Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue May 24, 2022 11:00 am Last visit was: Tue May 24, 2022 11:00 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:02 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: Charlie 21/10

Warnings: 0
Brilliant game and brilliant player

Well done Charlie on £20,000, enjoy every penny

Really enjoying this week so far, such a feel-good week and hope it carries on until Sunday

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:02 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Charlie 21/10

w00t! Well done Charlie.

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:19 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Charlie 21/10

Missed it again, but what a result at the end :D

rico7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:59 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: Charlie 21/10

Excellent turnaround, really pleased for Charlie! :D

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:06 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Charlie 21/10
Administrator & Global Moderator

Very good game today. There wasn't much tension after the last blue was revealed as you knew Charlie was guaranteed a reasonable sum of money. However to then take out the £1,000 and have a final 2 of £15k / £20k was pretty good, and then to no deal and win £20,000 was the best possible outcome.

I found Charlie and his wife quite amusing, and there were also more fun moments with Gill, Lee, Constance, Noel and the banker, so an enjoyable show overall.

h2005 wrote:
21 - Tony - £750

Slow opening from Tony there :evil:

That reminds me... does Tony have something wrong with his eyes? They literally look like they're stinging or watering the whole time... or is he just crying whenever the camera goes on him? :?

Profile E-mail  

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:22 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Charlie 21/10

He's obviously a very emotional lad!

Brilliant game today, really got into it from the start. That £11,500 offer was reminiscent of early 2007 - back when the offer still climbed after the £250,000 went.

Still, a brilliant turnaround, and a fantastic win to boot!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

travis P

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:51 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: Charlie 21/10

h2005 wrote:
That reminds me... does Tony have something wrong with his eyes? They literally look like they're stinging or watering the whole time... or is he just crying whenever the camera goes on him? :?

It could be the studio lights. As there was a contestant on Millionaire some time ago which had the same problem. On camera, it looked like he was tearful but there was no emotion. He revealed in a local paper afterwards that the strong lights made his eyes watery.

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:10 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Charlie 21/10

Great to see the banker pay dearly for some terrible offers again. The raise after the 250k went was hardly unexpected as the previous offer, the 10k, was one of the worst I can ever remember (with the exception of Pauline's but there was an obvious reason for that!!!). The £11,500 was still below the median and I doubt I'd ever consider dealing anything below the median at 8-box (5-box is a different matter on a board like, say, Planet Joan's - who Constance asctually reminds me a lot of!!) :)

What did make me laugh was that there needed to be any deliberation at all at 2-box - surely anything below £17,500 was a no-brainer open the box? :D

I knew the quarter-mill was coming out when Noel commented on how Jen had changed her ways...........

Really enjoyed it anyway, enjoy the money Charlie!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:27 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: Charlie 21/10

Brilliant! A great player, and a very good outcome.

Nice to see the Banker pay for a poor offer at 5-box.

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:59 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Charlie 21/10

Great game today. There seemed to be a bit too much time spent asking for advice at 5 box though.

Brick

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:11 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Charlie 21/10

Missed it today as was working but will watch the last 10 mins later. Finally, a good solid finish in active play and the bigger amount in the box to boot! :-D

maggieq

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:01 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: Charlie 21/10

:D great finish to Charlies game.well played.enjoy the dosh Charlie.good luck for the future.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:56 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Charlie 21/10

An interesting game configuration with the middle block of reds. Then to go on and destroy that block, but eventually being left with a great final two whereby your guaranteed at least £15,000 or £20,000. A situation where you can't lose.

So a good result to start the week off, but even if it had been £15,000 in the box it wouldn't of been a bad result either.

Profile E-mail  

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:06 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Charlie 21/10

Great game. As the Banker put it 'Lazarus by name Lazarus by Nature'* Charlie was great and he played a blinder, though personally i think if you have two consecutive boxes left at the final offer you might as well no deal, even if the banker goes for the mean the difference between the 3 amounts is negligable

*Slightly OT but by a bizarre coincidence last night's episode of Holby City was also entitled 'Lazarus', strange because it's not a name you hear that often outside of Sunday School

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:49 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Charlie 21/10

Moxx of Balhoom wrote:
Great game. As the Banker put it 'Lazarus by name Lazarus by Nature'* Charlie was great and he played a blinder, though personally i think if you have two consecutive boxes left at the final offer you might as well no deal, even if the banker goes for the mean the difference between the 3 amounts is negligable

Not all consecutives boxes have negligable differences. If we ever got the dream finish in active play, there would be a lot of difference between £100k, £170k and £250k.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:16 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Charlie 21/10

Well yes, that's true i suppose but - for me if £100,000 was the least amount i could win it would still be worth the gamble

[ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]