Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:00 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:00 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Tom22

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:54 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Sheila 26/09

Warnings: 0
Ooooh gutted.

Stats after Round 6
Offer: £70,007
Mean: £125,025.00
Offer (%): 55.99%
Fair Deal: £64,280.27
Cash left on board: £250,050.00
Volatility: 5000.00
Board balance: 6

Board
£50

£250,000

Guide to Stats

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

ralphie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:54 pm    Author: ralphie    Post subject: Re: Sheila 26/09

ooooh

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:54 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: Sheila 26/09

Another massive oppertunity chucked away!!!

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:55 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Sheila 26/09

Oh, what a relief! :o :)

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:55 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: Sheila 26/09
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Noel asks Sheila if she would ahve taken the SWAP, and she wouldn't

Noel opens box 12 and reveals £50 :D

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:56 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: Sheila 26/09
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Pauline with box 22 has the £250,000

Noel makes a big thing about it being the death box again...

ralphie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:56 pm    Author: ralphie    Post subject: Re: Sheila 26/09

happy for her, you can never tell really she did the right thing :|

greeny

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:57 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: Sheila 26/09

If he's going on about the death box and the 250k, he's talking nonsense, that's the first time 22 has had the 250k in season 4.

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:58 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Sheila 26/09

Well, we nearly had a disaster there

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:58 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Sheila 26/09
Administrator & Global Moderator

We had the potential for the 3rd hypo swap in a week there. :shock:

A feel-good "heart-warming" show today. Sheila was a nice character and it was an enjoyable show. Shame she didn't go one more but it could've easily ended up as a trainwreck if she'd no dealt, which wouldn't have been great - at least she won some significant money.

JamesC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:04 pm    Author: JamesC    Post subject: Re: Sheila 26/09

Well that was one of my favourite games. Sheila was a wonderful character and will be greatly missed by all of the other contestants I think. Would have loved her to have that £70,007 offer but glad that she only had £50 to the end. A good game after Jas' game yesterday, where frankly he didn't seem a bit interested to be there. Not just because he went away with a low amount but you know what I mean, there was no real enthusiasm like Sheila had today.

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:04 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Sheila 26/09

h2005 wrote:
We had the potential for the 3rd hypo swap in a week there. :shock:

At least Shelia had sense to not swap after dealing :)

KP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:10 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Sheila 26/09
International Forums Moderator

Another Trevor-esque final five, and isn't it interesting that they're all dealing amounts we used to consider a joke on it?

These situations are definitely the kind where the economic climate has been critical - on a board like this the disaster situation is staring at you in the face, but with the influence of the jackpot looming large as well, the offers always have to be significant enough for the player to be terrified of losing it. That took a lot more in 2005-7, the era of no-hassle 'low'-interest loans and consumerist excess, than it does in the aftermath of the collapse of that bubble.

For what it's worth, I'd need more than Sheila took to walk away from such a situation - but, it must be said, not all that much more. I can't criticise her for taking it, not in this economic climate that's for sure.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:52 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Sheila 26/09

Excellnt points there KP. I know the deal Shiela took will probably be about a year's wages after tax for me, and if my job ever became unstable it would become a wonderfully attractive sum - but also thinking of the possible 70k if the 250k remained to 2-box would have me more upset as missing out on that!

The fact that the offers have to be enough to the terrified of losing it is particularly significant with the 250k in play; offers of similar generosity on 5-box boards like this one with the jackpot replaced by 100k or 75k which will be in the low-mid 4-figures just get brushed off without a second thought most of the time!

Oh and I though the stick was a decent offer in relative terms due to the fact she had two safety nets at 8-box rather than one, and lost both of them. Usually I'd be very disappointed with a stick after keeping the big money without its safety net if there was only one there! (Compare Sheila's 8-box board with say Emjay's, and you see what I mean!) :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

taff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:48 pm    Author: taff    Post subject: Re: Sheila 26/09

A very enjoyable show to watch live, much better than yesterday's! Of the 6 in my party, I was the only one who would have no-dealt at 5 box, but don't think I would have taken the risk at the final offer!

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:59 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Sheila 26/09

Very enjoyable game, Sheila had a real passion for the game and was completely justified in Dealing at 5 box given it was a one box game, without even a moderate back up,

Shame she couldn't have found the big one in that final round and completely vindicated her decision but that's the way it goes sometimes

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:36 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Sheila 26/09

A nice show with a nice player. Sheila seemed like a genuinely nice person and I can see why she was chosen to be the mummy of the group. Apart from Sheila's striking resemblance to a certain someone I also thought that Sheila made some good comments on the wings (of the parts we saw) to other players.

I liked the little Bond touches they made during the show and whilst it's a shame that Sheila did miss out on the mega-money I can understand why she dealt when she did. I think the fact the Banker stuck as well made the offer seem more tempting also because he could of easily lowered it a little at that stage. Jas was in a similar situation when the Banker said he would of offered £10,000.

But never mind Dame Sheila i'm sure the latest Bond film that releases at the end of October (31st) earned you a bit of money. ;)

[ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]