Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:56 pm Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:56 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:15 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Stuart 08/09

Warnings: 0
Well Kudos to Stuart for playing the game well, sucks-boo to the Banker for some insultingly low offers.

Such a shame it didn't work out better, I really thought Stacey-Anne's game was a positive omen but I guess not.

jivealex

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:41 pm    Author: jivealex    Post subject: Re: Stuart 08/09

Tom22 wrote:
Oh were not slating them for having sob stories... I feel sorry for all of them it's not nice to go through what some of the past contestants have gone through :( The one problem we have with it is that DOND was once an entertainment show and it thrived on happy cheerful games (and in a way I believe this inspired better games monetarily), at 4.15 we dont want to listen, day after day, to these sob stories. If they were only once in a while I think people would really get behind the player at home and on here and they'd have full support. As it's happening ever day they all blend in to each other and cancer followed by a relatives death (both deeply saddening things) are greeted by meh's and oh not again purely because we're bored of them day in day out.

harsh but fair lolololol

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=15116

StatsMan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:49 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: Stuart 08/09

Oh dear, yet another blue win, hence why I haven't posted here for a few days as the games seem to be shockingly similar at the moment. It's getting a bit desperate that they feel they have to give a bonus to EVERY blue winner of this season.

It's the kind of act they feels great when you've watched a bad game in the studio, but adds nothing to the enjoyment of the show at home for me. Mainly because the show's meant to be about fairness, yet many blue winners before them have had to settle for their blue win, so why should they be treated any different?

I think the generosity of the offers has deteriorated greatly in the last few months. Sooner or later it has to backfire with a big box win... surely? The offers at the moment don't seem to be providing any difficult decisions, and that's a key element of the show. We need a combination of offers improving and good luck prevailing soon!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:49 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Stuart 08/09
Administrator & Global Moderator

Hang on, didn't the banker say he wouldn't be giving away any "free" money after Mary's game? Yet he gave out a diamond ring worth £3,000 (which he'd earlier stated as the cost of the ring) in yesterday's game. :? They've given away nearly £13,000 so far this season. Compare this with Season 1, where the maximum they gave away in the whole of Season 1 was about £1,000 when Gabrielle's winnings were doubled as they were for charity. I can't think of any other examples in the early days of the show.

I can only assume they're doing it a lot now to lift the spirits of the players involved after a run of bad games. It's also a great incentive to get people to gamble, as they're far more likely to go on in the knowledge that if they win a blue, the banker might give them £1,000 (either immediately after their game or a few games later as was the case with Bez et al). I wonder how many players will now ask outright before they no deal if they can get extra money if they win a blue, and whether any players will demand extra money if they do win a blue now?

Tom22

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:30 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Stuart 08/09

h2005 wrote:
Extremely well said... I don't think there's anything that needs adding.

Maud wrote:
Very well said Tom22.

KP wrote:
But even that's been said more eloquently by Tom22 in his quite brilliant post.

Your all too kind! :oops: I'd like to thank my mother, my father, my family, my dog, the Queen....

Cheques in the post for all of you :smt047

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:49 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Stuart 08/09
Administrator & Global Moderator

Hugs and kisses, Tom22. Mwah. :smt058

:shock:

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:32 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Stuart 08/09
Forum Games Moderator

Very weird first round there, £1-£100-£1,000-£10,000-£100,000 - all the 1s in order (but not the order they were revealed, obviously - has that ever been done?)

Welldone Stuart on...£10 was it? Ah well, still enought for an all-you-can-eat at my local Café Garlic. AND there'd be 1p change...

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Brick

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:20 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Stuart 08/09

Jackpot Laura's first round was £1-£10-£1,000-£10,000-£100,000.

travis P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:36 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: Stuart 08/09

h2005 wrote:
Hang on, didn't the banker say he wouldn't be giving away any "free" money after Mary's game? Yet he gave out a diamond ring worth £3,000 (which he'd earlier stated as the cost of the ring) in yesterday's game. :?

The ring is actually classed as goods. As the £3,000 is to pay for the ring and not to spend on what the couple wishes. Where as the £1,000 is to spend on what he or she prefers. In a way it's not free money as they're getting a ring and not cash to spend on something else.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:12 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Stuart 08/09

stupawley wrote:
This message is for cookie monster in the first instance.

You come across as a very negative person, whenever do you conentrate on a positive from a game, NEVER, is the answer!!

If you are a sixth form student and have nothing better to do than come home and find out what is happening on DOND then you are very sad I am afriad. I would have liked enothing more than to have had some fair offers from the banker rather than the poor ones I received but that is the way the show is going which is reflected on this site.

Just because somebody gets emotional about a major part in their life does not make it a sob story, it means that they are human with feelings. An emotional story in DOND is just as much part of the game sometimes as Anne Robinson having a dig at somebody on Weakest Link, if you don't like it then don't watch it. You keep threatening to stop watching but never do so I suggest you do exactly that rather than keep threatening it!! This just suggests you're all talk which I suspect is the long and short of it.

Right, a lot of post to get through here so here I go:

1. That's because there's never anything positive in a game to concentrate on. I do say that the tension is great at times, and same with result and characters, so read my posts before you moan at me about them.

2. Well it is up to me what I do in my free time, I'm not really bothered if you think I'm sad or not but I don't rush home just to turn DoND on. I will be catching up with Wendy's game because it sounded good, which is more than can be said for this one. (Other than for the tension of course) I wasn't having a dig at you; I was more aiming at Endemol but surely you'd agree that 'sob' stories which seem to happen every other day and are shown at around 4:20pm are a bit too much. Yes it does personalise the game, but it does it in an incredibly negative way.

3. I rarely threaten to stop watching the show for good, and I didn't say I definitely would anyway; I said if the cheap stunts in which Endemol give the player a couple of grand just for winning a blue keeps up, then I wouldn't watch it as much, and if a game sounds crap, I won't bother to catch up with it. It's not fair on all the others who have won blues in the past and have needed money, not wanted it, needed it (Joy for example). Whilst I appreciate your comments about me, don't talk to me like you know me please, because you have obviously just seen a few of my posts.

Thank you.

[ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]