Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue May 17, 2022 9:07 pm Last visit was: Tue May 17, 2022 9:07 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Tom22

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:57 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Stacey-Anne 05/09

Warnings: 0
h2005 wrote:
Noel says he'll see us tomorrow and the C4 announcer says "Not tomorrow Noel" - Sunday's show is at 4:45

Hahah the announcer made him sound like an old man forgetting things...

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:57 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Stacey-Anne 05/09

I don't see why Noel is saying it's so good, she sold her £50,000 box for £10,000! Yes, she would've won the blue if she had swapped but she sold that box infront of her before the swap for £10,000.

jonny

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:59 pm    Author: jonny    Post subject: Re: Stacey-Anne 05/09

Brilliant show, although I hate the whole hypothetical swap crap they do - because technically, she didn't beat the banker, but they're all acting like she did.

Ah well, nice work Stacey-Anne - although your pants were showing throughout the entire show :laughing

23rd, 24th and 25th of July 2008 (Adam, Helen, William) recorded 7th April 2008

18th, 19th and 20th May 2009 (Cath, Sean, Lynne) recorded 4th February 2009

10th, 11th and 13th December 2009 recorded 4th June 2009

KP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:59 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Stacey-Anne 05/09
International Forums Moderator

Quote:
I don't see why Noel is saying it's so good, she sold her £50,000 box for £10,000!

By the sound of it, first non-Wakeyistic thing he's said all day though... And it was £13,000, did you even watch the end? I didn't see it on the screen and I still knew.

Again, well done to Stacey-Anne.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:06 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Stacey-Anne 05/09

KP wrote:
And it was £13,000, did you even watch the end? I didn't see it on the screen and I still knew.

No need to be rude :P , yeah, I meant £13,000, I was thinking of the banker's £10,000 limit at the time.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:13 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Stacey-Anne 05/09

Well up until the end of that game it was a pretty standard game and it looked like it was all going to go horribly wrong (though I had a feeling at 5-box she was going to keep £50,000 in :ponder: ). The Banker's offer of giving £1,000 to the last 5 blue winners was rather random :? . I did expect an offer just shy above £10,000 at the end of which I was sure Stacey would deal at. Instead we got the Banker playing mind games with Stacey-Anne by offering £9,999, of which she wasn't obviously happy with after the Banker's promise and basically told the Banker how much she wanted, to which he complied. I wonder if Stacey had asked for £15k/£16k instead he would of offered that?

So a good end all round, if a little different.

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:16 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Stacey-Anne 05/09
Administrator & Global Moderator

A very unusual game full of twists and turns today and just what we needed after all the trainwrecks recently. It was strange at the end when the banker appeared to go back on his word, and then the fact that she would've swapped added to the complications too! Yes it was technically a banker win as she had the £50k in front of her when she dealt £13k, but I don't think anyone can blame the current lot for counting that as a banker beating after all the banker wins of late.

Hopefully after this game the banker will realise that forcing people late into the game with poor offers isn't going to wash with everyone. At least this week is considerably better than last week in terms of total payout - £40,850 so far, although unless we get a reasonable win tomorrow this week will still be lingering in the bottom 10 or even bottom 5.

Profile E-mail  

garylq

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:23 pm    Author: garylq    Post subject: Re: Stacey-Anne 05/09

Enjoyable game, great finale, best show since back from the summer break.

Woodvale

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:18 pm    Author: Woodvale    Post subject: Re: Stacey-Anne 05/09

At last a reasonably happy ending and a brave player rewarded.

Tom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:58 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: Stacey-Anne 05/09

Well to be honest, while that was a decent game, i felt a tad disappointed. The end just seemed a little bit like an anti-climax....

But anyway, I liked Stacey-Anne, she was a nice girl and £13,000 is good money.

I don't however, like the hypothetical swaps..

Profile E-mail  

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:56 pm    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: Stacey-Anne 05/09

h2005 wrote:
Hopefully after this game the banker will realise that forcing people late into the game with poor offers isn't going to wash with everyone. At least this week is considerably better than last week in terms of total payout - £40,850 so far, although unless we get a reasonable win tomorrow this week will still be lingering in the bottom 10 or even bottom 5.

As the C4 announcer would say........Not tomorrow h2005 - Sundays show is at 4.45. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:58 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Stacey-Anne 05/09

Well that was one swap which payed off, that must've been good :D

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:05 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Stacey-Anne 05/09
Administrator & Global Moderator

granitecitybino wrote:
h2005 wrote:

As the C4 announcer would say........Not tomorrow h2005 - Sundays show is at 4.45. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim

:bonk: Obviously I have the "Noel Saturday" syndrome!! :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Brick

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:36 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Stacey-Anne 05/09

Generally I hate hypothetical swaps too, I hoped after Nicola's game in February (which set the scene perfectly for a hypo swap but wasn't used) that lesson had been learnt. Mind you, after such a run of games I don't blame them for trying desperately to wring out a happy ending. And considering either of the £2k offers may well have been dealt 4-5 months ago, good to see the current bunch aren't falling into the same trap.

Enjoy the money Stacey-Anne :-)

Skyline

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:59 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Stacey-Anne 05/09
Forum Games Moderator

Enjoy the £1,000, blue winners!

Profile E-mail  

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:26 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Stacey-Anne 05/09

Bit late commenting on this game, I've been off in other corners of the net celebrating with the Rachel Rice fans, but this was a brilliant game, the best of series 4 by a considerable margin.

First i adore Stacey-Anne she is so beautiful and comes across so well. Then the game. A real rollercoaster, impossible to predict. But with a happy ending. :D

I know some people will feel she should have gone on, that £13,000 isn't much compared to £50,000 but by the same token it's a hell of a lot more than £10 and that money was fought for. It wasn't an easy deal at 11 or 8 box, Stacey-anne really played the heart out of that game.

and I imagine it might even be enough to pay for her to go back to college and finish her course, which would be wonderful.

Well done Stacey-Anne, you played a blinder!

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]