Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue May 24, 2022 9:40 am Last visit was: Tue May 24, 2022 9:40 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:12 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Nick 29/09

Warnings: 0
A good game today, some way better offers too!

As for when he said he'd love to be on television, I'm sure he's been on EastEnders a lot during the last few years...he's a bloody spitting image of Keith Miller! :lol:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:27 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Nick 29/09

This must be the shortest game thread at this time of day since early 06! :)

I wasn't sure about the deal he took, it wasn't unreasonable but I'd have wanted 15k to be sure. I think undeal at 5-box would certainly have been more interesting that the inflated £17,500 (even Kenny only got 16k on that board and he was one of the biggest Wakeyists of recent-ish times! :) ). Even Charlie got that with 5k there as well in the era where offers were at their highest!!

I think maybe an undeal has more chance of being taken if it's not at 2-box. (Just as well it wasn't today though!)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:09 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Nick 29/09

A decent enough show to start off the week. £11,000 was a nice offer, but I did think there was another round in the game at least. Even if Nick didn't have the all blue round and get the guaranteed offer of £30,000, as promised by the Banker, there was still a chance of getting a good offer at 5-box as long as you didn't hit the £100,000 and/or £50,000. With perhaps the Banker offering a lifeline (as the Banker calls it) to stick at £11,000 or there about (in live play anyway).

The Banker also made the promise of £30,000 if Nick had an all blue round only. So when Nick discovered the £1,000 Noel was relieved, but as the £1,000 is pretty much considered a blue then surely it wouldn't have had much impact on the 5-box offer anyway (£26k-£28k as the offer instead?). Unless of course the Banker would of made a derisory offer just for hitting the £1,000.

Profile E-mail  

alex xxx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:09 am    Author: alex xxx    Post subject: Re: Nick 29/09

Nick played a fantastic game and his family means so much to him, that there was no was he was leaving that £11,000 although he wanted to go on he knew he couldnt risk it. I was sooooooo pleased he took the money and having spoken to him the other day he is happy and was looking forwards to his tv debut. His game was hilarious i was in stitches! its just a pity they have to edit it out, i would love to watch the unedited versions of some shows again! for example petes game coming up is literally side splitting! well done nick, right deal for you at the right time!

Profile E-mail  

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:37 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Nick 29/09

Not a bad game, that 8 box deal was a tough call, and it's a shame he didn't go one more round but at the end of the day he made a healthy profit on his box and that's what matters.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:06 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Nick 29/09

alex xxx wrote:
Nick played a fantastic game and his family means so much to him, that there was no was he was leaving that £11,000 although he wanted to go on he knew he couldnt risk it. I was sooooooo pleased he took the money and having spoken to him the other day he is happy and was looking forwards to his tv debut. His game was hilarious i was in stitches! its just a pity they have to edit it out, i would love to watch the unedited versions of some shows again! for example petes game coming up is literally side splitting! well done nick, right deal for you at the right time!

There is a forum member who has commented on Pete's game in the spoilers thread; he didn't just comment on what he won, but also the entertainment in it: "what a funny bloke though, one of the most entertaining games iv seen!"

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  
 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]