Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:25 pm Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:25 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

lisa lashes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:10 pm    Author: lisa lashes    Post subject: Re: Stuart 08/09

Warnings: 0
h2005 wrote:
3 - Lisa - £50,000

No poem today :(

19 - Chris - £500

18 - Pete - Noel blows the whistle again and calls a break

there was a poem 4 stuart but 4 some reason they didnt show it which is areal shame cos stuart was and still is one of my close friends from there,anyway here it is that wasnt!..Stuarts a "football "ref-eree...and i think he'd like to"score"with me.. but iv heard he has another "goal"...and that secretly he fancies Noel!! .......(maybe noel had a problem with that!!) :laughing xx

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:11 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: Stuart 08/09

Haha, thats ace Lisa!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:52 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Stuart 08/09

I can see why that didn't make the final edit now! :P

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:11 pm    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: Stuart 08/09

Mad Mark wrote:
Okay, $5 Canadian says that we'll be seeing more of these unnecessary bonuses throughout the entire season. I used to say that if it were up to me, everyone who had a trainwreck game would get $1,000. But now, after watching End 'Em All actually put this theory into practice, I can say that it's not a good idea at all. It also erodes the "evil" personality of the Banker. He supposed to be someone who wants the players to get out with as little money as possible, and then when someone does that, ie: winning a blue, he then rewards them. It's as if sitting in the Crazy Chair and just showing up will earn you bonus money if your game bottoms out. At this rate, they'll probably give a 1p winner an extra £10,000 or something. In short, it's wrong, and it shouldn't be done.

They have already tried that one.........PJ back in May 2007.

Jim

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:23 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Stuart 08/09

Up until the banker said he match whatever was in the blue box, I thought PJ's game was one of the most painful, and tense games of all time.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:31 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Stuart 08/09

PJ's game you don't mind the added bonus at the end, especially with the way his 1p win was engineered.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

stupawley

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:02 pm    Author: stupawley    Post subject: Re: Stuart 08/09

This message is for cookie monster in the first instance.

You come across as a very negative person, whenever do you conentrate on a positive from a game, NEVER, is the answer!!

If you are a sixth form student and have nothing better to do than come home and find out what is happening on DOND then you are very sad I am afriad. I would have liked enothing more than to have had some fair offers from the banker rather than the poor ones I received but that is the way the show is going which is reflected on this site.

Just because somebody gets emotional about a major part in their life does not make it a sob story, it means that they are human with feelings. An emotional story in DOND is just as much part of the game sometimes as Anne Robinson having a dig at somebody on Weakest Link, if you don't like it then don't watch it. You keep threatening to stop watching but never do so I suggest you do exactly that rather than keep threatening it!! This just suggests you're all talk which I suspect is the long and short of it.

Maud

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:16 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: Stuart 08/09

stupawley wrote:
This message is for cookie monster in the first instance.

You come across as a very negative person, whenever do you conentrate on a positive from a game, NEVER, is the answer!!

If you are a sixth form student and have nothing better to do than come home and find out what is happening on DOND then you are very sad I am afriad. I would have liked enothing more than to have had some fair offers from the banker rather than the poor ones I received but that is the way the show is going which is reflected on this site.

Just because somebody gets emotional about a major part in their life does not make it a sob story, it means that they are human with feelings. An emotional story in DOND is just as much part of the game sometimes as Anne Robinson having a dig at somebody on Weakest Link, if you don't like it then don't watch it. You keep threatening to stop watching but never do so I suggest you do exactly that rather than keep threatening it!! This just suggests you're all talk which I suspect is the long and short of it.

Here we go.

Are you saying that fans of the show are sad??? Thats nice isn't it, why apply for the show if you think those at home are sad, or are you saying people on fan forums are sad? Either way not a great idea really was it.

A few people on here are not enjoying the show anymore, simple as that, I never once saw Cookie Monster say anything bad about you, Endemol are going down the X factor route with sob stories and peoples bad experiences in life and stuff and fans are getting sick of it... FACT.

Cookie is a great boy, really sweet and nice, if a few people that had been banned last week were here you would be getting a much rougher time of it, believe me.

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:18 pm    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: Stuart 08/09

Hi Stuart

You played a great game.......just unlucky at the end as you deserved a decent win....or at least one fair offer for the board you had.....but didn't get either.

Hope you managed to get a good diamond ring.

Jim

daniel4389

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:23 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject: Re: Stuart 08/09

lisa lashes wrote:
there was a poem 4 stuart but 4 some reason they didnt show it which is areal shame cos stuart was and still is one of my close friends from there,anyway here it is that wasnt!..Stuarts a "football "ref-eree...and i think he'd like to"score"with me.. but iv heard he has another "goal"...and that secretly he fancies Noel!! .......(maybe noel had a problem with that!!) :laughing xx

Hahahahahahaha why the hell did they cut that?! That is actually the best thing ever.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:24 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Stuart 08/09

Exciting game, rubbish offers, terrible result, yet another (getting rather predictable) hand-out.

I can really only echo the same thoughts as most people. I was shocked at some of the offers, and not in a good way. I really did hope that Stuart would keep the £250,000 till the end as it would of generated one of the biggest wins in a while, assuming he had dealt the final offer, which had Stuart opened the other box would of left him with a £10 vs £250k final 2. Having said that i'm interested to know what the Banker would of actually offered in that situation during the current times. Surely he wouldn't of gone below £50,000?

Anyway I have to say the offers of late have been rather disappointing and I actually find it hard to be excited by the offers now. In the past the offers used to provide a bit of a stumbling block throughout the game and in turn provided for some interesting dilemmas/situations about whether a player should Deal or No Deal a particular offer, but now I just kind of expect a low offer and think nothing of them except usually No Deal. Instead of the offers being a stumbling block now they're more of a brick.

I would actually hate to think how i'd react in the studio to these offers if they were presented to me or other people if I were to appear on the show. Whilst I certainly wouldn't be blasé over them, as it would be real money at this stage, I don't think i'd be able to hide my shock over some of the offers. Let's just say if anyone asked for my advice over some of these offers the Banker might not like my response :P

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:25 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Stuart 08/09
Administrator & Global Moderator

daniel4389 wrote:
lisa lashes wrote:

Hahahahahahaha why the hell did they cut that?! That is actually the best thing ever.

Probably to allow more time for the introduction at the start. :( A great poem though...

tuckshop

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:12 am    Author: tuckshop    Post subject: Re: Stuart 08/09

Greeny whoever you are you dont need me to tell you
what u are!!!
Another sob story indeed and maybe thats cos not everyone goes through life without difficulty like you you numpty .... if you dont like it dont tune in ...... show some flamin respect will ya!!!!!

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:15 am    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject: Re: Stuart 08/09

I think that was my favourite season 4 game so far, despite the disgraceful offers. If only Stuart had the £35k rather than a tenner. I hope the banker kept his promise, and Stuart's wife got a diamond ring. This run of bad luck has to change, doesn't it?!

lisa lashes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:37 am    Author: lisa lashes    Post subject: Re: Stuart 08/09

i really think all this negativity towards people is quite upsetting and what alot of people dont seem to understand is that personal events that alot of the contestants have been through in their lives is what makes them who they are and if they and/or endemol want to mention it then that is there right to do so and shouldnt be slated 4doing so. Stuart and Jo have become good friends of mine and it upsets and angers me that they should be upset by hurtful comments over issues that are painful enough 4them as it is. Yes on the other side to it maybe some viewers dont want to hear about such things but unfortunately not everything in life is sweetness and light and im sure if u put urself in that situation and imagine how hard it is to hear things being classed as sob stories over things that mean so much to you and surely u can understand that it is only natural to get upset when the subject of illness or bereavement of a loved one is brought up even if u are on national tv. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but sometimes that opinion should be kept to themselves if it is going to cause distress or upset to another person. As 4the game itself,no one and i mean no one can say what they would or wouldnt do until they have been in that position themselves and believe me,it is very different being part of the show than it is watching at home and alot that goes on that u dont see. Alot of time and effort goes into getting and being on the show and all the contestants deserve credit for that.This forum is meant for discussion yes,but not to cause offence to anyone,it should be fun but at the same time understanding and respectful to those concerned.

Tom22

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:50 am    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Stuart 08/09

Oh were not slating them for having sob stories... I feel sorry for all of them it's not nice to go through what some of the past contestants have gone through :( The one problem we have with it is that DOND was once an entertainment show and it thrived on happy cheerful games (and in a way I believe this inspired better games monetarily), at 4.15 we dont want to listen, day after day, to these sob stories. If they were only once in a while I think people would really get behind the player at home and on here and they'd have full support. As it's happening ever day they all blend in to each other and cancer followed by a relatives death (both deeply saddening things) are greeted by meh's and oh not again purely because we're bored of them day in day out.

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:52 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Stuart 08/09
Administrator & Global Moderator

Tom22 wrote:
Oh were not slating them for having sob stories... I feel sorry for all of them it's not nice to go through what some of the past contestants have gone through :( The one problem we have with it is that DOND was once an entertainment show and it thrived on happy cheerful games (and in a way I believe this inspired better games monetarily), at 4.15 we dont want to listen, day after day, to these sob stories. If they were only once in a while I think people would really get behind the player at home and on here and they'd have full support. As it's happening ever day they all blend in to each other and cancer followed by a relatives death (both deeply saddening things) are greeted by meh's and oh not again purely because we're bored of them day in day out.

Extremely well said... I don't think there's anything that needs adding.

Maud

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:28 am    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: Stuart 08/09

Very well said Tom22.

The thing some contestants are not understanding though is that you can't always be loved either, I remember a few past contestants that were hated (oh god I hated that Max woman) and they got slated here there and everyone, some contestants are coming to here to argue with/slag off our members when they arnt even having a go at them, they are stating what it wrong with the show.

Oh and to sweetie shop or whatever their name is... respect has to be earnt, I cant see why Greeny has to show any to you or anyone else.

dougal18

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:08 am    Author: dougal18    Post subject: Re: Stuart 08/09

stupawley wrote:

If you are a sixth form student and have nothing better to do than come home and find out what is happening on DOND then you are very sad I am afriad. .

Did I miss something? There is a sad way to watch DOND? Is there a happy one?
It's certainly not from the Daily Sob Story O Death Illnesses And Woe.

stupawley wrote:
An emotional story in DOND is just as much part of the game sometimes as Anne Robinson having a dig at somebody on Weakest Link, .

Her rudeness has been a feature of TWL since the start. This drivel never used to be a part of DOND.

Endemol should have showed you the red card at the audition.

stupawley wrote:
This just suggests you're all talk which I suspect is the long and short of it.

Enjoy your tenner and the fact Basicalc and SrWilson aren't here to shred you into small pieces of paper.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:34 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Stuart 08/09
International Forums Moderator

Dougal, grow up. Also, Basicasic and SrWilson wouldn't have shredded him into small pieces of paper, because he turned down all six offers.

I will agree with this, though:

Quote:
Her rudeness has been a feature of TWL since the start. This drivel never used to be a part of DOND.

But even that's been said more eloquently by Tom22 in his quite brilliant post.

By the way, people are criticising some for saying they won't watch the game but then going back on that. I'm proud to say I've not watched an episode in full on the television since the second half of season 2. The show's relentless promotion of gambling at that point caused me to give up on the show. Ironically the show has come full circle in that respect, at least in terms of what the contestants are doing (Noel's only intermittently changed, and the advocacy of gambling is now coming from, well, offers like Stu's). I said before that there was precious little game when everyone was batting away the offers. Well, that's happening again but this time, because the offers are low enough for anyone to reject, there really, really is no game.

I miss DoND... the DoND I used to love from 2006...

Stu, bad luck. I wish you had an actual game to play.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

[ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]