Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:05 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:05 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

collydolly

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:03 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09

Warnings: 0
I didn't see all the posts that were deleted but I don't think any of us has the right to slate anyone for what we may see as a bad deal.

Until you have sat in that chair, how do you know how you would react?

When Harvey dealt at £20k because his wife wanted a conservatory, I wonder what was said later when he had £100k in his box :ponder:

It was Mike's game and after the run of bad luck who could blame him for dealing at an amount he had said he wanted.

These shows were recorded in April so the credit crunch was not as bad then.

How many of us would love £23k in their bank account?

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:45 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09

Me, but I'd much rather have £50,000. ;-)

wokoman88

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:58 pm    Author: wokoman88    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09

(Forgive my long-after-the-eventness :) ),

I hope people don't mind me asking this, and I don't want to cause any more trouble, but can I ask who ended up banned after this? I'm just curious to know..

(Incidentally, I had no problems with this deal, it was enough for him, and at least it was a strong improvement on the previous round, I was expecting £16,500-£17,000 as the inital offer)

Games I have seen Recorded:32 (of which 30 have been televised)
Next game to spot me: September 9th 2012

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:00 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09

redrum666, SrWilson, Basicasic received full bans and Aaron Brock recieved a temp ban.

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:14 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09
Administrator & Global Moderator

cookie_monster wrote:
redrum666, SrWilson, Basicasic received full bans and Aaron Brock recieved a temp ban.

Unfortunately so, mainly due to certain posts made in this section of the forum which have been causing concern for many months... and posts being split out on numerous occasions along with reminders of the rules etc. have unfortunately had no effect. It's not a decision which was lightly taken at all and we've been deciding what to do for a while. It's a shame people had to get banned but it was felt it was the best step to take.

Jimmy, Kes and I are here to maintain the forum... in fact there's a rule which even covers it...

Quote:
9. Banning.The Admin reserves the right to ban any user at any time for any reason. This is a private forum and the owners will do whatever is necessary to preserve the quality of the site and forum. Users who continually disrupt the community with allegations, accusations, or activity that is not in the spirit of the purpose of this forum will be removed without explanation.

Apologies for the thread being locked yesterday which caused inconvenience for a few who lost posts... hopefully it won't happen again.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:18 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09

I have to say it's really unfortunate anyone should have to be banned. Basic especially raised some really interesting points about the game in general, a lot of which i agreed with (but would often drive me round the bend at other times!), and I do think the forum may be a duller place without them. :(

I personally didn't have an issue with any of their views, any approach to the game is valid to me and I respect why someone would just want to go on and see if they could possibly get 250k or 100k from their boxes even though it wouldn;t be my personal approach - but it was just really the manner in which they came across sometimes that I always dreaded seeing an contestant I really like deal early. :?

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

[ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]