Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:32 am Last visit was: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:32 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:28 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Wendy 09/09

Warnings: 0
An enjoyable show today with a nice result at the end. Wendy provided a fun atmosphere throughout the show and it made a change to see a more happy and fun show with some funny banter between Noel/Wendy/The Banker. I did think Wendy was going to deal the 5th offer of £12,000 at first, so I was a bit surprised when she no dealt. However yet again the gamble didn't pay off and like yesterday the £250,000 went in the final round. Thankfully though Wendy managed to get the £5,000 at the end as I was dreading yet another blue win.

Profile E-mail  

Rockjack

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:19 pm    Author: Rockjack    Post subject: Re: Wendy 09/09

Whats goin on with these ludicrous 5 box offers with the 250k still in play?? :shock: :shock: :ponder:

Unix eight

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:32 pm    Author: Unix eight    Post subject: Re: Wendy 09/09

Uchh, what a brilliant game, i just loved Wendy right form the start, and she was just so enjoyable to watch. Nice to see we can get the gambler, who at the same time isn't overly gritty and cocky. Well done Wendy on £5 000!

Profile E-mail  

travis P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:42 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: Wendy 09/09

Rockjack wrote:
Whats goin on with these ludicrous 5 box offers with the 250k still in play?? :shock: :shock: :ponder:

The same way Millionaire was saving money in 2007. Finding a way to save money. The show cannot "fix" the format (if so then there has to be concrete evidence) so they've decided to use lower offers and prey the luck works for the production team. If they know they are producing the show until 2010 then they cannot give away silly money in a short period.

Also people are now taking in to what Charles said in July. Any amount of money is worth something. Saying that. Is it me or since Charles arrived on the show that the contestants are now saying £10,000 is a very good offer on a high value board?

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:21 pm    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject: Re: Wendy 09/09

travis P wrote:
Also people are now taking in to what Charles said in July. Any amount of money is worth something. Saying that. Is it me or since Charles arrived on the show that the contestants are now saying £10,000 is a very good offer on a high value board?

It was around about then anyway. Wendy's game was great today, it was such a fun, positive game. I'm so pleased that she got the £5,000 in the end. Well done Wendy!

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:52 pm    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: Wendy 09/09

Was really looking forward to todays game and wasn't disappointed.

Well done on the £5k Wendy.......just a pity the £250k didnt stay until the last 2.

Only 1 thing though..........what happened to Lisa's poem...........did she do one and what did she say ?

Jim

Profile E-mail  

Wendy47

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:03 am    Author: Wendy47    Post subject: Re: Wendy 09/09

Just want to say a massive thank you to all of you x x x x (I'm not normally a kissy sort of person, but after kissing everyone on the show, well apart from the obvious ones.....why spoil something I quite like......)
I've just got in from my dond party and I'm glad to say that athough I only got £5000, you really would have thought I'd won the biggie!
I really respect all your opinions on here because you are such genuine fans of the show and so now I'm chuffed to bits with what you've said.
I was always going to the end and I never really considered the £12,000 seriously. Like I said before, as far as I was concerned, this was my one chance. Although saying that, I never realy got offered any serious money, so maybe I'm not as brave as I would like to think.

Thanks again though, you've made my night x x

Profile E-mail  

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:11 am    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: Wendy 09/09

You gave us a good fun game with a bit of tension near the end having the £250k in play until the last 5 boxes and I will look forward to voting your show as the favourite for the first 10 days in September when the show of the month vote comes on here at the end of the month.

Been great watching you on the wings the past few weeks and hope you will still post on here even though your game is past.

Jim

Profile E-mail  

Wendy47

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:15 am    Author: Wendy47    Post subject: Re: Wendy 09/09

Thanks Jim. Can't see me keeping quiet now can you????
Have loved posting on here, so whether you like it or not, I'm here to stay ha ha ha :lol:

Profile E-mail  

greeny

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:35 am    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: Wendy 09/09

That was my favourite show of season 4, and the end outcome should have far more than £5000. Wendy had a great personality and great attitude to the game and was happy to see her turn down £12000 which was quite poor for the board (not as bad as Mary's offer though). If only 8 or 18 had had the £250000, rather than 16 we'd have been left with an awesome finish for a lady who deserved it.

Profile E-mail  

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:58 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Wendy 09/09

The big money just doesn't want to appear on the table! :(

At least it was a well deserved £5,000 win! :D Well played Wendy!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:47 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Wendy 09/09
International Forums Moderator

I wish we'd had the chance to find out whether you were out-and-out reckless - we've not had an opportunity for anyone to show that in months and I'd like to at least see someone facing that kind of decision whatever they do in it!!!

Mind you, if you'd kept the £250k with the £5k you'd probably have got a £30k offer or something... :?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:49 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: Wendy 09/09

Hurrah! That was a brilliant game! Easily a contender for best of season 4 so far.

Wendy, you were brilliant. A great contestant and to see you go away with the £5,000 was magnificient, im really happy for you. You played the game brilliantly and deserved more but £5,000 is still good money.

More like this please DOND!

Profile E-mail  

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:37 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Wendy 09/09

Great game. Wendy came across well, very bubbly and pleasant, and she held her nerve. Shame she missed out on the big money but at least it was a red win, an achievement in itself these days

garylq

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:00 pm    Author: garylq    Post subject: Re: Wendy 09/09

Super show, Wendy (and her sister) were cheerful and confident, obviously enjoying the experience, it was fun to watch. Wendy had the guts to take a chance and you could see she would happily accept the outcome, good or bad.

Thank God it was £5K in that box, it was very well deserved.

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:31 pm    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject: Re: Wendy 09/09

Wendy47 wrote:
I was always going to the end and I never really considered the £12,000 seriously.

It's a lot of money, but if I were playing, I think I'd have turned it down too. I thought it was a bit low for the board. I hope you have loads of fun with £5,000.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:42 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Wendy 09/09

Did you deliberately give the £12,000 more thought than it deserved to make sure you didn't get criticised by the Banker for turning it down too quickly?

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Wendy47

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:08 pm    Author: Wendy47    Post subject: Re: Wendy 09/09

Yes. You are asked not to disrespect the offers because there are a lot of people watching for who what you would consider is a small amount of money, is a massive amount to them. Like I said £12,000 would have been very nice and when I saw the show for the first time on Tuesday, I was shouting at me to deal! But what the hell!

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:02 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Wendy 09/09

Interesting. I bet they didn't do that in parts of 2007, from what I've heard!

The show's gone full circle in many ways, as I vividly remember Noel saying about a £5,000 opening offer in 2005 'I never ever on this show want to see money treated as some flippant, take-it-or-leave-it commodity'. Twelve months later that's precisely what was happening - and now it seems it's gone totally the other way!

Big D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:21 pm    Author: Big D    Post subject: Re: Wendy 09/09

Tom22 wrote:
Cartainly worth noting the £88 was because of the 'Two Fat Ladies' bingo call :-D

I love this, it made me laugh out loud!

[ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]