Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:40 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:40 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:35 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Lisa 19/09

Warnings: 0
Well done Lisa! :-D

lisa lashes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:28 pm    Author: lisa lashes    Post subject: Re: Lisa 19/09

just want to make sure iv thanked everyone 4all their kind messages and support during my time on dond and 4my game,i know there will always be a debate where swapping your box is concerned but my dad meant so much to me and so therefore box 18,his birthday,was the only one i ever wanted with me at the table so altho i gave away the 100grand 4it i have no regrets whatsoever,im 5grand richer,had the most amazing time,made very special friends and money cannot buy any of those xxx

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:57 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Lisa 19/09

Exactly.

Wakey was obsessed with box 4
SrWilson was obsessed with box 22 though he said he would never swap for it...
Greeny will always leave box 11 to the end and then swap for it, if not already on the table.
I would always leave box 2 to the end and then swap for it, if not already on the table.

Add more if need be ;) but yes, just like 18 meant loads to Lisa, a few of us have numbers that mean something to us as well, and would at least to some extent have them involved in the latter stages of their game should they ever get on the show.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:07 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Lisa 19/09

A first game swap always provides an interesting twist to an episode, as this game proved. If you do swap then you always have that doubt in your mind about what you original box contained and as such you want to open it just to see what it was you had (or I would as it would bother me). I think it's just confirmed for me that i'd never want to swap my box now (especially at the start) as I would hate the feeling of giving away big money. However, if you have such a strong feeling for a box then I guess you'd equally regret not swapping for it and then finding out that it contained big money.

Thankfully Lisa didn't end up with a blue at the end and managed to get at least £5,000 out of the game. Well done Lisa on £5,000, just a shame it wasn't more.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:25 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Lisa 19/09

Big-Davey wrote:
Wakey was obsessed with box 4
SrWilson was obsessed with box 22 though he said he would never swap for it...
Greeny will always leave box 11 to the end and then swap for it, if not already on the table.
I would always leave box 2 to the end and then swap for it, if not already on the table.

Don't forget KP, he would always swap no matter what the box number is ;)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:48 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Lisa 19/09

I was on about box numbers, not strategies.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:15 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Lisa 19/09
International Forums Moderator

Lisa played as though she always had Box 18 on the table. The initial presentation of a six-figure Box 4 on the table made it feel worse than it was.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:02 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Lisa 19/09

That was an exciting and memorable game, it seems ages since we had an opening round swap offered let alone accepted and it's always interesting to see not just what the player ends up bringing to the table but what they give away as well.

Lisa really was unlucky in giving up such a high value box and i suppose we should be grateful the swap came at the top of the game, imagine if she'd kept box 18 till the end and then been offered the swap. :shock:

Still respect to Lisa for playing the game with heart, I'm sure your kids are proud of you.

From a personal POV though i have to say sorry, but i preferred Morris's poems :oops: Please don't hold it against me

jonny

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:37 pm    Author: jonny    Post subject: Re: Lisa 19/09

Lisa's 40?! Oh. my. God. That's just ridiculous - she looks so much younger...I'm talking 20s, people :shock: Anyway, well done again Lisa :)

23rd, 24th and 25th of July 2008 (Adam, Helen, William) recorded 7th April 2008

18th, 19th and 20th May 2009 (Cath, Sean, Lynne) recorded 4th February 2009

10th, 11th and 13th December 2009 recorded 4th June 2009

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:38 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Lisa 19/09

jonny wrote:
Lisa's 40?! Oh. my. God. That's just ridiculous - she looks so much younger...I'm talking 20s, people :shock: Anyway, well done again Lisa :)

I thought the exact thing too, so you're not alone! :P :lol:

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:16 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Lisa 19/09

I refuse to believe that Lisa is 40. She certainly does not look her age at all! My guess was 25 initially.
You know what,Wendy doesn't look her age either, for that matter :) .

jonny

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:00 pm    Author: jonny    Post subject: Re: Lisa 19/09

Yeah, I agree with 25. And I've seen her in real life...I'm never estimating people's ages again! :laughing

23rd, 24th and 25th of July 2008 (Adam, Helen, William) recorded 7th April 2008

18th, 19th and 20th May 2009 (Cath, Sean, Lynne) recorded 4th February 2009

10th, 11th and 13th December 2009 recorded 4th June 2009

[ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]