Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:25 pm Last visit was: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:25 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:00 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09

Warnings: 0
But do you see what I meant about removing £250,000 from the board?

KP

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:02 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09
International Forums Moderator

No. That's still stupid. Far more than this Deal ever could be, and I don't rate this Deal much from a statistical perspective!

Please just quit the show now... you've threatened it enough, you've got a clear breaking point now, use it. We won't miss you.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:05 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09
Forum Games Moderator

In my opinion, the deal was decent. It was a very dangerous board, and a 1 in 5 chance of winning the big one. She was just unlucky enough to have the quarter-mil in her box, as well as she was unprepared to go home with a low amount.

So Melanie, shame you didn't win the £250,000, but the game was enjoyable with the Mexican Wave :P and congratulations on £10,000. Hope you buy a good minibus!

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:05 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09
Administrator & Global Moderator

If only I had £1 for every time someone's threatened to stop watching the show. :roll: I'd make £250,000 easily without ever needing to apply to go on DOND.

Today's show was alright - not as good as previous ones but the offer of £10k on that board was very poor I thought, especially when Ray got £15k yesterday on an almost identical board. I was hoping she'd no deal and we'd have a tense final round, but it wasn't to be.

At least she knew what she wanted and she got it... but in terms of gameplay it was not a good decision (and I'm not just saying that because she had £250k in her box - the moment she said "deal" I thought it wasn't good).

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:06 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09

I was expecting £65,000 with that 2-box board, seeing £50,000 come up was a bit rubbish

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:07 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09

Noel and the contestants: If you see a bright light, walk towards it. I'm in the river aside the studio with a huge lantern. You'll be able to see me from where you are.

It's clearly time to pull the plug, and watch it all just disappear, like it has done pretty much all year. Such a shame... :(

Last edited by Aaron Brock on Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maud

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:08 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09

h2005 wrote:
If only I had £1 for every time someone's threatened to stop watching the show. :roll: I'd make £250,000 easily without ever needing to apply to go on DOND.

I REFUSE TO WATCH THE SHOW ANYMORE

travis P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:10 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09

h2005 wrote:

That's why back in May I mentioned these people are threatening not watch the show will still watch it as it's got that temptation people will see the next the show. One viewer isn't going to affect much. It got 1.8 million yesterday but it won the timeslot, beating the other four channels and digital.

Back to today. Some people thought £10,000 was crap but it was enough to sell her box. As quotted yesterday.

KP on yesterday wrote:
Well, that's the thing. If the Banker can buy the box for £15,000, why offer £20,000? Of course, when he miscalculates, like he did with Laura...

I suspect if it was another time in the year, it would've been more. The Banker now knows after the last few weeks the contestants are scared to leave with a small amount.

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:11 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09

Well she can get a mini bus, a cheap one (well maybe not, as don't know how much they go for) but with the £250k could have been a very posh one.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:12 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09

Let's give credit to the Banker then - he played a blinder. I think we should all be able to agree on that one.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:13 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09
Forum Games Moderator

We await Mad Mark's Box 23 with the blue tag. ;)

Profile E-mail  

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:13 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09

I think this game should introduce the Cash Countdown from Catchphrase after this, so after the offer is given, the offer money decreses £20 each second, and watch them dither and it' gets low and they go on, or they desperately ask for the question, and Noel begins reading a newspaper or something :lol:

KP

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:13 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09

Skyline356 wrote:

The comments are going to be worth reading...

Aaron Brock: best comedy suggestion ever.

travis P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:15 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09

KP wrote:
Skyline356 wrote:

The comments are going to be worth reading...

Aaron Brock: best comedy suggestion ever.

He's probably stunned in silence for a good hour.

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:15 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09

travis P wrote:
The Banker now knows after the last few weeks the contestants are scared to leave with a small amount.

I agree with this, and it's because of the bad luck that started since Jan 2008 (Bar Betty) and it hasn't stopped until yesterday, these players just don't have it in them anymore and are willing to deal, no matter what the board looks like or how rubbish the offer is :?

I think it is high time they hired a Statsman for DOND

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:18 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09

Aaron Brock wrote:
I think this game should introduce the Cash Countdown from Catchphrase after this, so after the offer is given, the offer money decreses £20 each second, and watch them dither and it' gets low and they go on, or they desperately ask for the question, and Noel begins reading a newspaper or something :lol:

Now that would be a good idea, it would help with the player's courage as well :)

alex xxx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:18 pm    Author: alex xxx    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09

i think that the whole point of the game is to do a good deal, or from the point of veiw of the banker to sell the box for the smallest amount possible, and that is wahat he has done 2 days on a row now, so although from the contestant point of view it wasnt right. melanie was really happy with her money and didn't really regret it so i suppose that you guys love it when things go perfectly but given that the game is played 6 times in a week, things arent going to go perfectly every time. this show and rays were filmed in the same day so for the 250,000 to appear in consecutive games, not even on the following day it was fairly inconceivable for us to think that it could be there twice in a few hours! but well done melanie! :-D

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:23 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09

I understand about a players need for some money and not caring the £250,000, which is no surprise that only 30 out of over 800 players have blown the chance to win it

There has been only one game that I didn't think the £250,000 was worth paying attention and that was Claudine's deal at £107,031

Rockjack

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:43 pm    Author: Rockjack    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09

hmm maybe the contestants know they dont get offered as much as they used to with 250k in the last 5 boxes in play so deal..

im hating these low offers at 5 box with the 250k stillin play,people i guess will deal as they think they be offered around 10-15k with 250k in play and dont want nothing..they should be rewarded more for taking 250k to 5 box.. arr

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:12 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09

The show was was at least entertaining with a fun intro and various random things through out such as the Mexican wave and Noel acting a bit bizarre (no change there then :P ). As for the deal, it was again similar to yesterday's with Ray, but on a slightly worse scale. Making this the biggest Banker victory ever.

It is a bit annoying though when the £250,000 has been on the table for 2 days in a row and no-one has got to 2-box with it in play, but when people do go for it they end up finding it in the final round. I think the fact it was on the table yesterday made Melanie thing that it most probably wouldn't be there again.

I'm guessing Endemol are breathing a sigh of relief though that they've only had to pay out £25,000 over the last 2 days instead of £125,000 had both Ray & Melanie got to 2-box. Even more so that they could of potentially had to pay out £500,000 in 2 days (though highly unlikely).

Profile E-mail  
 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]