Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:10 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:10 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:39 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Sheila says it's still a juicy board, and Noel says it's "Juicy Dench" :lol:

Mike asks if the Banker could throw in a motorbike and helmet to tip the balance...

Carol tells him that is the strongest board they've had since the summer break...

Mike says

DEAL

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:39 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09
Administrator & Global Moderator

Oh no!!! Take cover!!!!! :lol:

KP

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:39 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09
International Forums Moderator

redrum666 wrote:
I can't stand the way the banker does this... Mike said £20,000 was a bit short so he should just leave him to take the gamble and risk the £20,000. Now the offer has been upped to £23,000, I can see Mike walking. Do the producers of this show know NOTHING about what the public wants to see?

Pathetic display from the player if he deals and an even more pathetic display from Endemol for letting this occur.

Can't agree with you on this. I'll accept quite a lot of people feel this way, especially in light of recent events, but I suspect as many and more think that £23,000 is too much to turn down in their situation and this economy.

You can never tell what's happening with this game and Endemol. But it seems to me they want a deal at the moment. Whether that's what the public wants to see is open to question; you can only speak for yourself.

And a Deal it is - I hope it's an OPW because it might shut some people up, and I say that despite the fact I'd (probably) have carried on.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Last edited by KP on Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:39 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09

OMG!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Watch this place go into meltdown! :smt011

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:39 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09

:|
Well, witht hat Richard attitude it wouldn't surprise me that he squandered £100,000 or more.

Tom22

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:39 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09

Well it's the biggest win this season by a country mile!

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:39 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09

Oh dear, NOT another 3rd deal offer.

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:39 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09

h2005 wrote:

*ducks* :lol:

Tom22

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:40 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09

h2005 wrote:

*hides*

(After Gameweek 22)

redrum666

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:40 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09
Permanently Banned

Carol (I think it was her) talked a lot of sense there- the board is fantastic and this is a once in a lifetime chance at a fantastic prize... of course, money fever is bound to take over here and Mike will ignore that advice and greedily snap up the lamentable offer.

And there we have it- a 3rd offer deal on a wonderful board. I don't know what angers me more- Mike's bullsh*tting about going for it at the start or Endemol engineering the one thing we really did not need given the current run.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:40 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09
International Forums Moderator

Tom22 wrote:
Well it's the biggest win this season by a country mile!

Indeed! When was the last time the contestants saw a bigger win than this? Em isn't it?!?

And whatever Endemol wants, it's obvious what Noel wants. I do now think it's him personally rather than Endemol - if Endemol want to stop the show being seen as encouraging gambling, and that may well be true given what we heard from a contestant recently, they need to give Noel a good talking-to.

Note that this is an 'if', and that many people would like it at least the way it is, if not back towards January 2007. Most of this forum included, evidently.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Last edited by KP on Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:40 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09

Noel says it's so rare for someone to DEAL at this point and it be the right decision, and thinks he has made a mistake...

Noel then calls a break...

alex xxx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:40 pm    Author: alex xxx    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09

i know we have had the bad luck but I dont know of many people that would have dealt there!!!!!! :shock:

Tom22

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:41 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09

kestral wrote:
h2005 wrote:

*ducks* :lol:

I can see you two having your work cut out later! :P

(After Gameweek 22)

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:41 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09

Unless Mike takes out the two biggies, which there was a chance with that board, he's gonna join the list of worst deals ever made :smt009

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:41 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09

I think that's my last game... What a *beep* *beep*.

basicasic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:41 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09
Permanently Banned

I am not happy :evil: .........

but I am staying calm .......... for now.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:42 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09

Oh dear, this is going to be a "popular" thread now - Perhaps I shouldn't of posted that Richard video earlier :lol:

redrum666

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:42 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09
Permanently Banned

KP wrote:
redrum666 wrote:
I can't stand the way the banker does this... Mike said £20,000 was a bit short so he should just leave him to take the gamble and risk the £20,000. Now the offer has been upped to £23,000, I can see Mike walking. Do the producers of this show know NOTHING about what the public wants to see?

Pathetic display from the player if he deals and an even more pathetic display from Endemol for letting this occur.

Can't agree with you on this. I'll accept quite a lot of people feel this way, especially in light of recent events, but I suspect as many and more think that £23,000 is too much to turn down in their situation and this economy.

You can never tell what's happening with this game and Endemol. But it seems to me they want a deal at the moment. Whether that's what the public wants to see is open to question; you can only speak for yourself.

And a Deal it is - I hope it's an OPW because it might shut some people up, and I say that despite the fact I'd (probably) have carried on.

The general public want excitement and entertainment when they watch this show. Admittedly, all the old codgers who tune in probably lapped up his little story about the imminence of his newborn at the start and would quite happily have seen him deal at the opening offer but I think the majority of people (almost all of the people I know and most of us know) prefer to see gambles than 3rd offer cop outs.

Plus, "in this economy"... as far as I'm aware, we aren't actually in recession, we're just in a slower boom so I wouldn't particularly consider that. Besides which, people should be there to play the board, not the money.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:43 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09
Administrator & Global Moderator

killersbee wrote:
Unless Mike takes out the two biggies, which there was a chance with that board, he's gonna join the list of worst deals ever made :smt009

Well it's already one of the worst deals ever made when you look at what his board is like at the point he dealt. However as KP said earlier, it's far from the worst deal of all-time (which is probably Richard's!).

[ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]