Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue May 17, 2022 10:18 pm Last visit was: Tue May 17, 2022 10:18 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

chisell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:19 pm    Author: chisell    Post subject: Re: Emma 31/08

Warnings: 0
h2005 wrote:
Hello chisell. I assume you're Chris from the show then... and your username used to be Brent... or is that a secret? :P

Fine... you're a better looking version of Andy Murray with tidier hair. Henman is pushing it though. :smt009
Hi H, I never wrote as Brent but I know who did! ;-) Its amazing what the make-up and hair team can do. On the point of recent contestants who seem to be weak, it is drilled into you to make the offers seem tempting and valuable so there is certainly a lot of acting involved so a lot of them arent tempted at all by the low offers even when it seems so. Impressed with your site. Good work. :smt023

Profile E-mail  

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:19 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Emma 31/08

Do you have the time, Davey. ;)

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:22 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Emma 31/08
Administrator & Global Moderator

chisell wrote:
h2005 wrote:
Hello chisell. I assume you're Chris from the show then... and your username used to be Brent... or is that a secret? :P

Fine... you're a better looking version of Andy Murray with tidier hair. Henman is pushing it though. :smt009
Hi H, I never wrote as Brent but I know who did! ;-) Its amazing what the make-up and hair team can do. On the point of recent contestants who seem to be weak, it is drilled into you to make the offers seem tempting and valuable so there is certainly a lot of acting involved so a lot of them arent tempted at all by the low offers even when it seems so. Impressed with your site. Good work. :smt023

Interesting that it's drilled into you to make the offers seem tempting. There was a period not so long ago on the show when Noel seemed to get irritated with people who pondered over the offers and often would encourage a "no deal".

It's not my site!! :P Kestral is the one who holds that honour, he set it up a couple of months after DOND started and I stepped in to help him run* it about a year after it started, and now Jimmy also helps to run* it (and also keep me in order :P ).

*I'm not sure if "run" should be "run" or "ruin". :ponder: :P

Profile E-mail  

chisell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:24 pm    Author: chisell    Post subject: Re: Emma 31/08

h2005 wrote:
chisell wrote:
h2005 wrote:

Interesting that it's drilled into you to make the offers seem tempting. There was a period not so long ago on the show when Noel seemed to get irritated with people who pondered over the offers and often would encourage a "no deal".

It's not my site!! :P Kestral is the one who holds that honour, he set it up a couple of months after DOND started and I stepped in to help him run* it a couple of years ago, and now Jimmy also helps to run* it (and also keep me in order :P ).

*I'm not sure if "run" should be "run" or "ruin". :ponder: :P
I would have said run until the Andy Murray comment. Not so sure now.... :ponder:

Profile E-mail  

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:29 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Emma 31/08

cookie_monster wrote:
Do you have the time, Davey. ;)

I have the time now, yes! :P

God I'm terrible tonight! *hides in shame*

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:32 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Emma 31/08

This isn't the "drunken rambles thread" you know. :smt018

Profile E-mail  

Craig

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:16 am    Author: Craig    Post subject: Re: Emma 31/08

Such an unlucky game yet again! I did really hope that the bad luck would've ended today and Emma would have won a huge amount but yet again it wasnt to be! Emma was lovely and she just had no luck which led to another blue win!

Also, what are Endemol doing? It just looks like they can't be bothered with the show anymore and just quickly making them and sending them off to be shown on tv and not bothering to make an effort to make sure everything makes sense! Everytime Noel said it was 'Saturdays' show i couldnt help but say 'Sunday' under my breath.

But like i said in another thread, the first week of Season 3 started off really well with players beating the banker and then it started to go a bit down hill, so surely the opposite can happen for Season 4 and start really badly but then steadily climb up to the big wins!

Hard luck Emma on 50p! Hope the fashion goes well for you!

oh and Welcome to the Forums chisell! :-D

Profile E-mail  

collydolly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:19 am    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: Emma 31/08

h2005 wrote:
Big-Davey wrote:
I'm severely tempted to stop watching the show

A true fan would stick with it without question. :smt011 :P

This past week has been so awful that in some ways it's made me even more eager to watch to see if any of the future weeks can be any worse! In a strange sort of way, this week has made for more enjoyable (if unusual) viewing than a week with 4 / 5 unmemorable deals for modest sums resulting in a payout of about £45k / £50k or something. The contestants who played were pretty good too - I liked most of them and given the right luck, I think we'd have had some cracking games, but it wasn't to be.

Emma took the bad luck well but if this doesn't trigger (another) wave of caution amongst the contestants then I don't know what will. By now Endemol must've surely been pondering about whether or not to introduce some sort of twist to keep the viewers entertained in the next couple of weeks in case the bad luck continues. It makes me wonder if a twist is coming up if you believe one post I read which said a show in mid-September would "interest forum members greatly". I think the luck does change at some point but I don't know when. :? Let's hope it's soon as even this extreme bad luck will get boring very quickly.

The show I saw and said would interest you all looks as if it will be shown on Sunday September 21st now. I promise you will not sleep through that one basicasic.
But please don't shout at me after if you don't enjoy the show :lol:

chisell

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:32 am    Author: chisell    Post subject: Re: Emma 31/08

Thankyou Craig :D

Profile E-mail  

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:43 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: Emma 31/08

Firstly, welcome to the board Chisell!

Secondly, well there's not much left to say that hasn't been said already. The worst week ever, and to be honest, it felt like it as well.

Profile E-mail  

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:58 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Emma 31/08

Lovely contestant, disastrous game.

What a waste.

Oh, and i agree the editing was terrible

Still, things can only get better, right?

basicasic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:24 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject: Re: Emma 31/08
Permanently Banned

chisell wrote:
On the point of recent contestants who seem to be weak, it is drilled into you to make the offers seem tempting and valuable so there is certainly a lot of acting involved so a lot of them arent tempted at all by the low offers even when it seems so :smt023

I was about to say why not make the offers actually tempting in the first place so the contestants don't have to act .........

....... but we want the show to last more than 5 minutes dont we. :?

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:57 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Emma 31/08

Craig wrote:
Also, what are Endemol doing? It just looks like they can't be bothered with the show anymore and just quickly making them and sending them off to be shown on tv and not bothering to make an effort to make sure everything makes sense! Everytime Noel said it was 'Saturdays' show i couldnt help but say 'Sunday' under my breath.

It did seem rather odd and even careless. But don't forget that in previous years when the show's moved days, it's happened later in the year. It looks like (again) the move was a last-minute decision by Channel 4 and at the moment they aren't filming the show (and therefore have no need for editors). Or the editors may be on holiday or working on other projects!! I suspect when they return to work and start editing the shows filmed in the autumn after their recording break, they might edit out references to Saturday / Sunday for episodes which haven't been aired yet.

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:25 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Emma 31/08
International Forums Moderator

Well if I was an editor I wouldn't have bothered editing out the inaccurate references today. They were more interesting than the game.

And I think the suggestion from chissell that contestants are being encouraged to see the offers as tempting when they usually aren't (the precise opposite of last winter) is a clear sign that Endemol reckon that people wanted to see excitement and gambling then, but not now that we're in a recession (sorry Gordon Brown, but we are). Irony here is that they actually don't need to do that, the contestants will collectively adopt an attitude along those lines as it is!!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:27 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Emma 31/08

KP wrote:
now that we're in a recession (sorry Gordon Brown, but we are)

Haha which reminds me of what Alistair Darling said the other day - "people are p1ssed off with us". Surely the Chancellor shouldn't be publicly using words that are filtered out on this forum. :P

Profile E-mail  

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:03 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Emma 31/08

The following picture should basically sum up this entire week of DoND UK, including this craptacular game:

Expect to see this and an Epic Win box a lot this season.
My gosh, you guys have had some of the worst games in DoND history this week. How about a complete turnaround for next week? That might work.

Last edited by Dr. Hindsight on Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:07 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Emma 31/08

I love you, Mark! :D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:11 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Emma 31/08

Big-Davey wrote:
I love you, Mark! :D

Thanks, Dave. Right back at ya ;) .

You have to admit, though, at the rate you guys are going now, the red label Epic Win box won't be seen for a long time, which is unfortunate. Try getting some better games on, and it might make an appearance sometime soon.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:22 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Emma 31/08
International Forums Moderator

The Banker could keep the Epic Win box. :D

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:55 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Emma 31/08

VERY interesting point regarding the pretence of good offers, it does indeed sound like the polar opposite of 18 months ago, I remember one instance in particular (I believe it was Paul S who posted on here and dealt for 28k but had 35k in his box) where they wanted him to re-take the end of the game becuase they wanted him to appear more bothered than he really was about missing out on a extra 7k or something.....

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

[ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]