Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:56 pm Last visit was: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:56 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Tom22

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:34 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

Warnings: 0
But alex I thought you were having an affair with me?!!?

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

alex xxx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:38 pm    Author: alex xxx    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

OOOH so many of you to choose from I have been playing you all off lol but the answer isnt in here lol xxxxx

Profile E-mail  

MisterAl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:57 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

Shane84 wrote:
True, but it did promise to improve Claude's winnings regardless. He would have been better promising nothing at all, imho.

Well, it would only have improved his winnings if he'd have said No Deal. If I was a producer on today's show, I'd have been aiming for a reasonably feelgood ending, not by offering a double-your-box bonus but by giving a high offer to encourage a Deal.

However, and taking into account what Alex said earlier on, maybe that was exactly what the producers were originally going for with the £2200 offer. It's not too clear from the edit, but perhaps it became obvious that Claude was going to No Deal it no matter what, and so the feelgood ending had to be engineered by other means? If that's the case, then it backfired somewhat...

Profile E-mail  

Maud

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:02 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

Tom22 and Alex
Sitting in the Tree
K-I-S-S-I-N-G

alex xxx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:05 pm    Author: alex xxx    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

MAUD! you are ruuuuuude xxxxx

Profile E-mail  

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:05 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

Guys, don't be rude - reply to MisterAl! :P

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:07 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10
International Forums Moderator

It's that, or Endemol have got it in their heads that the only true 'feelgood' ending comes from opening the box.

If that is true - and the initial two-box offer points to MisterAl's hypothesis - I despair.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

alex xxx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:07 pm    Author: alex xxx    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

MisterAl I am rude I apologise, I don't honestly know what the whole point was or what they were trying to acheive but whatever it was they failed haha lol xxxxx

Profile E-mail  

Maud

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:15 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

alex xxx wrote:
MAUD! you are ruuuuuude xxxxx

Tis my middle name

Tom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:28 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

Wow, what a game. And I'm not afraid to say it, but I was actually quite touched by the end of that game. Not many games do that to me, but today's did.

Claude (and Alex!) were brilliant. He was a real character who I always saw as being completely genuine. Alex, please send him my regards and good luck to both of you in the future with whatever you choose to do.

Profile E-mail  

alex xxx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:30 pm    Author: alex xxx    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

Thanks Tom much appreciated, and he is really honestly like that all the time he cracks me up he really does xxxxx

Profile E-mail  

MisterAl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:54 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

alex xxx wrote:
MisterAl I am rude I apologise, I don't honestly know what the whole point was or what they were trying to acheive but whatever it was they failed haha lol xxxxx

No need to apologise. I'm fully aware that my thoughts are utterly insignificant!

Profile E-mail  

alex xxx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:57 pm    Author: alex xxx    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

MisterAl wrote:
alex xxx wrote:

No need to apologise. I'm fully aware that my thoughts are utterly insignificant!

Your thoughts are not insignificant, I was apologising for my total rudeness in not replying and I did obviously have something to say I find your thoughts interesting because you are skeptical like me, however your are obviously cleverer than me to think of these things! xxxxx :D

Profile E-mail  

garylq

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:59 pm    Author: garylq    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

Maud wrote:
Ok i need to confess... me and Alex are having an affair.

:smt046

OK, I think its time to come clean about Claude and me!

(Thinking about it, the signature was a bit of a give-away Alex, I was wondering, welcome to the club!)

alex xxx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:09 pm    Author: alex xxx    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

Gary I am appalled! Under my nose too! haha I know it was so I fessed up really xxxxx

Profile E-mail  

maggieq

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:11 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

really wanted Claude to win big.had tears in my eyes at end of what should have been a good ending.
never mind Claude we all loved the time you adorned our tv screens.
Alex you are a lucky lady to have him. :D

alex xxx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:13 pm    Author: alex xxx    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

thanks maggieq just a shame i let him go eh? he was really really brave luckily someone was just so generous to do what they have done xxxxx

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:03 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

Shows like today are the perfect answer to people who criticise DOND as just being people picking random boxes.

I understand the producers trying to engineer the feel-good ending at the end but personally, I felt it just a little bit too condescending. Either give everyone who has a bad luck game a bonus at the end or don't do anything at all.

James1978

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:28 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

I bet Sunday's player gets on an offer of "Money for them + money for Claude"/. Urgh, I really hope that doesn;t happen.

I thought Claude was great, but he shouldn't get preferential treatment. He at least had some decisions to make, so was glad it made a game of it, they didn't pay off, and that should be that. He knew the risks and was OK about wining a blue, so I have no problem with the game apart from cursing the luck again. :(

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

old bird

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:16 am    Author: old bird    Post subject: Re: Claude 17/10

sorry claude so sad

Yours Old Bird :smt058

[ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]