Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 19, 2022 9:15 am Last visit was: Thu May 19, 2022 9:15 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:04 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Karina 31/10

Warnings: 0
Welcome to Failoween week.
Better game Sunday, let's hope.

Daisy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:04 pm    Author: Daisy    Post subject: Re: Karina 31/10

I'm glad she took the Banker's Gamble, even if it did go wrong.

Anyone else get the feeling she was in a really bad mood? I know her game wasn't going so good but still...

Sure, you can come up with just the right paragraph that would exactly and candidly reflect the precise emotional descriptors you wished to be utilized in communicating your ever present and meticulously cultivated thoughts. Or you can just swear.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence and insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Daisyed & Confused
Proud receiver of Maudy hugs.

Profile E-mail  

greeny

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:04 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: Karina 31/10

Second time Richie, Semi took it back in January when he was left with 10k and 20k having dealt 14k beforehand.

Profile E-mail  

Craig

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:07 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject: Re: Karina 31/10

That was gutting, really wanted her to get the £20,000! She did the right thing taking that gamble even though it turned out wrongly!

Hope she enjoys the holiday with her family! And hey, a thousands pounds is not bad going!

Profile E-mail  

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:21 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: Karina 31/10

Total walkover for the banker this week despite, with the exception obviously of Chris, the contestants finding the TREAT

4-1 to the banker with one to play on Sunday, he hasn't exactly had to pay much out this week with the exception of Whitey :(

I really hope Sunday's player is courageous and wins big as I don't want to see the show going back to cautious deals as of Monday

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

rico7

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:27 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: Karina 31/10

It was the right decision to take the banker's gamble even though it didn't work out, and the holidays and £1,000 is not a bad result!

Skyline

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:48 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Karina 31/10
Forum Games Moderator

Mad Mark wrote:

You won't like it.

Profile E-mail  

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:01 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Karina 31/10

Skyline356 wrote:
Mad Mark wrote:

You won't like it.

Better avoid it like the Plague, then.
Enough with all the Fail. Let's have some Win, please. Thank you.

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:14 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Karina 31/10

What a bummer. Chris refuses banker's gamble and would have been exactly right to. Karina takes it when statistically it looks good, and is wrong to. The offer should have been about 9k at 2-box in the circumstances so risking 4k was the right choice. Still 1k + holiday for her and sisters can't be much short of the 4k she risked. :)

I never though I'd say this after Whitey's game but I'm looking forward to getting back to normal again! :shock:

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

KP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:08 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Karina 31/10
International Forums Moderator

Utterly ridiculous game there. What the heck was up with putting the Banker's Gamble in after two blues out of two went post-Deal?

Bring on the normal game. Well, what's left of it. Which seems to me to be a battle of wills between Noel's Wakeyism and the players' ultra-cautious approach to money...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:36 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Karina 31/10

Another difficult game to get into, though this one was a bit more funnier than yesterday's; Noel being moody for starters! :P

With the amount of time left at the beginning of the TRICK or TREAT twist, I was expecting either a good gamble to the end. So once she dealt at £4,000 I could sense a blue/£20,000 finish and a Banker's Gamble. To find a guaranteed £1,000 that Gamble was a 100% no-brainer, and the £1,000 on the table just sums up how crap this week has been in general. :(

But at least the three disappointments this week (not including Chris as he didn't "crash" so to speak) got a good holiday each for their trouble! :)

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:29 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Karina 31/10

Well that was a blatant attempt at the producers trying to engineer a feel good ending by offering a banker's gamble that only the ultra-cautious player would turn down.

This week has been a big disappointment really.

tr4962

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:10 pm    Author: tr4962    Post subject: Re: Karina 31/10

Simon F wrote:
Well that was a blatant attempt at the producers trying to engineer a feel good ending by offering a banker's gamble that only the ultra-cautious player would turn down.

They would have probably offered it also if she had taken the £7,000 at 3 box

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:26 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Karina 31/10
Administrator & Global Moderator

Karina was nice and she made the right decisions in my view. I was a bit worried the banker was going to give a handout at the end of her game, but it was nice to see it was just an extension to her holiday, which I hope she enjoys. The games so far this week have fallen with the wrong players... if Chris / Tony swapped games then we'd have probably had a £35k OPW and a £20k box win, or if Chris / Karina swapped then we'd have probably had a £20k box win and a £4k win assuming he didn't take the banker's gamble (which would've been worse than the gamble he actually declined).

I think the fact they've dressed up for every show this week has made it seem less special in a way as I've got used to it now, whereas having just one show with all the sound effects and visual effects makes it more memorable. Undoubtedly I have enjoyed this week from that point of view, but the games have been rather mediocre on the whole - it started off well with Whitey but the other 4 have been fairly average (especially Chris's), with the possible exception of Tony's but his was memorable because it went wrong! :(

I'm very confused though as I thought today would be the culmination of the specials and that the birthday special would be on Sunday. Instead, there seems to be another Halloween special on Sunday and I don't know when the birthday show is!

Profile E-mail  

matthew17

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:06 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: Karina 31/10

good game today, shame the banker's gamble didn't pay off :( still, £1,000 and a holiday to Venice is good enough, so well done karina! :)

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:08 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Karina 31/10

tr4962 wrote:
Simon F wrote:

They would have probably offered it also if she had taken the £7,000 at 3 box

A £7k banker's gamble on £1k/£20k board would have been the perfect banker's gamble. I'm not sure if I'd have the gamble on that configuration.

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:22 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Karina 31/10
Administrator & Global Moderator

£7k on £1k vs £20k, whether it's through an offer or a banker's gamble, is a tricky one. Back in May 2007, Lionel had that final 2 and an offer of £7,500 (he dealt and had £1k in his box). At the time I was saying I'd no deal, but after seeing the low offers the banker has been making on low value vs £20k final 2s recently, I'd probably deal £7,500 now as I'd see it as a generous offer for the board. Therefore I don't think I'd have accepted the banker's gamble yesterday if I'd previously dealt at £7,000.

Profile E-mail  

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:59 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Karina 31/10

I liked Karina a lot and found myself very invested emotionally in her game.

Think she had the most appalling luck throughout, one of those awful games where just about every round has a sting in the tail, and that must have been frustrating for her, perhaps that's why she seemed a little edgy at times

Couldn't really blame her for dealing when she did as it was a 50/50 chance of hitting a red at 4 box and that could have been disastrous, however when she went on to an all red finish i really wanted her to get the bankers gamble - and she did :smt023 , I was really convinced she was going to get the £20k then but sadly it was not to be.

Still £1000 and a holiday isn't to be sneezed at and and that random act of kindness from the banker was a welcome sweetener after that huge disapointment.

Probably my favourite game of the week

kr66

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:12 pm    Author: kr66    Post subject: Re: Karina 31/10

Hey, its Karina, just wanted to say thanks for your comments. I had such an amazing time at deal or no deal and at the time was absolutely gutted about my game. I had to go for the banker's gamble as 20k would of meant I could split the money with my family. Sorry if I seemed moody in my show and I know this may sound ridiculous to some people but I was very aware of how tight my dress was and even said to the wardrobe lady that I must be missing some shorts (but apparently the top was meant to be a dress!) so I was very uncomfortable with what I was wearing knowing how many people would be watching the show! Also it took about 2 hours to record so a lot of the banter was edited out as they focused on one main aspect of my game which was my mum (which I don't mind as it was nice for people to know how important she is to me). Looking back I now have no regrets as I was incredibly lucky to get the opportunity to be on the show and share the experience with so many amazing people who I will be good friends with for a very long time, any money won is just an added bonus! Anyway keep watching - there are some great games coming up! xx

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:18 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Karina 31/10

Skyline356 wrote:
Mad Mark wrote:

You won't like it.

We had one questionable decision in today's show but it was a better than average game today.

[ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]