Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:06 pm Last visit was: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:06 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Tom22

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:09 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Jay 12/09

Warnings: 0
killersbee wrote:
1, 2, 3, 4 and 17 having the power five! :shock:

That has to be the worst way of sealing the boxes by the independent ajudicator? :?

:bonk: (Random bag of balls...)

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:10 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Jay 12/09

killersbee wrote:
1, 2, 3, 4 and 17 having the power five! :shock:

That has to be the worst way of sealing the boxes by the independent ajudicator? :?

How many times?! It's not her fault; all she does is pick balls out of a bag.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:10 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Jay 12/09
International Forums Moderator

They say it's not how you start, it's how you finish.

If one takes into consideration that how you start does affect how you finish, they're dead right.

After his introduction I'd have expected a relatively early Deal at any decent offer, especially with the current financial climate. However, he didn't get any decent offers - the last was dealable, offers on that finish rarely aren't, but I think he was chasing the £9,500, especially after that was used as a recurring motif in the next two offers!

The Banker may have to consider reverting to Season 1 early-game offers if he wants to save money, moderate late-game offers will then be seen as dealable and often dealt!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Daisy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:13 pm    Author: Daisy    Post subject: Re: Jay 12/09

Wahoo! I'm so happy - what a turnaround. When he dropped to his knees after the 20K was revealed I got tingles all over. Soooo good! Well done Jay, you deserved it. :D :D :D

Sure, you can come up with just the right paragraph that would exactly and candidly reflect the precise emotional descriptors you wished to be utilized in communicating your ever present and meticulously cultivated thoughts. Or you can just swear.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence and insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Daisyed & Confused
Proud receiver of Maudy hugs.

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:14 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Jay 12/09
Administrator & Global Moderator

I suspected it was either a swap being offered and a £20k box win, or a swap being offered and a £100 win with a banker handout towards the end, as there were still amount 7 minutes left after Jay had no dealt the last offer!

Great to see a good ending to a game at last, and it felt especially sweet to have a good end to the game after he knocked out the whole of the Power 5 (and £15k!) in consecutive boxes. :| Good starts are often followed by bad middle parts of the game and bad endings, so it's always nice when it swings around again and delivers a good ending.

This has been a really good week so far - maybe not so much in money terms - but definitely a good week in terms of the characters we've had play in the last few shows. At least this week won't take the title of "worst week ever" now that the 1st week of season 4 has that title with its total of just over £8k. Well done Jay for not bailing out earlier, and I hope he and his son enjoy the money!

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:15 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Jay 12/09

Tom22 wrote:
(Random bag of balls...)

Well if that's the case then I think they should get rid of the bag of balls and just allow the players to choose their own box instead :-)

alex xxx

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:17 pm    Author: alex xxx    Post subject: Re: Jay 12/09

it was really weird for us to go into the dream factory after that win because we were all on a high, but all of the players, family friends etc were ecstatically happy because they had had their first big win for a while, but us not knowing that it was a bit strange, but you were just on a high, well done jay for going right to the end!!! :)

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:20 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Jay 12/09

But as a whole, great result at the end now let's all pray for a power five win*

*Yeah right

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:23 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Jay 12/09

killersbee wrote:
Tom22 wrote:
(Random bag of balls...)

Well if that's the case then I think they should get rid of the bag of balls and just allow the players to choose their own box instead :-)

Well it's up to Endemol, and it will be even more suspicious if that happened and trends developed.

Suzanne Akers

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:33 pm    Author: Suzanne Akers    Post subject: Re: Jay 12/09

Well Done Jay

I was willing the 20K

So glad you got it!

Enjoy

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:44 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Jay 12/09

Awesome :D ! Finally, we get a great win. Took long enough, eh?
And now, here's Box 23 to present Jay with what may be the first
of the season.
Great game, and enjoy the money, Jay :D !

Last edited by Dr. Hindsight on Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goldeneye

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:49 pm    Author: Goldeneye    Post subject: Re: Jay 12/09

I should point out that this is the second time that the Power Five were taken out in 5 consecutive boxes, with the first confirmed time of this happening was Ottis's game back on Sep 4 2006, in episode 241.

Also, Ottis did retain the £20,000 until two box, but had already dealt at five box for for £7,000. His other box was also a blue (£10), with a hypothetical offer of £5,000.01, but he also got the OPW since the £10 was in his box all along.

So there are quite a bit of similarities with Ottis's game here.

In addition, the probability of the Power Five being removed in 5 consecutive boxes at the particular stage Jay did this in was 1 in 6,188. In Ottis's case, it was 1 in 11,628.

An excellent episode with bad luck early and a candidate for being a comeback episode, considering that his final five was 4 blues (including 1p and 50p) and the £20,000.

In the audience for Den's (2-Mar-2009, Show #974), Hannah's (3-Mar-2009, Show #975) and Rich's (4-Mar-2009, Show #976) episodes.
Probably the only non-UKer to be in the audience ever...

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:53 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Jay 12/09

Get in!! Just.....wow.

I'd say that was the best game since when? Probably Betty. They do put reds in the players' boxes after all. :)

To win 20k after taking out the power 5 in consecutive boxes is just the best thing ever. Maybe I'm going over the top but we've had to suffer weeks of blue/orange wins that feel almost like he'd won the 250k. Did Jay really win less than Richard? Just shows how views of money can alter within the context of a game.

It would have been nice for someone with a system going downwards through the numbers would have done well today, luckily 21 couldn;t be taken out as it was on the table!

Well done Jay on a truly hard-earned 20k, enjoy it, you deserve it!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:55 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Jay 12/09

What a show and what a result! To take out the Power 5 one after another plus another 3 reds was shocking, but to then actually turn the game around and manage to win £20,000 was just amazing. It may not have been a Power 5 win but it certainly felt like one and for me this is one of the best games of season 4 so far. Well done Jay.

Profile E-mail  

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:18 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Jay 12/09

What a fantastic roller-coaster game. Those middle rounds were awful to watch but a real nail-biter at the end. Great turn around and a happy ending.

Friday seems to be the day to go on the show if you want a happy ending :D

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:36 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: Jay 12/09

What a classic game from nowhere. To take out all the power 5 consecutively was astonishing, but what a great turnaround in the end! (and there was I thinking I'd ridden all the rollercoasters yesterday... viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10814&start=20) Definitely a candidate for show of season 4 so far.

Hopefully this will be the start of the luck turning around dramatically, and if there is a cluster of power 5 amounts on the table over the next few weeks, a lot of money could be given out!

This has been a great week for characters with the last few shows, even if they haven't been that big money, and with the win today, it's proved that the show is capable of producing high drama - it's just that it's been lacking for a long, long time.

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:38 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Jay 12/09

Goldeneye wrote:
I should point out that this is the second time that the Power Five were taken out in 5 consecutive boxes, with the first confirmed time of this happening was Ottis's game back on Sep 4 2006, in episode 241.

Also, Ottis did retain the £20,000 until two box, but had already dealt at five box for for £7,000. His other box was also a blue (£10), with a hypothetical offer of £5,000.01, but he also got the OPW since the £10 was in his box all along.

So there are quite a bit of similarities with Ottis's game here.

In addition, the probability of the Power Five being removed in 5 consecutive boxes at the particular stage Jay did this in was 1 in 6,188. In Ottis's case, it was 1 in 11,628.

An excellent episode with bad luck early and a candidate for being a comeback episode, considering that his final five was 4 blues (including 1p and 50p) and the £20,000.

I started reading your post and worked out the odds for both games only to find you'd beaten me to it.

Great game today - after the last week or so, I'd resigned myself to the fact that at 5 box, he was going to discover the £20k before 2 box.

rico7

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:57 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: Jay 12/09

Well done Jay, one of the most memorable and unlikely turnarounds for a very long time!

harryfielder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:50 am    Author: harryfielder    Post subject: Re: Jay 12/09

Well done to Jay, He stuck to his guns...... :smt023

Aitch,

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:34 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject: Re: Jay 12/09

what a great guy, he seemed really nice and did anyone else think he looked abit like greg rudenski? he was a really nice smiley person.
i wish him and his son well for the future and enjoy the money you deserve it xx

Profile E-mail  
 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]