Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:16 pm Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:16 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:54 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Mark 01/10

Warnings: 0
h2005 wrote:
Something I noticed ( :oops: ) is that when the "squashdown" of the values on the board occurred at 6-box, there was an extra little sound effect... don't think it's been used before but it sounded as though someone had dropped something (which I thought it was at first).

Now this is something I need to check out, and to see whether he has this sound effect.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:07 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Mark 01/10

It sounds like the beginning of the remove amount sound and then a more distant-sounding quarter-million explosion.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:08 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: Mark 01/10

What an epic, but ultimately heartbreaking game today - talk about a game of two halves! We see the strongest board in months, and the promise of massive offers for hitting the low blues, only for the game to collapse to the worst possible finish! Terribly unlucky to take all the big values out in one clean sweep like that!
(My mate only watched the 3rd part, and saw the top 7 values go, so I blame him :lol: )

A factor I didn't like about today's game, other than the result: The banker ringing up giving the next offers before the decision on the current offer is made. This not only loses some of the suspense of the next phonecall, but highly pressurises a contestant into going on, which may not be their true inclination (as was probably the case today as others have hinted).

They're basically saying "you're a coward if you take this offer, 'cause there's all this money up for grabs". Ok, it's easy to work that out for yourself, but ramming inflated hypothetical offers down a contestant's throat is not going to make the decision easy, or more importantly, fair. It's altering the game mechanics in a way I don't like.

On the positive side, at least Mark took it well, and gave us an entertaining game. Just a shame it turned out to be a comedy of errors!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:42 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Mark 01/10

Ugh.
What a complete desecration of the Mark name.

without question.

IMO, this should not have aired.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:55 am    Author: daniel4389    Post subject: Re: Mark 01/10

Should not have aired? Despite the fact that it was one of the most exciting, interesting and entertaining games for absolutely ages? Would it not completely defeat the purpose of the programme if they just didn't air any games that didn't end well?

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:45 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Mark 01/10

Spent a lot of the game trying to think who Mark sounded like, think it might be this guy

http://uk.imdb.com/character/ch0030923/

I don't mean the actor Timothy Spall I'm referring to the voice he uses when he plays that charector.

Thought Mark was great, hadn't really taken much notice of him until yesterday when he called a strike during Meena's game :laughing and i was surprised when he was called up, guess i just hadn't realised he'd been on the wings that long

Anyway a total trainwreck, with the nightmare finale, still at least he can boast to having made a unique deal i suppose.
Kudos to him for taking it so well, especially given how quickly the game collapsed.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:01 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Mark 01/10

Certainly an interesting game with terrible luck. To crash to the Banker's dream finish after the possibility of having offers reaching over £60,000 earlier in the game is just such a contrast, but to wipe out £400,000 in one round was just horrible luck. At least Mark didn't seem to take it too badly when the game went wrong, which is good.

In a way I guess that's why it'd be better to have a train wreck from the start rather than in the middle of a game. At least you don't get your hopes built up only for them to come crashing down after one round.

I never actually noticed that "squashdown" noise effect (but of course I went to have a listen :lol: ) and I agree it sounded like a softer effect of the £250,000 with a little "boom" when the values went down. I guess the sound was (or could be) used to signify the "dropping" of the values when they "bang" together. The effect sounded very quiet though and it didn't seem to be in Pete's game today. So i'm not sure whether yesterday was a one off or perhaps they're planning to introduce a sound effect on a more permanent basis to signify the squashdown.

[ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]