Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:39 am Last visit was: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:39 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:10 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Mary 07/09

Warnings: 0
I think that gold is already mine, if not it soon will be :P

Profile E-mail  

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:35 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Mary 07/09

Well before Endemol come and kidnap me and lock me up somewhere i'll give my view on the game :lol: :shock:

I thought Mary was nice, if a little quiet, and I was hoping that she'd keep the £250,000 in till 2-box and we'd see a hopefully generous offer that she would deal at. Instead yet again the game goes horribly wrong with not just the 250k going, but the back-up of £20,000 too. Not only that but the offers were terrible too.

I'm not quite sure why the Banker decided to give Mary £1,000 or even have to bring up the Stacey-Anne situation. At this rate it'd be better just to scrap the blue side of the board and keep the red side only.

Don't get me wrong i'm happy that Mary got the additional money its just that it seems to be happening on a regular occurrence now of the Banker just giving money away for little reason.

Profile E-mail  

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:37 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Mary 07/09

Haha, I missed the end credits. Did Jay actually say that he wants Mary to come around to his house and to boot him with her goth boots or am I hearing things? :shock: :?

travis P

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:49 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: Mary 07/09

mike wrote:
Well before Endemol come and kidnap me and lock me up somewhere i'll give my view on the game :lol: :shock:

I'm not quite sure why the Banker decided to give Mary £1,000 or even have to bring up the Stacey-Anne situation. At this rate it'd be better just to scrap the blue side of the board and keep the red side only.

Nice one Mike! At least they haven't reached a point where they given away silly money for no apparant reason (Donald Trump giving $25,000 for literally nothing on the US third season premiere). The good thing that we are seeing these crash games as the team treat each episode as valuable. If it was Endemol USA in control then they would have a field day and we will be seeing practically no shows from the current season. They will probably pay the unlucky ones £1,000 and tell them to get off the show, knowing their game will never be aired.

harryfielder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:35 pm    Author: harryfielder    Post subject: Re: Mary 07/09

It's all doom and gloom for the players...... :blueponder

Aitch,

Tom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:00 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: Mary 07/09

Yet again we have a disappointing result to a game (although the added £1000 can be seen as a bonus).

That £10,000 offer was horrendous, so fair play and mass respect to her for continuing.

And a nice little extra at the end with the ages.

Profile E-mail  

box23

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:44 pm    Author: box23    Post subject: Re: Mary 07/09

I would have blasted the banker for that £10,000 offer, it's a terrible insult and leaves no room for decision on the part of the player. Yet again ,the Banker forces Hobson's Choice upon a great player and deserving individual.
!
!
!
!

Mad Mark wrote:
Box 23 tells it like it is -
We've had way too many of these this season. Enough of these write-off games, please.

I'm so glad that the contents of box 23 changes as do the other 22, I can't wait to see "epic win" in there

KP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:11 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Mary 07/09
International Forums Moderator

That sort of board should be producing tough decisions. Instead, it's no-brainers all the way. Did they want the enforced trainwreck, or the enforced 'look! Courage is rewarded!' moment? I presume they actually sought out the latter, but with these offers and these blues in the box my old 'it's fixed!' mantra is starting to slowly look out of the closet... it better not actually come out...

At least she got £1,000. But with sensible Banker play this would have been a substantial TPW or OPW. Only the most ardent Wakeyist could prefer this to that, surely?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:27 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Mary 07/09
Administrator & Global Moderator

Just to put the offer of £10k into the context of other games... this time a year ago Annie had a final 5 of 2 blues / £5k / £35k / £250k - so only marginally better than Mary's final 5, yet Annie got offered £25k. Also this was during a phase when the banker couldn't be beaten and the offers were low to match (i.e. like it is now) - e.g. Irene's poor offer with £75k still on the board, yet Annie still got offered a reasonable 5-box offer. So it shows just how bad Mary's offer was yesterday. :?

Profile E-mail  

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:34 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Mary 07/09

Well i was hoping that after Friday we'd turned a corner but that was back to square one.
Appalling bad luck with no rewards.

I'm glad to see i'm not the only one who had trouble understanding what Mary was saying though

jonny

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:02 pm    Author: jonny    Post subject: Re: Mary 07/09

I didn't think the 10k offer was that bad...bearing in mind that if she took out the 250k, the offer would definitely go down, no matter whether she kept the 20k in or not

But good on her for going for it...

23rd, 24th and 25th of July 2008 (Adam, Helen, William) recorded 7th April 2008

18th, 19th and 20th May 2009 (Cath, Sean, Lynne) recorded 4th February 2009

10th, 11th and 13th December 2009 recorded 4th June 2009

[ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]