Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue May 17, 2022 10:51 pm Last visit was: Tue May 17, 2022 10:51 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Lewis246

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:15 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09

Warnings: 0
Mark wrote:
STUPID WOMAN.

Again, would you have said that if she'd taken out the QM in the final round? Probably not. It wasn't a good offer for the board, but with a configuration like that you can't really blame her for playing safe.

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:38 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09
Administrator & Global Moderator

I suppose the good thing about the past 2 games is that we're instantly out of "worst week ever" territory.

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:44 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09
International Forums Moderator

In terms of money, absolutely! :)

Also, isn't the forum much calmer without the Three Wakeyteers? This thread would have been at ten pages with them!!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:49 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09

I'm just really wishing that Stuart and Wendy who played last Mon & Tues had swapped games with Ray & Melanie this week, all four would have had fantastic results (I know we can't say for definite that they would have done the same had they played each other's games, but they were similar enough to be a more than odds-on chance)! I'm sure last week's players would have got to 2-box and Ray and Mel would have sold low value boxes for their deals.

I'd be happy to risk 10k with 250k on the board even with a high chance of going home with something really low, but I can't blame anyone who wouldn't, it's just frustrating the wrong people are getting the wrong games, and I think more people will be encourage to go for it and the luck runs out and we'll have arun of blues again. :(

Really liked her as well, though she was never going to be as good as her namesake. Just as well she didn't deal the third offer as well!! ;-)

Another thing I don't get is why Noel is so obsessed with whether the player would have swapped or not if they get a 250k/something else last pair in proveout, and pays no interest whatsoever in if they would have dealt at 2-box! Surely asking Melanie what she'd have done at the 50k offer is more relevant than the swap, particularly is I find it highly unlikely anyone would risk swapping it away! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:52 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09

KP wrote:
In terms of money, absolutely! :)

Also, isn't the forum much calmer without the Three Wakeyteers? This thread would have been at ten pages with them!!

The bannings would have only been delayed by a couple of weeks. :D

I always think that if original Melanie's game had happened in 2008 rather than 2006 when it was Wakey v everybody, I reckon I'd have got banned defending her against those three, as I tend to do so more vehemently when i really like the contestant!!! (But that game wouldn't have happened in 2008 as she'd have been offered less than 30k, less than Richard anyway as her board was worse - probably high teens I reckon!)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:02 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09

Another day, another
Will Box 23 ever have a red Epic Win label inside? Hopefully, but not if stuff like this keeps happening.

And if you think this is bad, last night's DoND USA was 1,000 times worse. It was so bad, I refused to recap it.

P.S., where did SrWilson and basicasic go? I haven't seen new posts from them in several weeks now. Lord knows how they'd have reacted to this...

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:13 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09

Oh dear. :roll:

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:26 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09

cookie_monster wrote:
Oh dear. :roll:

I'm assuming they went the way of wakey1512 for their Wakeyist antics, some of which seemed more like pressure tactics. Would I be correct in my assumption?

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:28 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09

I was saying that about today's game.

Wendy47

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:29 pm    Author: Wendy47    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09

James, Stuart and I would have definitely got down to the last two boxes! I'm gutted that the good luck has finally returned and is not being taken advantage of.
Still good luck to Ray and Melanie, they are really lovely people and I know they were happy with their wins.

Profile E-mail  

jonny

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:19 pm    Author: jonny    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09

Ouch - I really liked Melanie and Ray...what painful outcomes for them both...

23rd, 24th and 25th of July 2008 (Adam, Helen, William) recorded 7th April 2008

18th, 19th and 20th May 2009 (Cath, Sean, Lynne) recorded 4th February 2009

10th, 11th and 13th December 2009 recorded 4th June 2009

johnr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:02 pm    Author: johnr    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09

They should release a Talking Noel stress ball :lol:

"NO!!!"

"WHO CLAPPED?!"

"THE PERFECT ROUND!"

Muinimula

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:11 pm    Author: Muinimula    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09

h2005 wrote:
If only I had £1 for every time someone's threatened to stop watching the show. :roll: I'd make £250,000 easily without ever needing to apply to go on DOND.

I haven't watched the show since the summer break.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:55 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09

A spookily similar game to yesterdays, both in terms of overall entertainment and the boards both players faced. I think £10k was a far more questionable deal than £15k yesterday though, but equally it's a shame she wasn't offered more for the taking the £250k to 5 box, when you bear in mind we used to have offers approaching £30k or more on those sorts of boards.

It almost seemed inevitable in these times that £250k would be in the box once she dealt. It always seems that a statistically flawed deal (which that was) is now punished. Unfortunately, that is coinciding with statistically sound decisions not paying off.

Surely there won't be a week of £250k missed opportunities, that would send the forum into meltdown!

Profile E-mail  

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:45 pm    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09

Typical. You wait ages for the £250k to come to the table, and it pops up two days in a row! That's happened a few times now, hasn't it? I don't blame Melanie or Ray for dealing, I'm not sure what I'd have done. The offers they got were fairly poor, but their boards weren't strong. The banker got them cheap, which is his aim. Well done Mr Banker.

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:29 am    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09

Wendy47 wrote:
I'm gutted that the good luck has finally returned and is not being taken advantage of.

Totally, it's such a shame that because of the bad luck these players have lost the courage to go further :smt009 :smt011

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:50 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09

It's quite a conicidence that these last two games come two days before the 2 games in a row appearance of the biggie on the table of July 08 starts on More4 (today's was Louise).

But on to the game..Melanie was nice, a lovely lady who I'm sure will benefit from the £10,000. Yes, it was the biggest banker victory ever, but to be honest, I'm not too bothered. The deal was reasonable at that point (i wouldn't have dealt when she did though).

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:01 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09
International Forums Moderator

Yes, I saw a tiny bit of Louise's on More4 today! I wanted to punch Noel, but then again I had just heard about the HBOS-LloydsTSB potential merger, the clearest sign yet of economic crisis in this country, so that probably did it!!

Not much more we can say really - it was the Deal of someone who couldn't bear to leave with nothing... and probably feels as though she did anyway. But she has ten grand to console herself with, which a failed Wakeyist wouldn't (unless of course they're Fin!!!)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:18 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09

Now that was a cruel game.

I can perfectly understand why Mel dealt when she did and it's a shame it didn't work out for her. But seeing the top prize on the table two games on the trot, and without being exploited, that's a real disappointment.

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:37 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: Melanie 16/09

KP wrote:
Yes, I saw a tiny bit of Louise's on More4 today! I wanted to punch Noel, but then again I had just heard about the HBOS-LloydsTSB potential merger, the clearest sign yet of economic crisis in this country, so that probably did it!!

Not much more we can say really - it was the Deal of someone who couldn't bear to leave with nothing... and probably feels as though she did anyway. But she has ten grand to console herself with, which a failed Wakeyist wouldn't (unless of course they're Fin!!!)

Looking at the contrast between Louise/Lance's games and Ray/Melanie's, less has been negatively said about the last two games compared to the July games. Whether this is because of SrWilson and Basic not being around I don't know. But it could also be the fact that the deals that Ray and Melanie took were both reasonable...

Profile E-mail  
 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]