Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:17 pm Last visit was: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:17 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:54 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Gill 22/10

Warnings: 0
She swapped and it backfired! :smt009 :smt011

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Gill 22/10
Administrator & Global Moderator

Noel thanks Gill for the giggles and laughter, and she says she still feels incredibly lucky as she has such a loving family.

Profile E-mail  

wkd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:16 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: Gill 22/10

Disappointing. Don't feel she did anything wrong - apart from the swap (but that's my personal psychology of not wanting to give the money away rather than any rationality)

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:23 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Gill 22/10

As annyoing as she was, it was a very interesting game, and to see someone go further than I would for the first time in ages was very "ooooh" indeed.

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:30 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Gill 22/10

I think Box 23 will say Incinerator food (Bob?)

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:14 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Gill 22/10

It was nice to see the show get off to a cheery start with all the giggling and laughing but I'm glad it didn't last too long as I think it'd have got too much. At 11-box, she was just 3 blues away from having the first ever all-red 8-box board, and she could've done it seeing as she had a red in her box. The round after the 3rd offer really ripped the heart out of the game and it never really recovered though...

I was half-expecting her to deal at the 5th offer after the talk of wanting money for the wedding, but I suspect her son may have played a part in her no deal when he spoke about carrying on. Likewise at 2-box, I suspect he played a part in her no dealing. I thought the 2-box offer of £3,600 was dealable - especially when you consider blue vs £15k and blue vs £20k final 2s often have offers around the £4k / £5k mark.

The swap ruined things though, although it was interesting listening to Noel's end piece to camera where he said he personally doesn't like swaps because of the risk of giving away "the box you are destined to have". A bit of his own belief in destiny and fate coming through there.

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:27 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Gill 22/10
International Forums Moderator

Well... what can I say? Wow.

Wakeyism returns.. and produces a swappy blue win. Youch. Yet again people get sucked into chasing the money after a mid-game collapse, aided and abetted by Noel... and apparently the family. I hope the Three Wakeyteers were watching... of course at least one would just have been screaming at the swap...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:50 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Gill 22/10

Well I turned off becuase she was annoying me so much, and looking at the result, I'm sort of pleased I did!

One request I do have though - could someone upload Constance's Halloween week promo to YouTube as it sounds hilarious!! :)

I still think the only the final offer was dealable though, for anyone critcising her for gambling! :?

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:04 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Gill 22/10

Gill didn't do too much wrong today (other than the box swap at the end). Noel's little speech was interesting today considering it's not long since we had a contestant swap at the end to win £75k).

What got me today was the laughable offers. 11 box with 8 red/3 blues, 3 of the power 5 (including the 2 biggies) should have been closer to £20k. To no deal a joke offer and then hit the 9 in 165 chance of taking out both the 6 figure sums was unfortunate.

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:08 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Gill 22/10

Following on from travis P's reply to my post about Tony's eyes... and how the lights could affect him, I noticed there was an old bloke on the west wing (can't remember his name) who also looked like he was crying today, but his eyes looked red and sore when the camera did a close-up. :?

Profile E-mail  

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:12 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Gill 22/10

A good game again today, really have been a few lately haven't there?!?

Unlucky with the swap, but she was true to her word as number 13 meant a lot to her. Too bad the £10,000 was already on the table before the swap :(

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:25 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Gill 22/10
International Forums Moderator

Oh you're right about that she had no choice but to go to two-box James - but I thought the two-box offer was a bit more than 'dealable'...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:52 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Gill 22/10

Gill was certainly bubbly (perhaps just a little too much?) and the game itself was looking rather strong. Then it started to go badly and reminded me of Charlie's for a little while when she had the low to medium red block in play.

The offers were dire. Though the last one wasn't bad considering what the Banker can sometimes offer on a final 2 blue/red (Penny last week was offered £5,500 with 1p & £35,000 in play). The decision to swap by Gill seemed really quick and it's just a shame it didn't pay off.

And here is Constance's Halloween Promo :lol:

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:09 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Gill 22/10

Mike you are a star!!! :D

Just thought the ending looks a little similar to Brunhilde's a year ago today - with the last 3 boxes being a blue, a low red and the 50k. Gill wanted Box 13 and swapped for it with disastrous consequences, and Brunhilde meant to keep Box 13 but took it out and it had tthe 50k. If they'd played each other's games, Brunhilde would have got a 26k (possibly?) deal and Gill would have swapped for the 50k!! :(

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:11 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Gill 22/10

Top stuff from our resident YouTube "moderator"! :P

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:54 pm    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject: Re: Gill 22/10

I really enjoyed Gill's game today. I didn't notice her that much on the wings, but I thought she was great in her game. Just a shame she swapped.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:46 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: Gill 22/10

That was quite an enjoyable game with an unfortunate and rather unexpected result given her strong board of 8 reds and 3 blues. Quite a lot of hysterics at the beginning, which I'm glad faded as the game progressed. Unlucky with the swap, and it's the turn of the reds to appear on the table now.

A spooky element to her game to note is that at 11-box she remarked she had a bet with a mate that she would be able to get Noel to run around the studio, and that by him doing so, she was now £50 better off. Strange that after that remark, she took out the £250k and £100k and took a pretty much direct decline to £50, made even more painful by the fact she had swapped away £10,000 at the end (which incidentally appeared on the table for the first time in 56 shows!).

(compare with 52p Irene who was given 52p in a cork by 52 THOUSAND POUND Theresa :shock: )

Profile E-mail  

wkd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:45 am    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: Gill 22/10

KP wrote:
Oh you're right about that she had no choice but to go to two-box James - but I thought the two-box offer was a bit more than 'dealable'...

It was dealable I'd agree but no dealing was the correct call in 'value' terms with the upside being much greater than the downside. The only reason to deal would have been if she was uncomfotable with the risk and determined to avoid going away with a blue. I would only criticse the decision to play on if she burst into tears if went wrong.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:28 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Gill 22/10

An okay game marred by a downturn of luck in the latter half. That was a shame really, and Gill was brave to persevere till the end like that, I'm just sorry it didn;t work out for her

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:36 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: Gill 22/10

An enjoyable game that unfortunately had a poor result. Gill was nice, I liked her and she brought a bubbly side to the game.

I'm a firm believer of never swapping, so it was a shame to see her only win £50 by doing so.

Profile E-mail  
 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]