Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:17 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:17 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

alex xxx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:26 am    Author: alex xxx    Post subject: Re: Lee 17/09

Warnings: 0
Simon F wrote:
After Noel's comments at the beginning of the show about each game being indepedent from each other, I presume that's the last we'll hear of "the curse of the newbie" and "Box 22 - the death box".

i wouldnt bet on it!

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:20 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Lee 17/09

That was such a lovely sweet victory, and you could tell how much the money actually meant to Lee and his wife (in fact the banker could probably have bought him out for half that given his reactions when Noel was teasing him over the offer)

I like games like this one, because the amount won has such personal significance for the player, and because it proved to be the perfect deal - i think if it had panned out like the last couple of games and he'd lost out on real life changing money I'd have been gutted for him

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:39 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: Lee 17/09

That's more like it. An OPW! Hurrah!

Lee was a very likeable chap who I'm glad won a decent sum of money. £12,000 was around what I'd be looking for on that board.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:35 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Lee 17/09

A good result from a rather generous 5-box offer compared to what we have seen recently. In fact I was surprised the Banker went up as much as he did because it looked like that Lee was going to deal at £4,000 (which he did admit he nearly did at the end) and so i'm sure the Banker could of got away with offering £6,000+. It was clear though as soon as Noel, eventually, revealed the offer that Lee was going to take it and the money obviously meant a lot to him. It also proved to be the right thing to do, so even better.

Wendy47

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:22 pm    Author: Wendy47    Post subject: Re: Lee 17/09

I thought Lee played a blinder! I was really pleased for him, he deserved it!
Really nice couple and I can't wait to see them, hope they've enough left to get the beers in.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:29 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject: Re: Lee 17/09

Typical, the one game I forgot to record and it was the only OPW...still I have absolutely no idea who Lee was from the wings so I'm not particularly bothered...

[ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]