Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:50 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:50 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

alex xxx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:26 pm    Author: alex xxx    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

Warnings: 0
MisterAl we were going to No Deal the £2200 anyway, the banter side of things was edited brilliantly, but the actual gameplay side was quite poor, the doubled winnings was incredibly generous and all in all just comfirmed what we were already thinking. xxxxx

KP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:26 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10
International Forums Moderator

Travis: late 2007 I think. It shows apparently.

Hopefully better on Sunday I suppose... :(

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Shane84

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:27 pm    Author: Shane84    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

To Tom22: I apologise if that is the case, but i don't see anything wrong with Mad Mark calling any game a failure. How can you separate the stats h2005 provides at the end of any offer with Marks call? They are both there to judge.

Maud: Again I apologise if this is something you always do but I saw a 2 posts in a row criticising Mark's post (in your words as 'tasteless'), which is something mark does every game, no? So why speak out today?

I have a paraplegic Aunt who I’m very close to and it really irritates me when people treat her as someone who shouldn’t be ‘burdened’ the responsibility of decision making. It’s patronizing to the last.
I apologise if I’ve come across as tetchy but I think everyone should be treated with the respect they deserve.

ell

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:29 pm    Author: ell    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

Totally gutted for Claude what a lovely man with a great sense of humour hope your buuts no longer let in the weter mate :( Ell Xx

Last edited by ell on Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:30 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

Missed this game, but what a deadful thing to happen towards the end :smt009 :smt011

And sorry but I have to agree with box 23, maybe (tomorrow :P) on Sunday we'll have an epic win :-)

Last edited by killersbee on Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alex xxx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:31 pm    Author: alex xxx    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

Shane84 wrote:
To Tom22: I apologise if that is the case, but i don't see anything wrong with Mad Mark calling any game a failure. How can you separate the stats h2005 provides at the end of any offer with Marks call? They are both there to judge.

Maud: Again I apologise if this is something you always do but I saw a 2 posts in a row criticising Mark's post (in your words as 'tasteless'), which is something mark does every game, no? So why speak out today?

I have a paraplegic Aunt who I’m very close to and it really irritates me when people treat her as someone who shouldn’t be ‘burdened’ the responsibility of decision making. It’s patronizing to the last.
I apologise if I’ve come across as tetchy but I think everyone should be treated with the respect they deserve.

Claude is his own person, and while I agree with the fact everyone has an opinion and should be allowed to air it, I personally don't mind the game being called an Banana Sandwich I told Claude and he burst into "ONE OF THOSE LAUGHING FITS". Maud and Tom22, I can also see why you thought what you did, and while I sometimes disagree with Box 23 today IMO it was fine by me lol xxxxx

Shane84

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:31 pm    Author: Shane84    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

MisterAl wrote:
Shane84 wrote:
i didn't like the way the banker tied the sweetener into the offer...

It wasn't even a sweetener though. It turned a good £2200 offer into a stingy £2200 offer, which ultimately encouraged Claude on to his blue win. Things would have been much 'sweeter' if the producers had simply stuck to the original box values. Claude would have been far more likely to take the offer, thus avoiding a total heartbreaking finish.

(Even if the £5k had have been in Claude's box, winning £2200 from a game that never delivered an offer above £6500 is nowhere near the 'feelbad' ending we actually ended up with...)

True, but it did promise to improve Claude's winnings regardless. He would have been better promising nothing at all, imho.

Maud

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:32 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

Shane84 wrote:

I dont post in here much, have never seen box 23 before and in all honesty think it's a rubbish idea to have, how can u call people epic failures in such a game??? Shocking.

I get what u mean about your aunt, I have a son with a disability (not physical) and he is often treated ina way that disgusts me but it wasnt what I was doing to Claude.

Shane84

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:40 pm    Author: Shane84    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

alex xxx wrote:
Shane84 wrote:

Claude is his own person, and while I agree with the fact everyone has an opinion and should be allowed to air it, I personally don't mind the game being called an Banana Sandwich I told Claude and he burst into "ONE OF THOSE LAUGHING FITS". Maud and Tom22, I can also see why you thought what you did, and while I sometimes disagree with Box 23 today IMO it was fine by me lol xxxxx

Thank you Alex, and my sincere commiserations to Claude. If it’s any consolation I was on the edge of my seat all through his game!

Shane84

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:43 pm    Author: Shane84    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

Maud wrote:
Shane84 wrote:

I dont post in here much, have never seen box 23 before and in all honesty think it's a rubbish idea to have, how can u call people epic failures in such a game??? Shocking.

I get what u mean about your aunt, I have a son with a disability (not physical) and he is often treated ina way that disgusts me but it wasnt what I was doing to Claude.

Again, I'm sorry if I came across as tetchy but I'm a great believer in freedom of speech.

Edit: Mad Mark called Claude's game an Banana Sandwich, not Claude. There is a world of a difference between the 2.

tr4962

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:16 pm    Author: tr4962    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

Maud wrote:
Shane84 wrote:

Absolutely agree with every single word, he only cares about winnings of the game and not the people, perhaps he should take more notice, and the whole thing about disregarding games with wins with less than £1,000 is just ridiculous as its kind of the point of the game and the excitement.

alex xxx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:24 pm    Author: alex xxx    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

I don't really know if this is the right place to say this but I know some of you already know anyway, and if I start causing trauma's then H or Kes can just lock the thread and I will be evil and things, and I won't ever be able to post on the forum again and will be mobbed in the street etc etc.
OK Claude and I were at the time of filming DOND really really happy and TBH we still are to a certain extent, just we have a difference of opinion on a lot of things and I want different things to him. So, we have decided not to remain husband and wife although a greater friend I KNOW I won't ever find. There are no bad feelings from either of us in this, it's a joint decision. We obviously still love each other but we know that things aren't going to work for us and we have decided before we become bitter towards each other to leave things as really close friends. So, you may wonder what has this got to do with anything? Well it's just that I don't want any of you to get the wrong impression about it all, because I know I joined this forum as Claude's wife and now I won't be. To us the only difference is in the name and as I still live with him, we are still close.
I will apologise now to any people who didn't/don't want to know this and also the people who think it is bad taste to air our business like this but it's something that in my opinion need to be cleared up.
Anyway, lynch me now................ xxxxx

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:36 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

alex xxx wrote:
I don't really know if this is the right place to say this but I know some of you already know anyway, and if I start causing trauma's then H or Kes can just lock the thread and I will be evil and things, and I won't ever be able to post on the forum again and will be mobbed in the street etc etc.
OK Claude and I were at the time of filming DOND really really happy and TBH we still are to a certain extent, just we have a difference of opinion on a lot of things and I want different things to him. So, we have decided not to remain husband and wife although a greater friend I KNOW I won't ever find. There are no bad feelings from either of us in this, it's a joint decision. We obviously still love each other but we know that things aren't going to work for us and we have decided before we become bitter towards each other to leave things as really close friends. So, you may wonder what has this got to do with anything? Well it's just that I don't want any of you to get the wrong impression about it all, because I know I joined this forum as Claude's wife and now I won't be. To us the only difference is in the name and as I still live with him, we are still close.
I will apologise now to any people who didn't/don't want to know this and also the people who think it is bad taste to air our business like this but it's something that in my opinion need to be cleared up.
Anyway, lynch me now................ xxxxx

If anything, it's me that deserves the lynching, Alex.
I think I'm going to put Box 23 back on the shelf for a while, and give it a good rest.

alex xxx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:46 pm    Author: alex xxx    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

MadMark I will not lynch you at all, and Claude does think Box 23 is funny, and I do too, at the end of the day its your opinion on the subject, same as I have an opinion and everyone else does too, I really wouldn't worry about what people think I never do, nor do I ever judge people, but maybe don't listen to me haha I might not be the best person xxxxx

KP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:54 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10
International Forums Moderator

Relationships go in many different directions, many of which I don't pretend to understand. I wish both Alex and Claude happy lives along whichever paths they end up following.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

alex xxx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:08 pm    Author: alex xxx    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

Thanks KP it means a lot to hear you say that, things aren't always straightforwards but people get by and things are as they are so as long as we are happy, I huess the main reason I posted that was so people didn't get the worng impression of us both xxxxx

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:26 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10
Administrator & Global Moderator

It's good you've cleared that up as I have heard a few "rumours" regarding the subject.

Relationships don't always last forever despite how well they may start, and KP's right - things can change, sometimes for obvious reasons and sometimes for not so obvious reasons. It doesn't mean people can't stay friends though.

alex xxx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:29 pm    Author: alex xxx    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

H darling that's the reason I have cleared this up because it's unfair on everyone concerned and anyone who reads things etc, but like I say we are still good friends and will always be as far as I can see, just because we can't get on in one capacity doesn't mean we can't in a different one xxxxx

Maud

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:32 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

Ok i need to confess... me and Alex are having an affair.

alex xxx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:33 pm    Author: alex xxx    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

MAUD! you said that was confidential, no more affair xxxxx

[ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]