Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:12 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:12 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Tom22

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:54 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Joe 10/09

Warnings: 0
Wahey!!!

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

Tom22

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:54 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Joe 10/09

killersbee wrote:
And now a stupid deal! :evil:

This show couldn't get any worse!

What was stupid about it exactly?!!

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Joe 10/09
Administrator & Global Moderator

Box 3 with Chris has £750

Noel says he can tell how disappointed Joe and his wife are...

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:54 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Joe 10/09
Forum Games Moderator

If there is another Banker cop out...
I'm not watching this show for the rest of the week. :veryangry.

Craig

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:54 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject: Re: Joe 10/09

killersbee wrote:
And now a stupid deal! :evil:

Yeah a very stupid deal, a £1 box for £350!

£350, you can have a nice night out with that! Really hope he enjoys that money!

Great guy unlucky game!

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:55 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Joe 10/09

Oh wait, my bad a nice consolation victory for Joe :)

But I'm now 21% close to turning off this show for good :smt011

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:56 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Joe 10/09

Joe says he's had the experience of a lifetime, and the money will be spent, but the experience of being on DOND and meeting a great team of people will never be forgotten :D

Noel says he knows for a fact :suspect: that when the show has a run of bad luck, we get behind the show and support it even more.

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:58 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Joe 10/09

Was Noel also hinting a spoiler during the credits? :suspect:

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:03 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Joe 10/09

The endless run of bad luck continues...

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:07 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Joe 10/09

..and you wonder, should we all stop watching it for good?

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:18 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Joe 10/09

True fans of the show watch the show for the entertainment, not just for the money won.

Today's game was easily the best game this season so far in terms of humour.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:41 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Joe 10/09

killersbee wrote:

No. There are some great contestants coming up for starters from what I hear.

Anyway great show today for the humour and all the police-related jokes but a pretty shocking game (in terms of luck) again! :| At least Joe was made some respectable offers but I don't think anyone would've really considered any of the first 5. At least he's won a few hundred quid rather than just one pound.

Great contestant, good show with lots of banter but a poor game. As Big-Davey said, it's not always the big money wins that makes a show good - yesterday's and today's games were great yet the total won between the two was £5,350. Compare that to Laura who won £250,000 - I can't remember anything that happened in her show entertainment-wise (apart from the £250k win of course).

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:20 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Joe 10/09

h2005 wrote:
killersbee wrote:

No. There are some great contestants coming up for starters from what I hear.

Anyway great show today for the humour and all the police-related jokes but a pretty shocking game (in terms of luck) again! :| At least Joe was made some respectable offers but I don't think anyone would've really considered any of the first 5. At least he's won a few hundred quid rather than just one pound.

Great contestant, good show with lots of banter but a poor game. As Big-Davey said, it's not always the big money wins that makes a show good - yesterday's and today's games were great yet the total won between the two was £5,350. Compare that to Laura who won £250,000 - I can't remember anything that happened in her show entertainment-wise (apart from the £250k win of course).

Bunney's little "dance" is all I can remember from her game! :P

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:39 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Joe 10/09

It's characters that are keeping it going for me at the moment, I don;t know if it was due to the fact that was never tense at any point but Joe was a great personality and I loved all the policeman jokes, and he had the most dramatic voice probably since Eric! I think Jay's game will be entertaining too. And I'm pleased to see the offers were at least fair for the bad board that was there, and like KP I thought the £5,200 was a remarkable offer given how poor the first 2 rounds had been. If only the offers like the £350 could be that good when big money remains but on a risky board inthe latter stages....

Was that the third ever all-blue squashdown?

And he was obviously disappointed but grateful to have left with something of value and the money was really only secondary to the experience.

Please can contestants like Stuart, Wendy and Joe keep coming along and some big money at the same time and not to someone cautious? :?

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Last edited by James1978 on Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wendy47

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:22 pm    Author: Wendy47    Post subject: Re: Joe 10/09

Joe really would have given us a fantastic game if he'd had the chance, he was a very brave man who didn't deserve to go home with a blue.
Please don't give up watching cause I know there are some good wins coming up.
I think our little group were the unluckiest bunch ever, but once we're gone, things start to look up :smt019

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:31 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Joe 10/09

h2005 wrote:
Noel says it's amazing odds to take out 4 reds in a row.

20 - Paul - £100

Banker time

With 4 reds and 6 blues left on the board, it's 1 in 210 (about 0.476%) to take out all 4 reds and leave 6 blues.

Daisy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:37 pm    Author: Daisy    Post subject: Re: Joe 10/09

I can't believe there are people talking about not watching anymore :(

I do admit this bad luck/low win period is really annoying but I'm not thinking about giving up on it just yet. As has already been pointed out, a lot of fans watch for entertainment so as long as they keep putting good characters on, I'll tune in like always.

As far as the low money wins go, it's a random game so there's not much point giving up because of that alone when the 250,000 could be won tomorrow for all we know.

I'm just glad I got to see it at all! My Sky+ decided not to record it but luckily I caught it on More4. Well done anyway Joe, you'll be missed.

Sure, you can come up with just the right paragraph that would exactly and candidly reflect the precise emotional descriptors you wished to be utilized in communicating your ever present and meticulously cultivated thoughts. Or you can just swear.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence and insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Daisyed & Confused
Proud receiver of Maudy hugs.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:02 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Joe 10/09

Gameplay wise it was yet another terrible game, but it was actually one of the more entertaining games of the season so far.

Over on the wings Joe became quite a character with various banter from Noel & The Banker over the shows Joe was there about the way he spoke. Plus his tendency to reveal big numbers (if only he had one today) earning himself the nickname 'Dr Doom'. His game was no different, there was some good banter though out. I found it amusing when that old picture of Joe was shown on the gameboard along with the Barry White music (they do seem to like using that Barry White music). Plus Noel's dodgy puns, including "coppers", "sirens", "bail or no bail" etc... made for an overall entertaining game. Even if the end result wasn't much of a reward.

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:34 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Joe 10/09

Like I said earlier, he was the terminator and sadly, were we to find that "DR. DOOM" leaves with a low sum of money, relieved that he had £1

Just wish a strong game would come sooner before it's too late :(

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:47 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Joe 10/09

killersbee wrote:
relieved that he had £1

Surely "revealed" and not "relieved"?

Anyway I've just realised Joe is our first and only blue winner of Season 4 not to get a handout!

Although having said that, the banker may end up giving him a backdated handout in a future game like he did with Bez, Nikki etc.

[ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]