Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:50 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:50 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:08 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Carol 03/09

Warnings: 0
The only thing I found good about it the banker not calling to do that "no one can win more than £20,000" rubbish again :)

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:08 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Carol 03/09

Craig wrote:
Big-Davey wrote:
Awful game, awful luck, and we're still waiting for a good solid turnaround...did anyone actually realise HOW MANY REDS she took out in one? EIGHT! Total bad luck!

Craig wrote:
Shes equalled the record for the longest run of reds hasnt she? 8 in a row?

Awful luck! What a shame!

Am i completely ignored on this site?? Just wondering! lol

Anybody see anything? :laughing :P

wkd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:09 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: Carol 03/09

Grim. If this keeps up it's only a matter of time before someone grabs the first offer!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:11 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Carol 03/09

killersbee wrote:
The only thing I found good about it the banker not calling to do that "no one can win more than £20,000" rubbish again :)

I can see it happening..."nobody will win more than £10,000 again!" :shock:

You heard it from me first, incase it happens! :P

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:14 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Carol 03/09

Well the banker didn't phone up after Mike's game did he? :P ;)

Maud

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:39 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: Carol 03/09

cookie_monster wrote:
Craig wrote:
Big-Davey wrote:
Awful game, awful luck, and we're still waiting for a good solid turnaround...did anyone actually realise HOW MANY REDS she took out in one? EIGHT! Total bad luck!

Craig wrote:
Shes equalled the record for the longest run of reds hasnt she? 8 in a row?

Awful luck! What a shame!

Am i completely ignored on this site?? Just wondering! lol

Anybody see anything? :laughing :P

Who said that?

KP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:50 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Carol 03/09
International Forums Moderator

To take out the last eight reds in succession starting from 13-box is about as unfortunate as you can get. No dealable offers whatsoever - Mike would have won £100 today let's not forget and then people would have said different things about him - and a game that couldn't have gone any other way unless she picked different boxes. Ugly.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Woodvale

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:04 pm    Author: Woodvale    Post subject: Re: Carol 03/09

I thought the banker summed it up perfectly, "all the brave players are unlucky and all the lucky players are wimps". This trend that started towards the end of last season seems to be continuing. I just wish we could see a brave player get the luck they deserve otherwisw we'll never see a really big money win again.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:17 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Carol 03/09

I liked Carol and I was hoping she'd do well as I had a feeling she might go quite far with a strong board. Unfortunately Carol had another one of those unlucky games where there was no decent offers or money left on the board. At least she seemed to still enjoy her game, despite the luck, and always seemed happy and cheerful.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:23 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Carol 03/09

This is unbelievable. If she'd left Box 1 then swapped for it, she'd have actually managed to mirror 1p Nick. Everyone I like wins a blue, Carol was lovely. :(

Is anyone going to actually beat the banker ever again?

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:05 am    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject: Re: Carol 03/09

Woodvale wrote:
I thought the banker summed it up perfectly, "all the brave players are unlucky and all the lucky players are wimps"

Totally. I had a good feeling about Carol. I think she'd really have given the game a good go if she'd had half a chance. She seemed like a nice lady too. I enjoyed her game, and I hope she does something nice with her £100.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:07 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: Carol 03/09

Yet another rotten game for luck - to take out the last 8 reds in succession was desperately unlucky, perhaps only equalled by 1p Nick (and I'm not sure if he took 7 or 8 reds out in a row...). 3rd £100 win in less than 2 weeks, to go with the 2 50p wins last week - undoubtedly the worst sequence of episodes in the show's history. I knew when Noel said "we have turned a corner from last week" that we were practically destined for disaster :roll:

On the last 3 occasions that £100 has come to the table, it has been won, and now 16 players in total have gone away with it (+ effectively £100 doubled with Helen), meaning it has caught up the 1p club (17), despite there being 6 members of that club before the £100 club welcomed its first member (John on show 231).

Anyway, we don't want any more "blue club" members... please!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:54 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Carol 03/09

What a shame, it was going if not brilliantly then at least bearably when suddenly the whole game collapsed beneath her.

Poor Carol, she really didn't deserve that sort of luck

Tom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:38 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: Carol 03/09

I really liked Carol, she was awesome. And to see her go away with £100 is a bit annoying. Had the boxes gone right, she would have been a big winner!

[ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]