Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:48 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:48 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:09 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Beryl 01/09

Warnings: 0
OK, let me talk on your ground - it wasn't a trainwreck was it? :lol:

I know it was a squander, but it's as you say - SOS every day now.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:10 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Beryl 01/09

A fairly entertaining show today, with some good wing banter and Beryl was amusing too. I was a little disappointed in the deal as I wanted to see a bigger win and I did think for a moment Beryl was going to go on. So it's a shame Beryl didn't get to 2-box in live play and then have dealt £16,500.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:10 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Beryl 01/09
Administrator & Global Moderator

I've just checked and the last OPW was with Helen on 24/07/08, which was 8 shows ago...

KP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:17 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Beryl 01/09
International Forums Moderator

The biggest win of the season and it's from a Deal almost as bad as her namesake's. Wow.

I'm sure things will change. The questions are when and how - and because the answers are so seemingly unclear and distant, that just makes these games more exciting I guess! (Unless you've read spoilers I suppose :D)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:30 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Beryl 01/09

It was a poor deal, but it's better than nothing, right? (Yes, we have to scrape the barrel that much)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:32 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Beryl 01/09

That's the dividing line...

Some of us, especially in desperate times like this, would prefer to see a moderate win (and probable squander) than a trainwreck...

...but then you have people who think the game runs "sh*t or bust" style.

I'm proud to say I'd have picked a £4,000 TBW over a disaster and trainwreck ANY day!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:40 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Beryl 01/09

You know you have a problem when £4,000 is your highest win of the season. At least it means I don't have to get Box 23 out. If you want to know what that's all about, check out the thread for Emma's game.

In the meantime, I'm reviving The Mad Mark Challenge, but with modified rules. If anyone can deal at or win £20,000 or more through their box, I will personally send them $10 Canadian. Double stakes if a player wins £50,000 or more. Looks like I'll saving lots of money at this rate, though.

Last edited by Dr. Hindsight on Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:40 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Beryl 01/09
International Forums Moderator

It's at least something, something she's no doubt happy with too, but it's a bit desperate to cheer this one... that said, we're in desperate times.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:42 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Beryl 01/09

KP wrote:
It's at least something, something she's no doubt happy with too, but it's a bit desperate to cheer this one... that said, we're in desperate times.

And desperate times call for desperate measures. The Mad Mark Challenge is on. £250,000 Mission, anyone :laughing ?

basicasic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:04 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject: Re: Beryl 01/09
Permanently Banned

A nice, pleasant introduction today from Beryl. Not too gooey; no dead dogs or terminally ill relatives and she came over as such a warm and loving person even the basicasic heart of stone started to melt a little in the hope she would win big.

The game itself was quite an improvement over recent offering with decent amounts left on the board towards the end. But I was never under the illusion she was a rampant gambler. It was always a matter of when rather than if she dealt. The deal, when it came was just feeble but lets be honest Beryl didn't have a clue what was going on there. All she knew was it was getting near the end of the game and she wanted to go home with a few thousand. Anyone with 2 brain cells could have told her to carry on ..... and of course the inevitable squander occurred.

There are signs that luck may be turning though. Is there any of that lot on the wings brave enough to make the most of a good board when it turns up?

daniel4389

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:06 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject: Re: Beryl 01/09

Mad Mark wrote:
In the meantime, I'm reviving The Mad Mark Challenge, but with modified rules. If anyone can deal at or win £20,000 or more through their box, I will personally send them $10 Canadian. Double stakes if a player wins £50,000 or more. Looks like I'll saving lots of money at this rate, though.

There are so many reasons why this is the worst idea ever that I can't think which to pick first. I do have to ask though, did you ever actually send the money to the last person to win the "challenge"? (I forget who it was.)

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:30 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Beryl 01/09

daniel4389 wrote:
Mad Mark wrote:

There are so many reasons why this is the worst idea ever that I can't think which to pick first. I do have to ask though, did you ever actually send the money to the last person to win the "challenge"? (I forget who it was.)

Why so serious, Dan? It's meant as a joke, really.
And the last "winner" was 100K Betty from last season.
Honestly, if I knew where to to send the money, I might have done it.

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:11 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Beryl 01/09

That was one of those odd deals where you think "if you were going to be that cautious, why didn't you deal earlier?" It seemed like she just stopped once there was a chance of going home with next to nothing. She was a very likeable contestant though, and at least she was still happy with what she took and didn't seem to have too many regrets over not going on to 2-box (or heaven forbid, dealing earlier!). And complete Wakeyism wasn't that way to go either oddly enough (well unless you were a committed swapper too!).

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

matthew17

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:10 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: Beryl 01/09

Today's game was alright. Yeah, it was a poor deal, but at least she beat the banker in the end. I think I'd prefer this over a trainwreck like in last week's.

I would've gone on and probably took the 16k.

Anyway, well done Beryl, I hope you enjoy the money. :)

chisell

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:02 pm    Author: chisell    Post subject: Re: Beryl 01/09

Good chat guys. Cant wait to read your comments after tomorrows game. :) :lol: Will be very interesting ......

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:13 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Beryl 01/09

chisell wrote:
Good chat guys. Cant wait to read your comments after tomorrows game. :) :lol: Will be very interesting ......

Does that mean we're in for something good, or something bad? I hope it's something good, because DoND is off to a very rough start.

jonny

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:14 pm    Author: jonny    Post subject: Re: Beryl 01/09

h2005 wrote:
I've just checked and the last OPW was with Helen on 24/07/08, which was 8 shows ago...

Ah yes, I remember it well...

23rd, 24th and 25th of July 2008 (Adam, Helen, William) recorded 7th April 2008

18th, 19th and 20th May 2009 (Cath, Sean, Lynne) recorded 4th February 2009

10th, 11th and 13th December 2009 recorded 4th June 2009

chisell

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:15 pm    Author: chisell    Post subject: Re: Beryl 01/09

Couldnt possibly say Mark but plenty of talking points im sure 8)

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:15 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Beryl 01/09

I thought after this game I would read the Bothers Bar thread for the original Beryl's game, and nobody seems all that shocked she dealt for £3,100 with the 250k still on the board, or were calling her stupid or cowardly. If that game happened now, I think the whole "Today's Show" thread would be locked! :D

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

SrWilson

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:11 am    Author: SrWilson    Post subject: Re: Beryl 01/09
Permanently Banned

chisell wrote:
Couldnt possibly say Mark but plenty of talking points im sure 8)

It will no doubt be bad! Infact it could be the biggest squander in the history of the show!

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

[ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]