Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 19, 2022 10:08 am Last visit was: Thu May 19, 2022 10:08 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

matthew17

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:44 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: Pam 02/11 Halloween week

Warnings: 0
fantastic game today, well done pam and enjoy the 35k :-D :-D

travis P

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:45 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: Pam 02/11 Halloween week

I really liked Noel's comment at the end.

Quote:
This is a bad day for the cynics and skeptics on the show.

Last edited by travis P on Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:46 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: Pam 02/11 Halloween week

And that's Halloween week finally over

50/50 week I would say, two good wins and 4 not so good games sandwiched in between

No mention of a 3rd birthday week from Noel so I assume it's back to normality from tomorrow

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

Craig

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:53 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject: Re: Pam 02/11 Halloween week

That was.........just..............what!!

Im normally a believer in this sort of thing but......that freaked me out!

How did she..how...how???

A well deserved £35,000 and a holiday to New York! I really hope she enjoys the money and has a fab holiday! That was one of the best games in terms of gameplay theres been in ages!!

Profile E-mail  

Big D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:55 pm    Author: Big D    Post subject: Re: Pam 02/11 Halloween week

travis P wrote:

Quote:

I think he was referring to the "supernatural" stuff! Although the £100k prediction (from Maggie who doesn't say much but when she does she's never wrong!! ;) ) didn't come to pass. Not sure how she was doing all that, because she seemed to choosing the box first, then pointing the wand at it, and never changed her mind once that I can remember. Curious. What a great game, and a great player.

travis P

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:58 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: Pam 02/11 Halloween week

Big D wrote:
travis P wrote:

Quote:

I think he was referring to the "supernatural" stuff! Although the £100k prediction (from Maggie who doesn't say much but when she does she's never wrong!! ;) ) didn't come to pass. Not sure how she was doing all that, because she seemed to choosing the box first, then pointing the wand at it, and never changed her mind once that I can remember. Curious. What a great game, and a great player.

Oh I know that, I do wish he would wheel stuff like that on other shows. Like the first birthday special in his closing speech.

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:58 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: Pam 02/11 Halloween week

I've never seen anyone so lucky, those blues and low reds were dropping like dominoes :shock:

Enjoy your 35k, Pam, and the vacation to New York City

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:03 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Pam 02/11 Halloween week

I'm a sceptic and I can't say I believe a wand could sense amounts in boxes (you'd need to play a lot more than 1 game to prove that it worked) but she certainly had great luck today.

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:03 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Pam 02/11 Halloween week
Administrator & Global Moderator

richie4eva1 wrote:
No mention of a 3rd birthday week from Noel so I assume it's back to normality from tomorrow

I know there is a birthday show at some point, but definitely not a whole week of specials. Which is a bit strange considering they did a week of specials to celebrate the banker's birthday. Apparently the birthday show is most likely to be this Friday...

Big D wrote:
Not sure how she was doing all that, because she seemed to choosing the box first, then pointing the wand at it, and never changed her mind once that I can remember. Curious. What a great game, and a great player.

I think she said that she chose a box, pointed the wand at it and if it vibrated then it was safe to choose. Although even so, I don't think she changed her mind about any box. It's a shame she didn't let Noel feel it "vibrating". ;)

It was a very good show to finish off Halloween week, and whether it was her wand or just pot luck that got her through it, we'll never know. The no deal at 3-box was a bit suspect, but she was just one box away from a £75k vs £100k finish, so I can see her reasons for no dealing there.

She seemed fun and seemed to be enjoying herself which is the main thing, and on top of it she won a Power 5 sum of money (and also a holiday!). Strange that the banker predicted at the start that the wand could be worth £35,000! And I think Noel's closing comment could be interpreted in a number of ways...

Profile E-mail  

daniel4389

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:30 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject: Re: Pam 02/11 Halloween week

Great game, and good play I think - the £55k was probably worth dealing but it still made sense to turn it down if you were going for the really big money as there wasn't a lot to lose, and then she cut her losses just in time. I enjoyed that more than any game in ages!

Profile E-mail  

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:36 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Pam 02/11 Halloween week

That was just incredible!

Trick or Treat week begins and ends with EPIC games! Too bad the four inbetween weren't :(

But today's game was nothing short of unbelievable! When the third part ended, Dad was hooked; he said "watch the £250,000 go now, it'll shut her up!" - and of course it did! He got up, muttering something about systems and game strategies never working in a random game :lol: So you can imagine him suddenly making himself VERY comfortable when she chose the TREAT on such a powerful board at 5-box!

He even said at the £55,000 offer "if she doesn't take that, she'll end up winning the £5,000!" - he was understandably in awe of the game in general! :P

Seriously, I know it's only the first show of the month, but that will be a SERIOUS contender of Show of the Month! My favourite game of Season 4 so far by a long shot!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:21 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Pam 02/11 Halloween week

I hate you Endemol for scheduling what sounds like the best game in yonks on the same time as the Brazilian Grand Prix. Completely missed this but at least it was worth it given the result!! :D

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:30 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Pam 02/11 Halloween week

Wow, that was pretty darn great :D ! Pam gets the

a trip to New York - I've been there a few times, it's awesome - and a great ending to what was not the world's greatest week for this show. Congrats to Pam, enjoy the money, and enjoy New York as well :D !

travis P

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:34 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: Pam 02/11 Halloween week

James1978 wrote:
I hate you Endemol for scheduling what sounds like the best game in yonks on the same time as the Brazilian Grand Prix. Completely missed this but at least it was worth it given the result!! :D

Blame Channel 4, not Endemol. As they recorded the show around May for a Saturday 1st November recording. C4 decided to move the shows to Sunday after these shows on the basis they want DoND to keep their Sunday audience share afloat.

wokoman88

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:51 pm    Author: wokoman88    Post subject: Re: Pam 02/11 Halloween week

travis P wrote:

Quote:
This is a bad day for the cynics and skeptics on the show.[/quote]

That won't stop this cynic.. :-D

Am I the only one that thought there was a ever so slight chance the banker said he wouldn't have offered the swap because he knew £5,000 was there to guarantee the feel good ending??

Awesome game, no matter what though :-D

Games I have seen Recorded:32 (of which 30 have been televised)
Next game to spot me: September 9th 2012

Profile E-mail  

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:54 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Pam 02/11 Halloween week

wokoman88 wrote:
travis P wrote:

Quote:

Am I the only one that thought there was a ever so slight chance the banker said he wouldn't have offered the swap because he knew £5,000 was there to guarantee the feel good ending??

*imagines Pam declining the £35,000 and having her box opened without a swap offered*

Yep. :suspect:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:03 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Pam 02/11 Halloween week

travis P wrote:
James1978 wrote:

Blame Channel 4, not Endemol. As they recorded the show around May for a Saturday 1st November recording. C4 decided to move the shows to Sunday after these shows on the basis they want DoND to keep their Sunday audience share afloat.

Yeah, oops. I meant Channel 4! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:15 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Pam 02/11 Halloween week

Mad Mark wrote:

a trip to New York - I've been there a few times, it's awesome - and a great ending to what was not the world's greatest week for this show. Congrats to Pam, enjoy the money, and enjoy New York as well :D !

I don't think it can quite be catagorised as an EPIC WIN today really due to it only being a TPW. Turning down a big five figure, nearly 92% of the mean, offer slightly tarnishes the epicness of the win. I'd say it was a "NEARLY EPIC WIN" today.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:16 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Pam 02/11 Halloween week

Simon F wrote:
Mad Mark wrote:

I don't think it can quite be catagorised as an EPIC WIN today really due to it only being a TPW. Turning down a big five figure, nearly 92% of the mean, offer slightly tarnishes the epicness of the win. I'd say it was a "NEARLY EPIC WIN" today.

I'd say it was an EPIC WIN for the simple reason that it was a Power Five boundary win from a fantastic game...though technically you're right! :P

Profile E-mail  

wokoman88

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:29 pm    Author: wokoman88    Post subject: Re: Pam 02/11 Halloween week

Big-Davey wrote:
wokoman88 wrote:
travis P wrote:

Quote:

*imagines Pam declining the £35,000 and having her box opened without a swap offered*

Yep. :suspect:

That didn't come out how I meant it :D Just ignore me...

Games I have seen Recorded:32 (of which 30 have been televised)
Next game to spot me: September 9th 2012

Profile E-mail  
 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]