Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 19, 2022 10:17 am Last visit was: Thu May 19, 2022 10:17 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:46 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Dave 29/08

Warnings: 0
h2005 wrote:
Oh no! Yet another game with a nasty sting in the tail. Hopefully Sunday's game will see the £250k actually remain late into the game and we'll get a big win. Dave was a likeable bloke and looked like he might have a stab at the higher money if it was available to him but unfortunately it never was. When the banker phoned up to up the offer to £12,500, I thought he may have made an offer after every box like he did in Chris' game following a run of bad luck.

Might as well update the stats regarding weekly payouts I posted in yesterday's show thread:

The lowest ever payout in a week is the w/b 26-May-08 with a payout of £33,001 and an average per show of £5,500.17. The total so far this week is £8,480.50 (£4,700.50 excluding Brian's handout), with an average per show of £1,696.10 (£940.10 exc. Brian's handout). So for this week to even just match (and not beat) the worst week ever, Sunday's player needs to win at least £24,520.50 (£28,300.50 exc. Brian's handout).

Doesn't look like it's going to happen at this rate, does it! :|

I say we put the icing on the cake and create a 1p club member.

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:08 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Dave 29/08

I'm not sure I can be bothered commenting on the games until the luck takes a turn for the better.

Hope people don't try and tune in tomorrow like Noel said at the end though.

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:10 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Dave 29/08
Administrator & Global Moderator

I'm surprised they didn't bother editing that at the end... I wonder if there'll be loads of references to "Saturday's" show in Sunday's and Monday's episodes...

Profile E-mail  

redrum666

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:11 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject: Re: Dave 29/08
Permanently Banned

h2005 wrote:
I'm surprised they didn't bother editing that at the end... I wonder if there'll be loads of references to "Saturday's" show in Sunday's and Monday's episodes...

Wouldn't surprise me... Endemol have probably given up trying to tidy these shows up at the moment considering how crippled with bad luck they seem to be :?

Profile E-mail  

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:35 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Dave 29/08

A great game and a great player, shame it didn't pan out, Definately the best game this week though - and sadly the highest winner (not counting Brian's gift)

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:46 am    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject: Re: Dave 29/08

It's a shame Dave didn't have better luck with the boxes. He seemed like the type of guy who would have gone for the big money if it was available to him. It's amazing to think that £3,000 is the most money won this week, excluding Brian's extra prize.

KP

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:46 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Dave 29/08
International Forums Moderator

£12,500 was the best offer of the week, well and truly arguable either way. A No Deal was right for the show, and by the sounds of it right for Dave too - would have been perfectly OK with a Deal there though.

This week is beyond awful. Who'd have thought the biggest win of the week would be from a Banker handout?!?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

James1978

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:12 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Dave 29/08

I liked Dave. I must admit I'd forgotten who he was over the summer break but the thing I remember about him most was in one of the games where he was a newbie (I think it either Louise or Lance) that he actually said soemthing positive about no-dealing as the board was good and Les basically said he didn't know what he was talking about as Dave's only been here 1 game....

Well he at least provided some excitement in no-dealing the £12,500 which was good to see him not fall for the banker's trick of upping the offer. No dealing in a 1-box game is exciting no matter what stage of the game it's it, but I was shouting "Don't pick Beryl" at him as she's wrecked loads of games but he didn't listen. :(

At least he got 3k and not the usual blue which was something. I'm not sure he would have been a complete Wakeyist and he might well have dealt a good offer at 5-box if the 250k had stayed but it would have been good as he'd have taken a justifiable risk to get there and read the board. I generally like Basic's principle of being happy with deals if they've taken a risk to get there (though we often disagree with what constitues a risk :) ), so a deal at 5-box for I reckon 25k or so would have been fine, especially with the 10k going.

We need an absolute mega-win tomorrow for this not to be the worst week ever. Can't see it happening. :(

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:40 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: Dave 29/08

Not another game with bad luck! Dave had the right attitude and deserved to go away with more than £3,000.

Profile E-mail  
 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]