Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:43 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:43 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:54 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Tim 04/09

Warnings: 0
The luck wasn't there again! :(

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: Tim 04/09
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Noel opens box 3 and reveals £750 :(

Box 11 with Jas Contains the £20,000

Tom22

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:54 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Tim 04/09

Oh bugger...

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:55 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Tim 04/09

Oh for goodness sake, another blue win :smt009 :smt011

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:57 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Tim 04/09
Administrator & Global Moderator

Oh no... the bad luck's there once again. And for once the box of the dead relative does contain the higher of the 2 sums of money! :| Tim was a nice enough bloke but the ending left a bit of a bad taste in the mouth as it could've been a fantastic end had he won £20k.

Interesting that Noel just said at the end that "someone could say 'no deal' 6 times and win big" - I wonder if all this bad luck is going to push him back into his firm gambling attitude to try and help manufacture a big win? Along with his opening blurb about congratulating the players etc. I'd say he's doing his best to get a big win now...

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:59 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Tim 04/09

The endless run of bad luck continues...

And for once, that's all I can comment on. Other than that, it was a fairly good watch, especially Joe's prediction! :shock:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

greeny

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:59 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: Tim 04/09

I had a feeling, given how much emphasis was placed on box 11, that it'd have the £20,000, and it did, shame he didn't swap.

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:01 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Tim 04/09

Indeed Noel is starting to go back to his gambling attitude, like he was during Jan-Feb 2007 :?

I just think "will the selection machine please select a player who has a high red", seeing blue after blue after blue is just getting annoying :x

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:01 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Tim 04/09

Big-Davey wrote:
And for once, that's all I can comment on. Other than that, it was a fairly good watch, especially Joe's prediction! :shock:

I had a feeling both that and the 22 'death box' speech wouldn't have been included if they were blues...

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:02 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Tim 04/09

greeny wrote:
I had a feeling, given how much emphasis was placed on box 11, that it'd have the £20,000, and it did, shame he didn't swap.

Hmm...box 11...you'd have swapped for it wouldn't you? ;)

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:02 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Tim 04/09

cookie_monster wrote:
Big-Davey wrote:

I had a feeling both that and the 22 'death box' speech wouldn't have been included if they were blues...

Exactly. The power of editing...

greeny

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:08 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: Tim 04/09

Big-Davey wrote:
greeny wrote:

Hmm...box 11...you'd have swapped for it wouldn't you? ;)

Of course! But they left in all the references to box 11 today, and when they usually emphasise a box, it usually has a high number.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:12 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Tim 04/09
International Forums Moderator

Six very easy No Deals, and even easier when you've got WakeyNoel behind you. Can't really judge his gameplay on that, although at least he didn't accept those rubbish offers; in a way I'm glad it was a blue win as it shuts Noel up a bit, but we did rather need a good result there...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:49 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Tim 04/09

A rather average game with yet another blue win to go into the Banker's Hall of Fame wall. At least Tim went for the £20,000 at the end, but with a rubbish final offer (£4,000 with a £750 back-up) like that it was certainly worth going for it. It's just a shame it wasn't in his box after all.

Also, the Banker said about having a wall full of people who have won a blue amount. Does anyone know exactly how many people have won a blue amount to date (or anything under £1,000)? :ponder:

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:52 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Tim 04/09

I've been maintaining a full list here for almost 2 years - viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5928 :lol:

Although rather than needing to be updated once every week or two, it's now something which needs to be done 2 / 3 times a week. :|

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:14 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Tim 04/09

Oh right :oops: All this time and I don't remember seeing it :oops: :ponder:

Anyway i've had a look at the list (nice list by the way :smt023 ) and including the 2 blue wins of September it totals 146 people. Strange as I thought it was a lot more. Certainly feels like it at the moment :|

So we'll soon get our 150 blue winner and with the luck (or lack of) at the moment that'll probably be some time next week.

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:35 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Tim 04/09

Bearing in mind there have been about 820 shows now, 146 blue wins makes it an average of one every 6 shows, so one every week. That sounds about right, especially when you consider if everyone played to the end it should be about 3 a week, so with all the deals for red amounts in-between, 1 blue win per week must be correct.

Having said that it's more like 3 a week at the moment!

stupawley

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:19 pm    Author: stupawley    Post subject: Re: Tim 04/09

To all the people who moan and groan 'at another sob story' - have a heart will you !?! I'm sure Tim would rather not have his 'sob story'. Maybe you have been lucky enough to sail through life without anything nasty happening to you or your family - there are plenty of us who haven't been that lucky. Meeting new people with all kinds of stories only helps to make the majority of us into kinder and more appreciative people.

You obviously all watch the show avidly and will therefore appreciate that sometimes part of the reason some people do get on the show is because they have had a slice of bad luck in life. There is no crime in that so I don't think it should even be discussed or mentioned in a derogatory way on this forum.

Wendy47

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:32 pm    Author: Wendy47    Post subject: Re: Tim 04/09

Yes but Stuart can you remember how long Tim's game took to film? It was like pulling teeth!
He was so nervous he couldn't even choose his first box, no wonder he kept changing his mind about the others.
Joe actually warned him about his box twice but his family shouted at him and so he picked it anyway (this was edited out).
He was a really lovely bloke but I think it was the hardest game we filmed.....

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:00 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Tim 04/09

h2005 wrote:
Pretty dire offer considering others have got offers of £3k / £4k on low blue vs £250k final 2s... he's got a £750 backup which isn't bad at all when compared to £4,000.

I don't think you mean £250k. Even the banker isn't that evil (or stupid) at the mo,ent.

[ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]