Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:48 pm Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:48 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

KP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:56 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Lisa 19/09
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
It wasn't even random selection this time!!!

This just about sums up the luck at the moment. We get a six-figure sum to the table with a Wakeyist and she swaps it for an orange.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:02 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Lisa 19/09

KP wrote:
This just about sums up the luck at the moment. We get a six-figure sum to the table with a Wakeyist and she swaps it for an orange.

Yep, disgraceful! :x

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:06 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Lisa 19/09

killersbee wrote:
KP wrote:

Yep, disgraceful! :x

You wouldn't be saying that if she swapped £5,000 for £100,000.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:07 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Lisa 19/09

Congrats to Lisa. The game can't be classified as an Epic Win or an Banana Sandwich, but at least she won something good out of her special box. Box 23 will stay on the shelf today. I think it needed a bit of a rest anyway, especially after so many Epic Failures.

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:18 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Lisa 19/09
Administrator & Global Moderator

Quite a fun show today with all the poems and stuff. But how many times is it know that a player has relied on a box which is a dead relative's birthday date, only for it to go pear shaped? Orry swapped away £100k on the basis of his dead brother's birthday, Lisa did the same today with her father (albeit at the start of the game rather than the end) and I'm sure there are other examples. I've always thought it's dodgy swapping for such boxes. Whilst it might spur the player on (as it did with Lisa in the early stages of the game) it could ultimately end up making things worse if it turns out they swapped a large sum away (as happened today).

At least the banker made a healthy offer at the end which could've easily been dealt, and luckily the "faith" Lisa put in the box she swapped for paid off to the tune of £5,000. It could've been a lot worse, but had she not swapped I suspect we'd have either had a large 2-box deal today, or even a £100k box win. Even if she'd left her original box to the end we'd have at least had some sort of dramatic finish with a final 2 of £5,000 and £100,000, even if it was a PJ style "no money, only a swap" offer!

KP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:30 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Lisa 19/09
International Forums Moderator

I was reading about Zahida's game earlier, and looking through her thread. She had that finish!! That was a forgotten classic to say the least - big decisions all the way through and she turned down some £20k+ dealable offers to then walk away at two-box, which is the kind of thing I LOVE!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

jonny

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:21 pm    Author: jonny    Post subject: Re: Lisa 19/09

If she hadn't swapped, I bet she'd have got to the end with her 100k box and either £50 and £5,000 - then either accepted an offer of about £25k and have missed out on a lot more, or no dealt, swapped - and won either a blue, or the £5k she got anyway.

I really enjoyed the game - it was a shame Lisa didn't manage to get mega money, but she left with a chunky sum nonetheless. I also have to say (and not just because she's a member here), but I cannot believe that Lisa has a son and a daughter of their age - she looks far too young!

23rd, 24th and 25th of July 2008 (Adam, Helen, William) recorded 7th April 2008

18th, 19th and 20th May 2009 (Cath, Sean, Lynne) recorded 4th February 2009

10th, 11th and 13th December 2009 recorded 4th June 2009

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:04 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Lisa 19/09

jonny wrote:
I also have to say (and not just because she's a member here), but I cannot believe that Lisa has a son and a daughter of their age - she looks far too young!

I was going to mention that actually. They looked as though they were about 15 (did Noel / Lisa say their ages?), and I thought Lisa looked too young to have children that age. In fact, do we know her age?! :P

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:08 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Lisa 19/09

Fridays seem to be providing all the most interesting games of Season 4 don't they? What a roller-coaster that was!

Can't criticise the swap at all - if 18, the box she really wanted had had the 100k and she'd refused to swap for it, that would have been just as regretful as what she actually did, and there are a lot worse sums than 5k to swap for. It actually felt like quite a hard-earned 5k in the end, since the last three offers were all worth a lot less than that! And if she'd had that box all along, we wouldn't even have batted an eyelid at which box the 100k was in (well except Wakey anyway) :)!!

Ironic with all the Matty and PJ references - if PJ had played today, he's have had 100k at the table (I think I'm pretty safe in assuming she wouldn't have swapped 4 away if he originally had it), and Matty swapped for 17 which today had the 250k - and he didn;t seem like the type who'd deal for a sum in the teens with it still in play, even if he might not have COMPLETELY wakeyed it....

Still a good dramatic show, Lisa must have been older than I thought she was given how old her kids were on the photos (I thought she was 26 and her kids looked about 13 or so! :shock: ) , and I'm pleased they only kept the interesting poems in from the wingers (especially Chris's)!!

Enjoy that 5k Lisa, hope you stay around on the forums too!!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Wendy47

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:19 pm    Author: Wendy47    Post subject: Re: Lisa 19/09

Believe it or not Lisa is 40 (I know she won't mind me saying) and doesn't she look fantastic!
Lisa has been so worried about how her game would come across, cause she swapped the box, and I for one, think she did brilliantly!

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:21 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Lisa 19/09

Was there a gap between when Lisa said about feeling as though she'd let her children down and the phone call from the banker? Because she suddenly seemed to go from crying to laughing at the banker's poem... which I thought was a rather cruel literary work!

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:26 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Lisa 19/09

Blimey, I'm 30 and I thought Lisa was younger than me!!! :shock:

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

lisa lashes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:54 pm    Author: lisa lashes    Post subject: Re: Lisa 19/09

h2005 wrote:
Was there a gap between when Lisa said about feeling as though she'd let her children down and the phone call from the banker? Because she suddenly seemed to go from crying to laughing at the banker's poem... which I thought was a rather cruel literary work!

haha no there wasnt a gap,i was feeling very emotional as u could see but 4sum reason when the banker said that and everyone was booing him it made me laugh!!...and just to confirm ages,im 40,my daughter is 17 and my son is 14,oh and i use nivea Q10 anti wrinkle cream!! :laughing xx

kevouston

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:13 am    Author: kevouston    Post subject: Re: Lisa 19/09

Lisa

I'm a happily married 45 year old man but i've never ever wanted anyone to win mega money more than today. I love you and the way you went about your game. You're a top bird (and gorgeous with it)

Kev
xxx

lisa lashes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:39 am    Author: lisa lashes    Post subject: Re: Lisa 19/09

kevouston wrote:
Lisa

I'm a happily married 45 year old man but i've never ever wanted anyone to win mega money more than today. I love you and the way you went about your game. You're a top bird (and gorgeous with it)

Kev
xxx

oh my god,when i read this my eyes welled up! what a lovely thing to say,thankyou so much xxx

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:23 am    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: Lisa 19/09

Well what can I say about that game........what a rollercoaster it was.

Thought for a while that yet another of my favourite contestants was going to have a disaster result but you got a decent sum of money at the end of it all.

Well done Lisa on an enjoyable game and a £5,000 win......wish it could have been more....but you did what was right for you with the box 18 swap and going to the end.

Your kids will be proud of you I am sure.

Jim xx

lisa lashes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:19 pm    Author: lisa lashes    Post subject: Re: Lisa 19/09

granitecitybino wrote:
Well what can I say about that game........what a rollercoaster it was.

Thought for a while that yet another of my favourite contestants was going to have a disaster result but you got a decent sum of money at the end of it all.

Well done Lisa on an enjoyable game and a £5,000 win......wish it could have been more....but you did what was right for you with the box 18 swap and going to the end.

Your kids will be proud of you I am sure.

Jim xx

thanx jim,as always,appreciated xx

James1978

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:29 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Lisa 19/09

One spooky thought that's just occurred to me....Lisa and Wendy have been the two biggest contributing contestants to the forum lately and they both won the same amount from the same box......the only difference is Wendy orignally drew box 18! :)

Wendy47

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:20 pm    Author: Wendy47    Post subject: Re: Lisa 19/09

James, me and Lisa both commented on that last night. Spooky eh.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:31 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Lisa 19/09

A brilliant game, only denied more money by the luck you had Lisa - yet it still got you to a very well deserved £5,000! Well played! xxx

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

[ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]