first (to a huge degree really) pays off. Quite the contrast with the last week. I guess he was spooked by the low blues - quite rightly too as it turned out he kept two of them to the end.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:16 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: Mathew 03/11

I liked this game. Mathew was a decent chap, who brought some light entertainment in the form of him being all over the place. I thought the first offer was great as well.

Yes, the deal was weak, but it worked out for him, so I'm happy.

Profile E-mail  

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:58 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Mathew 03/11

Fairly entertaining game, despite Mathew's inability to count to three (He could be on Strictly Come Dancing :lol: )*, went a bit to pot in the second half but at least he bailed out before disaster struck.

Not the best start to the week in game play terms but pleasant viewing nonetheless

*I guarantee no-one who didn't see the end of It Takes Two Monday night will get that joke at all

greeny

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:55 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: Mathew 03/11

I got it Moxx! :lol:

Sounds a fun game with lots of banter, looking forward to seeing it on Friday (which is when it airs on S4C).

Profile E-mail  

daniel4389

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:01 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject: Re: Mathew 03/11

Why don't you just wait until the episodes have been on S4C before you read about them here? It seems this way you ruin most of the fun of actually watching the programme...

Also you know you can just watch them on the catch-up on the C4 website; they used to wait until late that evening or even the next morning but lately they've been putting it up like 5 minutes after the show ends for some reason.

Profile E-mail  

greeny

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:06 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: Mathew 03/11

Because I'm not prepared to wait that long to know what happens in the show, plus I actually like reading about it before watching it. I find it more enjoyable watching it knowing what happens. Plus last year, S4C ended up showing the January games in April and a similar thing will happen this time round, so I'm not prepared to wait.

Plus 4OD does not work on the university network, so that's useless anyway.

Profile E-mail  

daniel4389

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:08 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject: Re: Mathew 03/11

Not 4OD, free catch-up = http://www.channel4.com/video/deal-or-n ... tchup.html

That works for me at uni even though 4OD doesn't. Although if you like reading about it before watching it then I don't suppose it matters...

Profile E-mail  

Big D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:24 pm    Author: Big D    Post subject: Re: Mathew 03/11

Can't imagine watching it without the suspense of not knowing how it'll turn out personally, but to each their own! :) I'm hoping the Ch4 catch up thing works abroad, as I might be going away soon. Anyone know? I know the BBC i-player isn't avaliable outside the UK, wondered if this is the same...

Saperogo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:49 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: Mathew 03/11

The deal at 4k seemed rather weak, but it worked out for him in the end so well done! Enjoy the 4k Mathew! :)

daniel4389

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:00 am    Author: daniel4389    Post subject: Re: Mathew 03/11

Big D wrote:
Can't imagine watching it without the suspense of not knowing how it'll turn out personally, but to each their own! :) I'm hoping the Ch4 catch up thing works abroad, as I might be going away soon. Anyone know? I know the BBC i-player isn't avaliable outside the UK, wondered if this is the same...

Don't know but things stay on there for 30 days so unless you're going away for a while then you could just wait and have a mega catch-up session when you get back...

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:54 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Mathew 03/11

Sometimes I actually have a peek at what's happened as soon as I get in from work before the More 4 repeat is on at 6:05 - it usually helps to calm my nerves if it's a player I'm particularly bothered about.

Especially if it's a manic emotional woman who tend to be my faves - I remmber I'd ran out of nerve ends after Charly's game last Bonfire Night - one of my favourite all-time contestants had fabulous board, no-dealt crap offers, board goes pear-shaped in no-time, looks as though she's winning a blue, rescues it with 20k in the box at the last moment. I could have saved myself a lot of stress if I'd looked at the end of the game thread and saw she won 20k (but not necessarily know how)!!

Now I know why I like people like original Melanie dealing really early, it saves my nerves!! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Big D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:54 am    Author: Big D    Post subject: Re: Mathew 03/11

daniel4389 wrote:
Big D wrote:

Don't know but things stay on there for 30 days so unless you're going away for a while then you could just wait and have a mega catch-up session when you get back...

All things working out I should be off the the continent to live soon.

[ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]