Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:25 pm Last visit was: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:25 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

alex xxx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:33 pm    Author: alex xxx    Post subject: Re: Martyne 23/09

Warnings: 0
that was a really good game to watch in the dream factory. to have a start like that given what had recently been seen was a fantastic boost for everyone and was the start of things to come positivity wise! :-D

Profile E-mail  

Kaledmutant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:38 pm    Author: Kaledmutant    Post subject: Re: Martyne 23/09

Personally I felt she played a good game and was very happy with her winnings. She had a good run and capitalised on a good amount of money, which would be very nice in anyone's bank! She was happy and beautiful and the fact her fiancé asked for her father's permission was quite touching.

BTW h2005 the pic was her [b]DAD[b] and her brother (not her husband)

And she spank the banker too, despite the potential offer of £80k.

Daisy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:51 pm    Author: Daisy    Post subject: Re: Martyne 23/09

Kaledmutant wrote:
BTW h2005 the pic was her [b]DAD[b] and her brother (not her husband)

Oh for shame Kaledmutant! You forgot to close your HTML tag! :lol:

Anyway great game, Martyne was cool. That's exactly what we need at the minute - an easy money win. 80K would have been great especially since she would've swapped her box but I'd have taken the £18,000 as well.

Sure, you can come up with just the right paragraph that would exactly and candidly reflect the precise emotional descriptors you wished to be utilized in communicating your ever present and meticulously cultivated thoughts. Or you can just swear.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence and insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Daisyed & Confused
Proud receiver of Maudy hugs.

Profile E-mail  

jonny

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:55 pm    Author: jonny    Post subject: Re: Martyne 23/09

I have to say, Martyne was really likeable in that episode - it's not that I didn't like her on the wings, but she came across as much warmer in real life - and I'm glad she got £18k

I just hate that hypothetical swap *beep*... :roll:

23rd, 24th and 25th of July 2008 (Adam, Helen, William) recorded 7th April 2008

18th, 19th and 20th May 2009 (Cath, Sean, Lynne) recorded 4th February 2009

10th, 11th and 13th December 2009 recorded 4th June 2009

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:07 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: Martyne 23/09
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

jonny wrote:
I just hate that hypothetical swap *beep*... :roll:

They are annoying when the player deals on the final offer and then Noel plays out the hypothetical swap, but I find them totally pointless when like today Martyne had dealt earlier in the game and then even tells Noel that she would have dealt the final offer, so there was absolutely no way she would have made it to opening her box and faced a potential swap!

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:41 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Martyne 23/09
Administrator & Global Moderator

The start of the game was certainly the best we've seen in ages, certainly the best of Season 4 and (if Noel's right) the best of 2008 so far! I thought she was going to bail out at the 3rd offer actually, which would've been a shame on such a good board. Her deal was rather weak but luckily she got away with it... although the offer should've really been about £8k - £10k more at the point she dealt.

The past four shows seem to have been very swappy - Lisa swapped her box at the start, Paul was offered the swap at the start and Chris and now Martyne had the hypo swap at the end. As others have said, the hypo swap is rather pointless, especially when the player would have definitely dealt earlier anyway!

I tend to base the "quality" of a deal (or no deal) based on what the board was like at the point of dealing / no dealing, what the offer was like in terms of generosity etc. What's in the players box is fairly irrelevant from then on for me, apart from whether it provides a feel good "banker spa.nking" or not. I think Noel tends to place too much emphasis on what was in the player's box, especially when they'd have definitely dealt beforehand (like today). Still it provided a feel-good ending - endings which are luckily becoming more common after the appauling luck at the end of August and first half of September.

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:42 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Martyne 23/09

One of the most confusing games ever, but I think the banker played it really well by low-balling the 3rd offer so that the 18k appeared better than it really was. It would have been "Come back Richard, all is forgiven" time if she'd dealt the £16,500!

Still she was stunning and really sweet so I'd prefer that result to a trainwreck any day!

She'd have dealt at 5-box for less anyway, so I guess we should at least be please that didn;t happene ither! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:14 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Martyne 23/09

One of the strongest games in a while, but still rubbish offers (apart from the hypo £80k). I did think Martyne should of gone on at least one more round with the 3 little red blocks she had at the time (1k & 3k, £15k & 20k, £100k & £250k) making for a board much more in her favour than the Banker's.

I don't know why the Banker had to phone up at 5-box to say what the offer would be, if the £250,000 remained, after Martyne had dealt the round before. It just seemed pointless. I know the Banker often does that in live play now, but I don't remember him doing it in prove-out.

As for the deal Martyne obviously felt it was the right deal at the time for, though she did seem rather desperate to find the high reds to prove that indeed it was. Which in the end it wasn't as she could of had £80,000 or £250,000, but she would of swapped so it would of been £1,000, but then she would of dealt the £80,000 anyway and so there was no need for a swap and so really had the £250,000......... :? :)

Profile E-mail  

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:16 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Martyne 23/09

Really liked Martyne, she had a real feisty attitude that made for an entertaining game (shaping up to be a good week) Doesn't surprise me that she works in recruitment, In my old job i dealt with a lot of temping agencies and the women who work in those places are all exactly like Martyne. :!:

Superb game, amazing board,thought the bankers 8 box offer was brilliantly pitched, I expected him to stick or drop to £15k same as Martyne did but by going up he really made it tempting, and to be honest with only 3 boxes higher it was well worth considering.

It's a shame she turned out to be sitting on the big one because i really wanted that to be the perfect deal. Still very satisfying though.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:24 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Martyne 23/09

A great game, but still a great reluctance to high offers being made unless it's a £250,000 risk at 2-box!

Nevertheless, a technical OBW but so what - she never would have got her hands on either of the last two amounts coz she would have gone at £80,000, as would I!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

StatsMan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:32 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: Martyne 23/09

What is it with these hypothetical swaps lately? They're just really getting on my nerves. She had dealt 2 rounds before, so why suddenly is the swap brought into the equation? It was another attempt to skew the result in the player's favour, but there is no disguising that she had £250,000 on the table.

I mean honestly... so, she'd have turned down £80,000 (after dealing £18,000 which was poor for the board :roll:), a far more generous offer than she accepted, and then she'd have risked giving away £250,000 for £1,000, because 5 was her 'lucky number'. How could you give with yourself?! It's easy to say you would swap with no pressure, but another matter when you're actually facing that decision.

Once a deal has been made, essentially your active participation in the game is over, short of a banker's gamble. And that should be it. Quite frankly, she didn't deserve an indulgent swap for the shockingly poor deal she took, but that's by the by...

Profile E-mail  

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:33 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Martyne 23/09

I'm not a huge fan of the hypothetical swap but if the £250,000 stays in place until the end of the game then we know that a swap would have been offered in active play, it's guaranteed. Under those circumstances whether the player would or wouldn't have swapped is as important as the final offer, Whether Noel actually has to go to the trouble of actually acting out the swap is another matter.

[ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]